FC3: Funny moments

Started by durian, December 07, 2012, 12:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexor

Those Rakyat's are lunatics, specialy when it comes to driving, I'm convinced those drivers are ex-taxi drivers from south africa   ???

Art Blade

:laugh:

fragger, even if you turned Rakyat pussies by shooting at them, the pirates would still attack them and you, and respectively those Rakyat would attack the pirates and you. What I've observed so far is the nearest enemy gets attacked first (could be an animal in the mix, too). So I think durian found a glitch  :)

Or it was his aftershave.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

durian

Art,  :-D

fragger, I don't think I accidentally shot Rakyats. The Molotov guys were persuing me, I was just running away then those Rakyats came out of nowhere and shot at me. After a few minutes, the pirates noticed those Rakyats were behind them and they started shooting another. Result: all of them were dead except 1 Molotov guy and needless to say I pumped loads of leads into the winner's skull  ;D

nexor, not only does their driving suck, their shooting skill's also lousy. At least on one occasion, while some dingos were attacking me, they came to my rescue  by shooting at me  ;D Bastards
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

:laugh: "lousy" is a great adjective for that matter, I agree they are! And I got shot at on occasion when my "friends" were attacking whatever there was but man.. they even killed one another by accident.  I will never forget that one incident when they were being attacked by those pesky birds and they started to shoot from all directions.. which caused some casualties.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Interesting.  I do know that I've had Rakyat completely out of the blue flip and come after me for no apparent reason because of some game glitch.  Sometimes for something as stupid as a car full of the civilian native islanders driving past a group of Rakyat runs over one of them and the surviving Rakyat open fire and start chasing after them as well as including me in their widely cast net.  The real game weirdness in that example being that when the natives realize they are in trouble and being hunted they have a habit of stopping their auto so they can bail out to run away on foot instead of simply gunning the engine and aiming at the horizon.

I know I've had times where I've been out on the ocean in one of the gun mounted rafts and have identified (at distance) the occupants on an approaching raft as wearing the Rakyat blue but when they gotten closer watched as their outfits resolve to the pirate red but it sounds like the Rakyat that came after durian were much closer so it probably wasn't a similar distance based misidentification.  :-\\
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

All :laugh: I love reading you guys' comments, great entertainment :-()

Yep, Rakyat shooting is indeed lousy. I've watched them try to put rounds into those targets on poles that they seem to like shooting at and I've never yet seen one of them hit any. Sometimes I'll hear one of them say something like, "Pretend you're having sex with your wife and try to get it into the hole". If their sexual prowess matches their shooting ability, then Hoyt won't have to worry about going to the trouble of exterminating them.

mandru, I know what you mean about those colour-shifting boat drivers. They can look blue from a distance but then morph into reds when they get close. There's been times when I've gotten complacent by thinking I have blue-shirted allies covering my back only to have red-shirted devils pump bullets into it instead.

Funny how the Rakyat will go after anyone with the temerity to run over one of their own, be it you, pirates or civvies, yet they don't react when the runner-overer is another Rakyat. It seems it's OK with them if it's one of the bros who does a tyre job on a mate ::) Maybe it's a point of honour with them ("Hey brother, see these tread marks on my chest? It was Tamati himself who put them there, so show me some respect!")

Art Blade

nexor

I like the "tyre job"    :laugh:

durian

Quote from: Art Blade on October 04, 2013, 01:07:34 PM
I will never forget that one incident when they were being attacked by those pesky birds and they started to shoot from all directions.. which caused some casualties.  :-D
I've never seen them being attacked by birds. At one occasion I saw some of them pointing their guns upwards and kept shooting in the air. I thought they were shooting some birds but I didn't see any. I absolutely had no idea what the hell they're shooting at.
Quote from: fragger on October 05, 2013, 05:51:00 AM
Sometimes I'll hear one of them say something like, "Pretend you're having sex with your wife and try to get it into the hole". If their sexual prowess matches their shooting ability, then Hoyt won't have to worry about going to the trouble of exterminating them.

:laugh: :-X

Art Blade

I meant cassowaries, not regular birds :)

durian

fragger

I'd just liberated the Orphan Point outpost. The Rakyat showed up and drove ashore in their rubber boat, then they all went "Yeaaaarggh" and fell out and died. Great bit of support there, fellas. Oh well, they saved me some ammo, I guess... >:D

[smg id=6342 align=center width=600]

Art Blade

:laugh:

very nice screenie, mate :)

fragger

durian

PZ

Quote from: fragger on October 08, 2013, 01:43:51 PM
I'd just liberated the Orphan Point outpost. The Rakyat showed up and drove ashore in their rubber boat, then they all went "Yeaaaarggh" and fell out and died.

Maybe they caught the Andromeda strain  ????

Art Blade

Maybe they picked up traces of Fukushima's Dai-Ichi meltdown.

mandru

... or maybe the goat finally kicked in.  ::)
- mandru

fragger

:laugh: + :laugh: + :laugh:

lol Andromeda strain

durian

They must have been exposed to Fukushima's radiation  ;D

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

TheStranger

Was just killing pirates at the lumbercamp on the northern island. After the fighting I went to the river to look for chests I may have forgotten when suddenly:

SPLASH! A vulture was falling from the skies into the water right in front of me. There was no fighting or anything so I guess he died of old age.  :laugh:

Art Blade

nice :laugh: yeah, some weird stuff going on sometimes  :-D

PZ

:laugh: :-X

I love things like that - reminds me of one of the better aspects of FC2!

mandru

Quote from: TheStranger on November 06, 2013, 08:59:53 AM
Was just killing pirates at the lumbercamp...SPLASH! A vulture was falling from the skies into the water right in front of me. There was no fighting or anything so I guess he died of old age.  :laugh:

Was there a dead pirate or crock in the water where the vulture landed?  The landing physics for the birds in FC3 are what could be called a little less than polished.  I know that they will sometimes come to a dead stop maybe 15 or 20 feet in the air and drop straight down on something they want to pick at.

It's possible he detected a potential meal and drowned himself getting to it.  :laugh:

Your mention of vultures reminded me of an odd occurrence I experienced this last week.  I was zooming along in one of the jeeps and as I broached the top of a short rise to where the road leveled out again something (a dark body) slammed right into my windshield shattering it.  I was so startled me that after a moments stunned hesitation I made a hard breaking turn around to go back to find out what I'd hit.

As I was approaching the place in question I got my answer when a second vulture smacked straight into the window.  :o

I guess the sky was just a bit lower in that area.  ;)
- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳