End Game Spoilers

Started by mandru, February 11, 2015, 09:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OWGKID

My Steam ID is GKID7891 if you want to add me ;)
LEGACY

fragger

Nice w@&k on that location T.V. +1 :)

I thought your username sounded familiar, I've seen you hanging around the site from time to time :-D

T.V.

Quote from: GKID7891 on March 06, 2015, 11:37:27 AM
My Steam ID is GKID7891 if you want to add me ;)
I'm only using Steam as a game launcher, so I haven't created a profile there...

Quote from: fragger on March 06, 2015, 04:31:39 PM
Nice w@&k on that location T.V. +1 :)
Thanks, but the w@&k was made by "blkdragonfly", I just found his (or hers) posting at the UBI forum...   :-[

OWGKID

LEGACY

Art Blade

T.V. you sound like me before I forced myself to sign up here, I too had that type of "forum paranoia" but I realised that the people here are different. Funny feeling now, isn't it, that you have freed yourself of the burdens of a shadow lurker and now being able to exchange your thoughts with us here  :) Just for your amusement and to see that we share that type of experience, just take a look at this site's introduction board and read my first couple of posts..  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

So true, AB  :-X

In fact, that is why OWG exists - this is not only a gaming forum, it is one that encompasses all interests. We not only allow, but encourage free expression of all thoughts so long as one is cognizant and acceptant of other's opinions.

We all have differing thoughts on occasion, and the lack of attack on ither's ideals  is what distinguishes us from all other forums I have visited on the 'net - without exception.

fragger

Quote from: T.V. on March 07, 2015, 12:05:50 AM
Thanks, but the w@&k was made by "blkdragonfly", I just found his (or hers) posting at the UBI forum...   :-[

You still deserve the kudo for finding it and posting about it :)

I'm totally with you, PZ. The only other forums I've come across that come anywhere close to this one in terms of cordiality and respect are within the 3D art community, but even then there is still the odd arrogant lurker. Plus there is nothing like the diversity of topics, nor the sense of fun, that there is here.

This site is tops :-X

T.V.

Quote from: Art Blade on March 07, 2015, 04:06:47 AM
T.V. you sound like me before I forced myself to sign up here, I too had that type of "forum paranoia" but I realised that the people here are different. Funny feeling now, isn't it, that you have freed yourself of the burdens of a shadow lurker and now being able to exchange your thoughts with us here  :) Just for your amusement and to see that we share that type of experience, just take a look at this site's introduction board and read my first couple of posts..  :-D
Quote from: PZ on March 07, 2015, 09:28:23 AM
So true, AB  :-X

In fact, that is why OWG exists - this is not only a gaming forum, it is one that encompasses all interests. We not only allow, but encourage free expression of all thoughts so long as one is cognizant and acceptant of other's opinions.

We all have differing thoughts on occasion, and the lack of attack on ither's ideals  is what distinguishes us from all other forums I have visited on the 'net - without exception.
Quote from: fragger on March 07, 2015, 09:23:24 PM
I'm totally with you, PZ. The only other forums I've come across that come anywhere close to this one in terms of cordiality and respect are within the 3D art community, but even then there is still the odd arrogant lurker. Plus there is nothing like the diversity of topics, nor the sense of fun, that there is here.

This site is tops :-X
:-X This reflects why I've been hanging around, and not just used this site as an casual "wiki" for games as I do in other forums. This site is so much more! I think my shadow lurker days have come to an end, yes. :-D

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Very nice to see you posting T.V.  :-X

It is always a pleasure when we can welcome a new member into our group

Art Blade

particularly when they keep posting.  >:D :-() ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

T.V.

Art Blade

so you noticed that hint. :-D

mandru

OK, I just finished my second play through and successfully received my 100% completion.  :)

This time around I played pure Amita missions and spared Sabal when Amita rubber stamped his execution notice.

End Game Tally

I'd killed Min (same as the last game) instead of sitting down for the meal of Crab Rangoon and after a bit of searching found Amita in Tirtha rounding up all the children and telling the parents to shut up, return to their homes or be shot.  She then turned to me and made a very thinly veiled threat that I had better get in line too.  So I plugged her.

One surprise of that action was that after I'd killed Sabal in the last game (after killing Min) all of the conversations I encountered all continued to speak of Sabal as still being alive and leading things but that was not the trend of the chatter I'm occasionally running across after taking Amita out.  No one is speaking of Amita as still alive.

The conversation threads have been varied.  There's been times I've been more or less accused of plunging the country into chaos but I've also gotten a promising line of thought out of some of the people and that is of the idea that Kyrat will have to stop depending on the leaders of the Golden Path, think things through for themselves and make their own correct decisions.

It still looks like poor Bhadra ends up drowned or otherwise killed by Amita so that she can't be used as a puppet by Sabal to sway the population back to his side and lead a counter revolution against Amita's flavor of the Golden Path.

Having spared Sabal I tracked him down at a campsite on the S.W. shoreline of Lake Visalakhutta which is the closest lake N.W. of Utkarsh.  Utkarsh is the town where you have the mission to pursue to and kill Pagan Min's body double.

Sabal was meditating and non-responsive to my attempts to communicate with him so I shot him, chucked his body out into the lake as far as I could heave him and then tossed a chunk of bait in after him.  With the godmode cheat enabled it allowed me to submerge myself and enjoy the demonfish that swam up and chomped several bloody bites out of him.  >:D

Time to figure out the next variable I'm going to change to attempt to reach a different ending.  I still need to try pure missions only killing the opposing leader and then there's always the intriguing thought of letting Pagan Min live to see if he settles the surviving faction leaders hash.

I'm just not ready to start another Amita pure game because her mission to keep Min's troops from burning the poppy fields at the Tea Terraces even on the easy difficulty setting was a freaking serious pain in the butt.  :D
- mandru

fragger

Excellent investigation, mandru :) I like how they've taken the various outcomes into account as to how the the subsequent conversations and situations are dictated - except once I got a phone call from Min after I'd killed him ???? I think some of Min's calls are tied to how many outposts and forts you've liberated and things of that nature, so if you bump him off while leaving a lot of the side game undone his calls can get out of kilter - or at least one of them can.

I too hated Amita's variant of the poppy fields mission. Some missions are tougher working for Amita, some are tougher for Sabal. Generally speaking, I think Amita's are more difficult.

PZ

I'm keeping to the Sabal line, and find the missions quite enjoyable.

mandru

Good catch on Min's posthumous phone calls fragger.  Just how many body doubles does he have stacked up in a closet somewhere?  ????

I'm beginning to think  the final chance to choose between a Sabal or Amita Golden Path mission could possibly be the deciding factor as to who ends up being the winning leader.  That's the mission that starts with Bhadra filling you in on what is going to happen before you actually speak to either Sabal(save) or Amita(destroy) the temple in the middle of the big lake.   actually is the only qualifier of who will take the lead as leader of the Golden path.

Bhadra says point blank something like "Whoever you chose to support will be the leader of the Golden Path."

What I get from that is even if you choose to run pure Sabal missions then at that final branching point flip over to Amita's side by destroying the temple the end result would be the same as if you'd run pure Amita missions.

Either I'll have to dig into it and see if there's other outcomes available through the branching mission choices or if one of you guys have game results that confirm or deny that theory it would help.

It would also save me from ever having to play through Amita's save the poppy fields mission again.  :D

- mandru

PZ

I think I just completed that mission and had decided to go the Sabal route.

fragger

I'll probably be starting another playthrough soon mandru, I'll check that out.

mandru

I hit it again and this time it sank in.

I've usually been so engaged with fighting off wolves or some other engaging mechanic of the game that I don't have the exact words of Pagan's message but in one of the occasional check up calls that Pagan Min makes to Ajay the dialog goes something like this:

Spoiler

"Ah Ajay.  (My favorite nephew < it's something closer to step-son actually <and that comment may be from another call from Min but he says it somewhere>>)

I'm thinking when you get done tearing sh!t up if you're going to take over here we have to do something about your wardrobe.  So I've brought in a fashion designer to give you a complete redo.  I mean Jeans and sneakers?  Really?...

...And don't get me started on that jacket.  Why the hell do you need so many zippered pockets?  What?  Are you keeping meat in them?

Oh, wait maybe you do.

Okay note to designers: Include lots of meat pockets."

I've long been convinced that Pagan Min is amused and somewhat pleased that Ajay has proven to be a man of action.  What was it in FC2 the Jackal said "Will to Power?"  But the key comment from Pagan (solidifying my personal opinion) that I didn't catch until now was "...if you're going to take over here."

Pagan Min is allowing Ajay to be groomed by fire  to be the next leader of Kyrat.  For me this becomes clear when you consider that every post game encounter I've run into has all of us so dissatisfied by Sabal and Amita we snuffed them.  They both were designed to be so toxic that it's instinctive for us to take them out.

My thought, who's left to fill the sudden power vacuum?  There's no one else in all of the country with a name and reputation as widely held among the population in high regard as that of Ajay the son of Mohan Ghale.  With the recovery and restoration of the Thangka some might consider Ajay to be the virtual reincarnation of Kalinag the revered (and honored through shrines) warrior spirit of Kyrat.  He  who walks with the companion spirit-tiger Protector of Shangri-La.

Consider the thangka in the Ghale homestead.  In the first encounter with Yogi and Reggie, Ajay asks about the empty picture frame.  They relate to him that it was indeed a thangka that (for some) mystically allowed access to Shangri-La and that it had been passed down through many generations of the Ghale family only to be split into five so they could be hidden after the death of Mohan

It was torn in five pieces and scattered into the highly holy and deepest secret of places after the murder of Mohan (by the highest priests followers of Kyra) to keep it safe until the time of its significance would come once again.

Talk about being dealt a "Pat Hand" and Yes!  Ajay's mom knew exactly what she plunging him into.  She was the reincarnation of Kyra after all.  ^-^

- mandru

PZ

Great analysis, mandru; I really enjoy your imaginative interpretations of the data presented in the games - almost like one would do with a well written book  :-X

mandru

I try to make sense out of the scattered clues the developers thought were important to put in the game.  ^-^
- mandru

Art Blade

nice, mandru :) I'll give you a slap on the back for that  :)

+1  :-X

mandru

- mandru

Art Blade

I've indeed thought on occasion that your summaries and interpretations shed some light on what I had only zipped by without paying much attention. Usually my mindset regarding the far cry series only comprises of killing everything that moves -- animals, friends and foes alike.  :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳