FC3: Funny moments

Started by durian, December 07, 2012, 12:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStranger

I think there is always a crocodile lurking in the water nearby. Yeah maybe he wanted to "land" although it looked more like a stone trying to land on the water.

fragger

Well, as far as I'm aware, I'm the first one here to get killed by a goat ????

I was standing right at the edge of a cliff when a bunch of goats being chased by dogs ran into me and knocked me off.

After I respawned I went on a little goat hunt >:D

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

tastes bad and even worse when it's coming up again. :-D Nice one, fragger.. that indeed is unique. Next challenge: get knocked out by a chicken. :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Give me time mate, give me time :-()

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I wasn't quick enough to get a screenie of this, unfortunately.

I heard a Rakyat on the other side of a grassy slope yell, "Watch out! Leopard!" followed by much frantic shooting, roaring and screaming. I couldn't see any of it, but then I heard an explosion (dunno what it was) and saw the leopard go flying up into the air :-() First time I've seen an explosive-lofted animal in the game :laugh: Usually they just fall over when they're blown up.

mandru

You spotted a flying leopard?

The build up scenario leading up to and including the flying part of is pretty funny but if and when that sort of thing happens to a leopard...

Spoiler

They're usually spotted.  :-D

I agree completely with your observation that when an animal is killed by an explosion "they just fall over".

>:D  >:D  >:D

But if an animal is already lying dead when a well placed explosion occurs near them they fly quite well.  Earlier this evening I was messing around in that large grassy meadow N.E. of the sewage treatment plant on the N. Isle (where you save Ollie).  My (sadly unachieved) goal was to launch a tapir or the occasional tiger corpse across the river to the far side using C-4 charges and landmines for lift.  :)

I don't think I've ever seen a Rakyat warrior throw a grenade.  If this all happened in the absence of pirates or privateers (you would have heard "You fight without honor" as part of the screaming) it really does leave a point to ponder as to what it could have been that caused the explosion.  ????
- mandru

Art Blade

lol mandru, that spoiler of yours was spot on :laugh:

Problems thinking up explosions? You guys do remember their driving skills, don't you?  :-()

fragger

:laugh: @ mandru's spoiler

It might have been one of those red exploding barrels, there's a few places on the map where one of those will just be lying around by itself for no apparent reason. Maybe the leopard was already dying right next to one when a Rakyat set it off.

mandru

Not exactly a funny moment but when a jet ski is shot from a distance with an RPG I find it amusing that first there's the explosion from the RPG round blowing the jet ski out of the water and up into the air.  Then once the jet ski has achieved some good lift it explodes in a second burst of flame.

It's always struck me as odd that there are jet skis scattered all around in the game but we never get to see any of the militia or locals zipping around on them.  ????

Believe me, I'd love to drop an RPG round on a pirate riding one of those water skimming Molotov cocktails.  >:D
- mandru

Art Blade

fragger

You never see the pirates riding the quad bikes or driving the buggies either ????

mandru

Also they never use the smaller passenger cars the non-warrior islanders sometimes drive nor the big canopied or flatbed trucks scattered around for that matter.

At least not that I can think of off the top of my head.
- mandru

Binnatics

How funny it would be if pirates or rakyat would conquer you for those vehicles... and who knows for achieving certain goals like taking over guardposts, catching wildlife, gather loot etc. Wouldn't that make the game even more enjoyable... :)

Oh boy, I'm starting to dream of a Far Cry 4 :angel: ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

hey, it won't be like that. It's from UBI  >:D

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mandru

A funny situation that is easily reproducible uses the commonly encountered two privateers and a jeep that is broken down and smoking in the roadway.

One of the privateers is at the back and side of the jeep while the other is fussing around at the front.  Neither is paying too much attention to the other which makes it easy to head shot the one at the back unnoticed.  Then by creeping around a bit for a clear shot for the one in the front I've noticed that by waiting for him to raise the hood and lean in over the engine before giving him the same treatment as his partner (the silenced Signature Bushman is excellent for this operation) the instant he receives the head shot the jeep reverts to its hood closed appearance giving the impression that it has slammed shut on his head.

He of course falls to the ground with his head still attached but the reaction of the hood snapping closed is amusing.  :-D
- mandru

Art Blade

that's definitely worth a +1 :-X my friend, muahaha! :laugh:

fragger

This isn't really a funny thing, just something I haven't come across before despite having played FC3 for well over a year.

I came across a civvie wandering around near a shack. As I approached he said, "I've lost something. Can you help me find it?"

After looking around for a bit I found a glowing book on the ground. I picked it up, went back to the guy, interacted with him and he gave me fifty bucks.

I've never seen that before ????

Art Blade

happened to me only once, indeed a rare event. It's something the type of "can you fix my car?" (which I sometimes do if I have a torch and if I do, I usually I take the reward, kill them, and take their ride, too.  >:D The alternative would be chucking a pack of C4 at it, blow it up, and say, "sorry, can't be fixed."  :-() )

fragger

mandru

I encountered the lost book guy up a bit from the beach very near Pirate Cove after completing the game the first time.  I've gone back and searched that area as I've completed the game on my other two game profiles but have never been able to locate him again.

It's always left me wondering if there are any other random missions like that one but I've not been able to find any in all my rambling about within the game and I've not hit on any encouraging leads in this direction searching online.  I've not even been able to find any mention of this lost book mission while I've been running searches.
- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳