End Game Spoilers

Started by mandru, February 11, 2015, 09:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

One thing that I have to admit distinguishes FC4 from FC3 is the conversation and speculation that has occurred due to the former.  :-X

Reminds me of the Black Mamba conversations and others we had with FC2

Dweller_Benthos

I haven't gotten to all the locations in the north yet, but I do recall a couple that wren't where they were supposed to be. One being like the fragger mentions, it's not on the ground, but in the air a few meters. A good way to figure out exactly where they are is to mark them as a waypoint on the map while you are still a short distance away, then in game look at where the waypoint is, it will be at the correct height, so the ones that are underground or in the air are indicated that way. This technique works for any other object you set a waypoint to, like loot chests or posters, as some of those are in deep caves or underwater and heading in the right direction to begin with makes them easier to find.

Where exactly is the one in the river by the wrecked truck?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

It's in Northern Kyrat. Imagine an inverted triangle with Shikharpur Outpost at the right corner and the Royal Guard Kennels Outpost at the left, with the location forming a roughly equilateral point to the south of these, in the middle of the river. You should see a question mark there. The wrecked truck is on the bottom of the river bed, and is a fair way down. Might be worth crafting a breath syringe to have a good look around down there. Watch out for those @#$%& Demon Fish...

For what it's worth, these are the (very) approximate coords: X - 640 / Y - 677.

mandru

Thanks for the +1 Nex.  :)

Yeah, the truck on the bottom of the river and the spring that becomes a stream running down under a small bridge the road crosses are the two that haven't unlocked.

I'm playing offline currently locked into cheat mode (until I manually go back and edit the game profile setting to its original condition) so god mode allows me to stay under water for an unlimited amount of time and even that has returned no favorable results on unlocking it.

I'll need to try that trick of setting the marker as the destination and looking for it's actual position and picking it up with the buzzer.  That is once I w@&k my way back into the Northern region again.  :laugh:

After a many hours in the game something I've come to wish that the developers had done is an expansion of something they have already shown would be possible.  When you've killed and animal it shows up on the mini-map as small "x".  It would have been simple for them to have included an upward caret "^" to mark the location of one of Min's dead troopers for when you're going back over an area after a conflict to loot the bodies.

Also following the same thought when ammo's running low (and you need to refill from dropped weapons) the trooper's annoying bad habit of sometimes giving their weapons a hearty fling when they die could be balanced if weapons on the ground were shown on the mini-map with an "!".   :D

Ah, another observation in passing.  ::)

If you listen to the chat among the troops at an outpost as you are preparing to take it the main topics of discussion at each location are later reflected by the comments (while somewhat different) that are made by the Golden Path soldiers who become encamped there.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

I just tried for that one in the river, it seems to be buried a couple meters under the river bed, so either it becomes available once you complete a certain game objective or it's a glitch and they put the marker too deep for you to activate it.

Probably a glitch.
D_B

fragger

I used a deep-breathing syringe and swam all around the bottom to see if there was a cave or a hole in the river bed that might let me get to the location, but I couldn't find any.

I also drowned while I still had about 20% of my syringe left ????

Art Blade

don't try to inhale water  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: fragger on March 05, 2015, 03:39:16 AM
I used a deep-breathing syringe and swam all around the bottom to see if there was a cave or a hole in the river bed that might let me get to the location, but I couldn't find any.

I also drowned while I still had about 20% of my syringe left ????

Same thing happened to me, I had quite a bit of the syringe bar left and just .... died. Weird. Glitch, I say, the place is haunted.
D_B

mandru

An unreachable marker under the bottom of a riverbed?  :D

Might only be an issue on PC.  It seems that some people have unlocked that location but as whether or not they are on consoles.

Sounds like an issue awaiting yet another game patch.  ::)
- mandru

PZ

A hobo doesn't have as many patches as the games of today

mandru

- mandru

T.V.

The location is glitched, so You have to use another glitch to reach it...  >:D

This guy found it. Read the tread and watch his video:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/960410-Undiscovered-Locations-Remain-Undiscovered-Despite-Visiting-The-Area?p=10542013&viewfull=1#post10542013

And it works! I've done it myself (had to fast travel out of the water in the end, to avoid drowning).  :-X

mandru

Welcome T.V. and  I think this is the first time I've given Kudos to a first time poster. +1  ^-^

Cool, nice find T.V. I've got it bookmarked so I can find it again when I get back to that part of the game.  :-X

So the river location is Drunk Kanak's Truck.  :)
- mandru

T.V.

OWGKID

Quote from: T.V. on March 05, 2015, 09:37:20 AM
The location is glitched, so You have to use another glitch to reach it...  >:D

This guy found it. Read the tread and watch his video:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/960410-Undiscovered-Locations-Remain-Undiscovered-Despite-Visiting-The-Area?p=10542013&viewfull=1#post10542013

And it works! I've done it myself (had to fast travel out of the water in the end, to avoid drowning).  :-X

Another fellow Norwegian? 1+  :-D :-X :-() :-()
LEGACY

PZ

Nice one T.V. +1 from me as well

:-X

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks, T.V., that will come in handy to get that last pesky location.
D_B

Art Blade

hey T.V. :) Thanks for posting, I actually had to try it right away.  :) +1 :-X from me, too :-D

[smg id=7743 type=preview align=center caption="below map location"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

T.V.

Thanks for the kudos's!  :)

I read about You getting eaten and drowning, just like me before I found that post over at the UBI forum, so I thought it would be helpful with that tip. :angel:

(And Yes, a fellow Norwegian from Oslo. :-) Have actually been a "hangaround" here at OWG since 2009, but lost my login due to too little posting...  ...and therefore "Newbie - reregistered" in2013)

OWGKID

Ah ok  :) Do you play FC4 on PC?
LEGACY

T.V.

Quote from: GKID7891 on March 06, 2015, 09:42:34 AM
Ah ok  :) Do you play FC4 on PC?
Yes, I have a nice gaming / simulation rig, so I don't feel I need any other platform. ;)

Art Blade

we did a massive clean-up, T.V., back in the day, and deleted inactive member accounts. Not for "not posting" but for not showing at all for a long time. If you did show up as frequently as during the last two years, then it was a mistake. Good to have you back and now even posting :)

T.V.

Quote from: Art Blade on March 06, 2015, 10:13:22 AM
Not for "not posting" but for not showing at all for a long time.
That's sounds right. :) I think I had a bit of "forum paranoia", and just visited without logging in, back in those days...  8-X

OWGKID

Quote from: T.V. on March 06, 2015, 10:06:56 AM
Yes, I have a nice gaming / simulation rig, so I don't feel I need any other platform. ;)

Nice :-() Do you have Steam?
LEGACY

T.V.

Quote from: GKID7891 on March 06, 2015, 10:43:57 AM
Nice :-() Do you have Steam?
Yes, even if I'd preferred buying games on media. The hassle with DRM and always have to find and insert the media, made me go over to Steam and GOG.

Tags:
🡱 🡳