FC3: Funny moments

Started by durian, December 07, 2012, 12:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

oh, and straight edge, too :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

The rifling on even the straightest gun barrel has a twist.  :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Art Blade

[smg id=6218 type=preview align=center caption="collecting pirates"]

Trying to max out my own tip, I kept collecting pirates and managed to have them follow me about a thousand metres. Took quite some time, too. No morale and no order are not easy to lead.

I started out with a foot patrol of two men and kept adding everyone who crossed my path. My main goal was to lead them into Amanaki Town  >:D On my way I lost a couple of pirates here and there, mostly because of hungry animals but I lost quite a few men to "friendly" grenades that had my name on them yet they took out a couple of the pirates' own crew which had grown temporarily to almost a dozen men. Temporarily down to five. Damn animals and grenades. We then stopped over in Amanaki outpost for the night which for some reason ended in a grenade mayhem among my travelling companions.

We didn't encounter any Amanaki warriors. On the way to Amanaki Town we only had a few melees with a couple of Komodo dragons but managed to reinforce ranks with patrols who did not want to travel on with two shot tyres but a bit of stoning made them immediately follow willingly on foot. Unfortunately no one wanted to follow into Amanaki Town, it seemed to have invisible doors with invisible signs that read, no pirates please. So I shot them all right at the doorstep, I then followed another invisible sign telling me to wipe my feet and I then cursed the whole fucking trip.

Binnatics

Quote from: Abletile on July 10, 2013, 03:16:12 PM
This isn't funny but it makes me happy:-

I have finally got all my weapons on level 20, wohoo!!!

8) ^-^

Respect mate, and definitely +1 :bow :bow

I know what it is like to get them all. Especially the flare gun took ages to get. Did you use regular MP to get them all levelled up? Or only coop?
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on August 24, 2013, 06:35:32 PM
We didn't encounter any Amanaki warriors. On the way to Amanaki Town we only had a few melees with a couple of Komodo dragons but managed to reinforce ranks with patrols who did not want to travel on with two shot tyres but a bit of stoning made them immediately follow willingly on foot. Unfortunately no one wanted to follow into Amanaki Town, it seemed to have invisible doors with invisible signs that read, no pirates please. So I shot them all right at the doorstep, I then followed another invisible sign telling me to wipe my feet and I then cursed the whole fucking trip.

Good read, great idea :laugh: :-X Too bad Ubi doesn't allow us that kind of freedom. Would have been fun >:D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Thanks. :-D

I maxed out I think most of if not all of my weapons together with Abletile, playing coop only. The flare was horrible and basically only doable while camping around ammo crates so we had plenty to shoot with. I keep forgetting whether or not they're all maxed out because a) I keep using just the same few weapons so I don't even see the stats of any other weapons which are all crap and b) I am so glad I don't have to touch those weapons any more once they actually are maxed out I much rather forget about the them and the chore.  :)

PZ

What a great experiment, AB; reminds me of the things we used to do in the FC2 towns

+1  :-X

Art Blade

thank you, PZ  :)

Yep, I keep trying to find new ways or do stuff differently. That's how I find the limits of game mechanics. :)

PZ

Indeed; it has always been great fun to explore and discover the rich diversity in activities one can accomplish in an open world game.  Perfect example in FC2 was the route fragger found up to the grassy overlook above Polytechnic.

Art Blade

Those mercs saw me, got overexcited and subsequently careened off into the surf. Then the mercs started to abandon the safety of their ride and drowned! The guy in the middle is waving his arms seconds before drowning  :laugh:

[smg id=6271 type=preview align=center caption="no swimming"]

Art Blade

Have you ever got knocked out by bare fists? I didn't even know they could do that  :laugh:
I took that screenie while I went down, that guy (a sniper, rifle on his back) even said, "I'll knock you out!"  :-D
[smg id=6272 type=preview align=center caption="knock out"]

mandru

But he's in calf deep water!  Why didn't he drown?  :-()
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

nexor

Quote from: Art Blade on September 15, 2013, 01:55:26 PM
The guy in the middle is waving his arms seconds before drowning 

Hope you waved goodbye back at him Art  :-D

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on September 15, 2013, 05:46:11 PM
Have you ever got knocked out by bare fists? I didn't even know they could do that  :laugh:

I wish you could punch them out if you're close enough. That'd be cool :-X

Art Blade

fragger, so true  :-X

The boxer didn't drown, he'd have to be in it up to his waist, apparently, like the guy standing next to the Jeep. And no, I didn't wave him good-bye, I was busy picking up my jaw which had dropped to the ground seconds before. :-D

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on September 16, 2013, 06:53:25 AM
....I was busy picking up my jaw which had dropped to the ground seconds before. :-D

:laugh: :-X

durian

It's amazing that nobody, including pirates and Rakyat guys can swim except Jason  ;D
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

you're absolutely right.. and we're bloody lucky Jason can :-()

nexor

Could be that the pirates don't like water and the whining Rakyat mommies told their kids what my mother told me, "you're not going into the water not before you can swim"!!   ::)

Art Blade

fragger

Quote from: durian on September 17, 2013, 01:49:21 PM
It's amazing that nobody, including pirates and Rakyat guys can swim except Jason  ;D

:-D

And not even any of the land animals - they just fall in the water and drown ????

Art Blade

That's the secret of Rook islands. No one escapes  :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳