FC3: Funny moments

Started by durian, December 07, 2012, 12:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

durian

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

fragger

fragger

(Please click on the image to see it more clearly)
[smg id=6301 align=center width=600]

"It may be a foolish man who doesn't learn from his mistakes, but it is an absolute idiot that doesn't learn from other people's" - Frasier Crane

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

:-D did you create that comic, fragger?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

durian

You've just gotten a slap on the back for your excellent FC3 mini comics, fragger  :-X :-()

nexor

Brilliant fragger     :-X :-D

PZ

Art Blade

OK, then. The other guys already answered my question, so here goes: +1 :-X for you, fragger  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Thanks chaps :)

Art, yes I did. I had some time on my hands last night and that sequence of pics suggested itself. There was a third Rakyat wandering around and he nearly walked into the fire too, but instead he let the side down by moving away from it :-()

Art Blade

mandru

fragger I think this discovery has made the top 10 list among favorite pastimes in FC3.  At least it sits pretty solidly on the radar now that you've pointed it out.  :-X  +1

I've got a thrash and havoc save file that has all outposts still populated with pirates/privateers for me to ravage (using the god and no detect cheats) and had to go in to find out which of the outposts had been featured in your comic.  After a bit of rambling around I found that your sequence was shot on the North Island at Nat's Repairs.  I had to try out the elements of recreating your series but with pirates.

Using my bow to crack a jet of flame off the end of the tank the immediate reaction was a lot of screaming warning about a fire but briefly after the initial alertness the pirates reverted back to At Ease mode and became oblivious to it's danger.  A rock tossed, a pirate lured to within range "Ahhh! I'm on FIYAHH" and the subsequent thrashing around of his death throes.  Briefly the screaming about fire started again among the others but things calmed down again fairly quickly.

Time for another rock.  I got three of them that way.  >:D

I probably could have drawn in more of them but Nat's Repairs is lightly staffed (only 5 or 6 potential corpses) and I didn't want to capture the outpost.  What I wanted was more chaos.  So I worked my way over to Cradle Gas which is much more heavily populated and also has one of the large propane tanks like Nat's. 

Jackpot!  I was able to lure 6 of them into the jet of flame.  It took some time to swing but what else have I got besides plenty of time on my hands and a ravenous hunger for amusement.  :-D

Once again I avoided capturing the outpost and as the personnel started running short I hopped on the quad runner that spawns nearby to the to the West of Cradle Gas and in a brief 20 seconds I was stirring things up at the Old Mines starting with running over their two dogs that rushed out to greet me (eat me?  ???? ) as I flew past on the quad.  A quick turn around and zip back down to Cradle Gas and everything was reset for a fresh go.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to spend some time playing with this one.  ;)

- mandru

Art Blade

Art Blade

I just overheard a bonfire conversation between pirates.

Pirate1: "Do you remember your first kill?"
Pirate2: "I pushed a blind man into traffic when I was a kid."

:laugh:

fragger

A funny thing happened at Mosquito Yard. From the top of the small hill at the back of the outpost I sniped open the tiger cage, and when the tiger came out it took out all the pirates bar two. One was the sniper on the roof, I put an arrow in him while the other guys were preoccupied with the tiger. The last guy took out the tiger and then hung around the safehouse. I threw a rock to lure him behind the safehouse, then put an arrow in him too.

When I tried to loot that last guy's body, the vending machine interface came up instead ???? I cancelled out and tried to loot the body again, and again the vending machine interface came up. Turned out the vending machine was just the other side of the wall from the dead pirate and I was interacting with it from outside the safehouse. There's a gap in the wall and you can see the pulsating back of the machine through it.

But later when I tried to do that I couldn't. Must have been something to do with the proximity of the pirate's body to the machine (he was half-propped up against the wall right below the machine).

Sometime later and up for a lark, I left a mine in the middle of the road near the radio tower that's closest to Earnhart's place, climbed up the tower and waited for a car to come along. A bloody crab set the mine off instead. I know it was a crab because the "press esc for crab info" message came up when the mine went off :-()

nexor

I'm not very good with the bow, and I think the arrows also don't go as far as in real life, or am I wrong?

Art Blade

lol @ crab  :laugh:

Nexor, those arrows go pretty damn far. In the vanilla game I could match a sniper rifle with them and probably shoot arrows even farther than a sniper rifle would hit. In real life it depends on many things but at least on the type of bow (and the power of the bow string) and the angle at which you shoot (ballistic at 45° would be farthest but hell, try to hit something with a ballistic shot like that).

nexor

I must have another go at it, just don't fancy the sights on it  :-(

fragger

Buy the Marksman sight for it, it makes all the difference. Then it's just a question of practice :) Those two red dots that come with the bow's ordinary sight are pretty much useless.

I've found that I can shoot explosive arrows further than anything else in the game, further even than the regular arrows. From the top of the radio tower near the Dry Palm Storage outpost on the south island, I can land the explosive arrows right in the outpost (I can even get that sniper on the high platform), but can't snipe the mercs with any sort of sniper rifle from there - they're out of range. Can't reach them with ordinary arrows either.

All arrows can actually travel a bit further than the maximum range indicated on the Marksman sight, you just need to aim a bit higher than the maximum range dot (which I think is 200m).

mandru

I've found that there are situations especially in close up speed firing of the bow where aim improves if I don't use the right mouse button when sighting and depend on the reticule(?) markings in the center of the screen to glow red to show when I've got a bead on my temporarily live target.  Non-live objects aren't tracked when you aim at them.

That method's not as good for setting off an explosive barrel at long range but has its advantages for me since the bow isn't my first choice of weapon.
- mandru

nexor

Thanks guys I'm going to try it out next time I'm on the Island   :-X

durian

I've just spent a couple of hours in the North island, wandering around taking the outposts as well as collecting relics, lost letters, ect. Something weird just happened to me while I was doing a wanted dead mission in the southeast area, near the river. I approached the target but got spotted by the molotov guys, they threw molotovs at me, I had to retreat, and ran across the river. Then all of a sudden 2 Rakyats showed up, standing behind those motove guys a short distance and to my surprise, those guys didn't shoot the pirates, instead they shot at me! And those pirates were just staring at me, didn't realize that there were 2 Rakyats standing right behind them :o

Art Blade

you should definitely reconsider your aftershave.  :-D

PZ

:laugh:  :-X

You are such a bad boy, AB!  :-()

fragger

durian, is there any way you could have hit one of those Rakyat guys accidentally while shooting at the pirates? Then the Rakyat would turn on you, being the fickle bunch of so-and-sos they are. Well, they are displaced Kiwis, so one has to make allowances... :-()

I've had them forget about the bad guys and turn on me immediately when I've hit one accidentally while shooting at pirates, so I'm just wondering :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳