FC3: Funny moments

Started by durian, December 07, 2012, 12:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexor

[smg id=6181 type=av align=center caption="FC3 Rally"]

PZ

lol, good one, nex.  You must have a bulletproof buggy  :-()

Reminds me of my usual method of running down the three mercs at the abandoned bus near the southwest bus stop in Leboa.  Running them down without expending a single bullet is quite satisfying.  :-()

nexor

I did this run for the best part of an hour, going from one side to the other.
I did another one where the Pirate post is at the beginning of a river and there's a road on either side of the outpost and they both linked, so you can drive around the post with a number of other roads joining, plenty of patrol jeeps to encounter with lots of fun  :-D 

PZ

Cool;  :-X

I haven't played much of anything except FC2 for a while now, but I think I'll give modded FC3 another go.  ;)

fragger

Good one nex, that's funny :-X :-()

fragger

I had a run-in with some patrolling pirates, and after the fur stopped flying I came across this guy:

[smg id=6187 align=center width=600]

He was dead, despite the fact that he was still crouched and was swinging an air weapon from side to side. I was able to go right up to him and loot his zombie arse.

Not long after that I decided to go and liberate the Broken Neck Home outpost. My first tactic looked good on paper... I commandeered a vehicle from four Rakyat guys and let them get back onboard, then I drove them to the outpost. There is a longish stretch of straight downhill road leading from the NE right into the camp, so I gunned it from the top of the road, built up a good head of speed, then bailed out and let the car roll all the way down into the outpost with the Rakyat still in it, figuring that maybe they would put up a scrap and take out a few of the defenders, or at least keep them occupied long enough to allow me to bag the rest sneaky-fashion. The RPG pirate borked that plan by blowing up the car before the Rakyat guys could get out of it.

So on to plan B - go in like gangbusters and wreak havoc, alarms be damned. The alarms were consequently damned, and before long I had numerous reinforcements including a helicopter gunship on my case and things got rather warm. After a great deal of running, fighting and hitting up heal-juice I was down to just one heavy to deal with, as far as I could tell. I lured him back into the outpost and let the tiger out of its cage to chastise him, which it did with commendable feline efficiency.

But the outpost stubbornly refused to get liberated. I traipsed all around the surrounding scrub and couldn't find a single living pirate, but still my flag stayed unfurled. Just when I was putting it down to some sort of glitch and was resigned to going away and coming back to try again later, a detection indicator finally appeared. I ducked for cover and the indicator disappeared. I popped back up and it reappeared. I yo-yoed like this a couple more times, but no fight ensued, nor did I hear any yelling, cussing or derogatory Snow White comments.

Smelling a programming rat, I cautiously approached in the indicated direction and found the culprit. A heavy was lying dead on the ground, but apparently he could still see me - the detection indicator kept pointing right at him while I circled him.

So what else could I do? I made him absolutely dead with my SPAS. Without moving he said "I can't believe... you got... me..." (not hard to believe mate, you were already gotten), and the outpost then promptly liberated itself.

As it jolly well should have.

mandru

Good one fragger.   :)  :-X

I've found that when I'm using the no detect command line cheat you can do a take down and drag on one enemy and the guy standing there chatting with him will never notice as long as you drag the body away far enough to stash it where it won't be spotted.

Earlier tonight while playing (with no detection engaged) I'd used the take down and drag combo but instead of the body coming along with me to be dumped out of sight it hung there in an awkward half standing backwards slump where I'd knifed and grabbed him.  The mechanics were the same as if I was dragging him and his buddy who was standing there next to him when I grabbed him remained completely unaware.

I went through the motions of dragging the body off into the weeds hoping that the game would figure out it's error and shift the body out of sight when I let go of what ever it was the game thought I was moving but the second I released the drag the hanging corpse sagged and fell to the ground and the remaining privateer shouted "Whoa!" and started looking for me.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I was on top of a hill when I saw a group of two pirates and two captured natives walking up a dusty path so I decided to help those natives. I sniped the pirate at the end of the column but I guess he made a sound which made the pirate in front turn around, gawk, and start to shoot at his prisoner. I managed to finish him off before he could kill the poor sod, alright, but meanwhile the prisoner from the back was already being chewed up by a leopard. I then looked at the other prisoner just in time to see he was being manhandled by a Komodo dragon and of course he died in the process. Well.

The next time I saw a group like that I thought, lesson learned, waited until they were in a straight line and fired only one round with my sniper. It went through all of their heads. >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

- mandru

fragger

lol @ you guys' tales :-()

A singular facet of both FC2 and FC3 is how much additional albeit unintentional entertainment can be provided by their glitches 8) I've probably laughed my head off more times playing either of these games than I have with any other FPS, where a glitch more often than not spells exasperation.

Art, I can't count the number of times I've saved villagers' skins from pirates/privateers only to see them get clawed or chewed by some wild animal ::) You have to wonder how they survived long enough to get captured at all ????

nexor

And don't mention how many of them get run over by their own buddies.

Art Blade

:-D

Always makes me chortle when a pirate is giving me a speech while I am training my gun on his brains and at times finish his line a bit early.

"You're in for a world of PAAAaaaargh!"

Oops. You were saying?  >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

:laugh: just like the cheeky chaps in FC2  :-X

mandru

At the lumberyard on the North island if you come across three pirates sitting around either a roasting pig or a plain camp fire it's worth listening to their conversation.  When I've encountered them it is usually on the South East extremities of the area.  :)

The basic theme runs along the line of each of them relating their experiences of the first time they killed someone.

An example:  "My first was a car accident.  :(   But when it happened I knew I liked it.  >:D "
- mandru

PZ

Art Blade

fragger

Art Blade

Today I had three funny moments.

First I tried I believe mandru's tip which involves a wingsuit launch from within The Compound. Bloody hell, it sent me right up and out of town across the river and I whipped out my parachute just in time to avoid smacking into a mountain slope. All that within about five seconds after the launch. :laugh:

Then I was busy around Rust Yard (killed their fecking dog first but had no intention to liberate any outpost) and stirred up some buffaloes which attracted some cassowaries which attracted the pirates of said outpost which attracted some tigers and.. before long I got the message popping up which told me I had liberated the outpost undetected. Damn, indeed I hadn't fired a single round except the one resting in the dog but I didn't want those feathered or furred friends to do all the wetwork and take out an outpost for me  :D :-D

Again I tried a tip from I believe mandru, near Rust Yard is the sniper location we all know from the story mission when we had to protect that dope-head wandering around in that purification plant before he made us a gunner on his boat and so on.. there is still a massive ammo crate which one may blow up and from there the purification plant is a well of respawning pirates which is a feast for any sniper  :) The funny bit, however, happened when I was indeed sniping pirates from there. I took out a few just to see them respawn, and aiming down the scope I waited for two to line up and fired. All went red with blood mist, I mean ALL went red as in I couldn't see a thing but red, and then feathers came floating down while the mist cleared. That made me think of fragger's "another WTF-moment" -- apparently a suicidal bird of paradise had managed to get right in front of my barrel when I pulled the trigger..  ??? :laugh:

PZ

fragger

Funny stories Art :laugh: :-X :-X Your one about Rust Yard made me think of the AM12 outpost. I was observing that one when a bunch of Komodos scurried into it and clobbered the pirates and all the dogs. Because I was there and watching, I got the "liberated" message with the undetected XP bonus. And all I did was look!

Regarding mandru's observation of the three camping pirates telling "first kill" stories, I've seen them do that in a couple of other places. One is on the beach just north of the drug fields. I overheard this exchange earlier tonight:

Pirate 1: "I stabbed a whore who was giving me s#!t. I can't remember where I was". Pirate 2: "My first was a hunting accident. I thought the ba$t@rd was a deer!"

Then I 'naded them all to get the Mulitkill points >:D

mandru

- mandru

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on July 23, 2013, 05:58:32 AMI took the picture when he was on his way down, he went up to about twice that height
[smg id=6130 align=center width=600]
What a loser...

I got something like that, only I had blown up his vehicle which sent him up in the air :) A pity they don't burst open like a massive watermelon when they land.
[smg id=6199 type=preview align=center caption="high flyer"]

mandru

Nice one Art.  :-D  :-X

Seeing that shot at Hoyt's airfield and talking about things blowing up reminded me that I've been meaning to mention that the canvass tents at the East end of that area also go boom nicely when set off with an explosive round from the sniper rifle, C-4 or a grenade.

I believe they can be triggered by the gun in the chopper when you are making the escape with Jason's brother Reily.  ;)
- mandru

Art Blade

Yep, I just mentioned that in the tips section, about those canvas barracks.. and saw your comment there, I must have beaten you to it by just a few minutes  :-D

mandru

You're a sharp one Herr Blade.  ;)
- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳