Weird glitches today . . .

Started by mmosu, October 24, 2009, 07:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

cool :) Let us hope that there will be more games with a free saving feature. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: eor123 on December 17, 2009, 05:42:23 PM
For me, the Old Fort rock jump wasn't a bad as the Goka Falls hang glider. The SAVE point in the fort is just up the stairs. The SAVE point in Goka Falls is down the steep hill with the switchbacks.   

I got pretty sick of hearing Reuben's phone call as I trudged up that hill 10-15 times trying to figure out how to pilot the hang glider to the diamond case without smashing into the canyon wall.

heh, I've got a video of that one too:

[smg id=92 type=av align=center]
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

:) Some kind of FC2 revival / renaissance session here  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

eor123

Saw a funny one last night.

Took the car from the bus station in Pala to Mike's Bar but took a truck back to the station. Parked it in about the same spot where the car usually is.

Hopped the bus for a quick mission near the SE station and returned to Pala via bus to find that a car had materialized partially inside the truck that I had left parked there. The hood of the car was visible in the front seat of the truck!

When I approached the vehicles, they both flew upward with a loud crash and came down as separate vehicles.

I was afraid I was about to get caught in a massive explosion but nothing happened. I got in the truck and drove off.

Another WTF moment.
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

JRD

Nice one eor123

Imagine a merc sitting across the street, chewing tobacco and watching as you hop in the bus, the car materializes, you hop off and the WTF moment happens  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

eor123, good idea to sucker the game into materialising innocently (area respawn), after placing an obstacle (vehicle) exactly where a respawn would take place.  :)

JRD, LOLOLOL!  :-X

mmosu

Quote from: JRD on December 27, 2009, 03:41:30 PM
Imagine a merc sitting across the street, chewing tobacco and watching as you hop in the bus, the car materializes, you hop off and the WTF moment happens  ;)
:o I think this face would be appropriate in that situation!

eor123

This may be a new one.

Whenever I save the game at the Safe House near the pipeline, the Mercs in the assault truck nearby get tangled up in the truck. I can hear the racket from inside the Safe House.

When I walk out, I usually find one on the ground and one tangled up in the truck's body, twitching and flailing about with a terrible racket.

This one isn't funny...the game freezes up almost 50% of the time when I am leaving the gun shop nearest to Mosate Selao
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

fragger

Haven't struck either of those glitches, maybe it's an Xbox thing? I'm on PC.

Art Blade

fragger

Beware the invisible merc!

[smg id=1825]

Art Blade

LOL! HAhahahah!!! I'm just glad they don't smile all the time. Imagine meeting that guy at night, you'd be thinking a dental prosthesis came flying at you  ;D

fragger

:) :) Hehehe! The Cheshire Cat packs heat ;D

eor123

The invisible merc thing is pretty weird to run across.

I was listening to a couple of mercs trash-talking each other in Pala. One of them was twitching real badly. I didn't know if it was part of the scene or a glitch until I saw the other merc disappear right in front of me, leaving his rifle and sidearm behind, suspended in the air.

After a few seconds the weapons flew up into the air, the merc reappeared and landed on his feet in front of me.

When it is late and your eyes are tired, you wonder about this stuff.  ::)

Art Blade

If you don't know what it is, headbutt it  ;D

mmosu

Ah yes, the headbutt button.  I heard it was in the game originally but got scrapped when they went to beta testing  ;)

RedRaven

Now that would be funny. When a cocky merc starts giving you some cheeky remark you could just walk up and give them a scottish handshake!

If only ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

fragger

LOL "scottish handshake" ;D :-X

fragger

Something a bit different today...

I took on a comm tower mission to bump off a suit in Port Selao. After stopping off at the weapon shop east of town, I decided to make a dash straight into the port, passing the GP at the road junction on the way in. I heard some yelling as I hurtled past the GP - "We've got a live one!", etc - but whizzed past before any of them could draw a bead on me. Then I heard an engine start up and looking behind me, I saw a merc in a Jeep giving chase. He followed me all the way in over the bridge before he lost it and crashed in the bushes, just outside of town but still well within the cease-fire zone, while I continued on into the port. Deciding to go back and see what the merc was doing, I got out of my 'mog and walked back to find him prowling around in the bush just beyond the outlying buildings. I popped him from behind, and immediately got a "Leave the cease-fire zone and escape your attackers", message (or whatever that message says). So I took his Jeep and drove back out along the road I'd come in on until I got the all-clear message, then turned around and headed back in.

A glance at the map showed that my target was on the other side of town, so off I went looking for him. Suddenly a quick succession of pistol shots rang out, one of them tagging me slightly, and I saw the suit running around frantically and taking pot shots at me - while all the town mercs just sauntered about unconcernedly. Even when I returned fire, the mercs didn't raise so much as an eyebrow. Finally I dropped the bugger right in front of the goon outside the door of UFLL HQ, and he didn't even blink. I received the "Mission Complete" message, and didn't have to leave town or shake any pursuers.

Evidently by forcing the "Lose Your Attackers" message early, it prevented it from coming up after I took out the suit. It was a novel experience, having a running gun battle in town while the mercs just wandered around as though nothing was happening.

Even the glitches in this game add to the fun!

Art Blade

deadman1

Hehe cool story. I wonder what would have happend if you or the suit would have accidently (?  ;)) killed one of the townmercs.

mmosu

They must have wanted him gone too, and were willing to turn a blind eye to any "unpleasantness" in order to be rid of him  ;)  I can picture the suit running around going "aren't any of you Neanderthals going to do anything about this!! HELP ME!!!!"

Art Blade

PZ

I've not experienced that on PC or PS3 - have you tried a different save to see if you can reproduce it with something fresh?  It might take an old save - sometimes glitches are maintained in saves which then manifest themselves at a later time.

Tags:
🡱 🡳