This may be the weirdest thing I have seen yet...

Started by eor123, March 26, 2010, 12:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eor123

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

edit: resized pic /Art
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

RedRaven

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

eor123

They are completely oblivious to my presence or the gunfire a few feet away as I killed two other mercs.

Being on an XBox, I can't do a screen capture  but I had to get the digital camera out and catch this strangeness.

It worked better than I thought it would. I wish I had known that sooner. There are several really strange / cool moments I would have enjoyed sharing.
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

PZ

Nice one - and the quality is surprisingly good for catching a TV screen  :-X

eor123

It gets weirder... I got in the AT and drove it off, wondering what would happen to the macarena mercs.

edit: resized pic /Art

eor123

;D

edit: resized width (yet again) /Art

eor123

I shot them and now they are laying dead, suspended in midair.

What a funny glitch!

PZ

Truly - I've definitely not seen that one before  :-X

RedRaven

Maybe they are fed up with a lowly Merc's life and are trying to get a job modelling for Calvin Klein..... ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

spaceboy

put your left arm in, put your left arm out...  :)

great shot eor123! 
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

mmosu

That's a good one  :-X
You probably captured the one and only time it will ever occur too!

Art Blade

If you don't use our own gallery (which you could have) you may want to resize the pictures by adding "width=600" into the brackets, like [ img width=600 ] so you don't expand the post size all across and beyond a wide screen monitor  :)

Nice pics, never seen those weird poses before, either  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

eor123

I used the owg gallery but couldn't figure out how to resize the images for the forum. Thanks for the tip.

Art Blade

Ah, maybe you used the "wrong" embed code. Go for "BBC embed code" and just post that, it will automatically embed the pic and make it a thumbnail. If that is too small, you may still add the "width" parameter in the same fashion, usually 400 is a good size.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

eor123

Thanks for resizing. I was trying but you beat me to it.

I was wrapping the the bbc code with the [img] tags initially, causing some extraneous code to show up along with the smaller image. I know how to do it now.

[smg id=2130]

Art Blade

mandru

In Act I Lebowa when you go directly North from the Southern bus stop, past the gas station GP then  past the ledge and field where you return to kill the remaining faction leader that sent you to kill the opposing faction leader at Goka falls, I've encountered this same glitch with the ATP that runs up the hill to the safe house at the turn to the Cock Fights.

Shooting the mercs out of their AT as they came down the road, I took their wheels and went up to unlock that next safe house to the North then I returned South the way I'd come.  I had planned on switching up to that ledge on the East side of the road (I previously mentioned) in order to go off road and hug the hill side so that I could avoid the previously mentioned Gas station GP and get to the road that runs East to the cell tower to pick up another mission.

As I got to the spot where I planned to go off road I spotted the two mercs hanging there in the air without their AT.  I stopped and walked around them as you described eor123 they were oblivious to my presence but in my case their arms were bent straight back at the shoulder and their hands bent sharply down at the wrist towards the ground so that they kinda resembled the handle bars on a chopper.

Unfortunately this was before I'd come across OWG and didn't know how to take screen shots to document this massive bizarreness.  I'm glad someone finally got shots of this glitch.  :-X

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

What the - ?

That's a bizarre glitch! I saw the thumbs on the home page when I first logged in tonight and I thought: hello, Eyeore's been creative with Photoshop ;D

That is a definite oddie. Looks like mandru is the only other member to have witnessed that kind of anomaly thus far.

And hey, the pics came up really well :-X

eor123

I suspect this may have something to do with the glitch I have observed [and used to my advantage] on several occasions and in different locations in the game:

If I save a game at a safe house when a traveling AT is in close proximity, the mercs in the AT are some times killed and found in very weird positions, such as partially materialized within the AT.

This was pretty close to a safe house and I had just saved the game.

The AI acts strange in this spot anyway. There is a diamond case close to the road. When retrieving the diamond there before, I have noticed that the AT makes several short trips back and forth like they have seen something but aren't sure. It was not likely as it is dark, I'm in camo, and keep behind a tree.

They eventually get out of the AT but just stand around near the diamond case -- almost as if they are setting up an ambush. 

After saving the game I ran into and killed these two guys on foot and then saw the two weird ones in the AT.

I think I must have saved the game as these guys were getting out of the AT and when the game resumed it thought it needed to spawn two replacements for the AT but the AT was not in the "reset" position. Or maybe the two in the AT fell victim to the safe game/ respawn glitch and the two on foot were replacements.

I have noticed that following a save, one or two mercs seem to show up out of no where at times.

On one of my first early play throughs I saw something much like mandru described as well.

i love it when weird stuff happens.

I had a dead merc stuck in the driver's side door of a Jeep last night. I got in and started driving and he remained stuck in the door for a while. I tried to get a picture of it but couldn't quite pull it off physically as I had to use the controller to keep looking to my left while trying to steady the camera in low light with one hand.

mmosu

I was going to point out that in the past it seems as though console players and PC players have seen different subsets of respective glitches and maybe this one falls into that category, but mandru's response flushes that idea...

Tags:
🡱 🡳