End Game Spoilers

Started by mandru, February 11, 2015, 09:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks for the info guys, though like I said, I couldn't access the golden pipe after that, so I think I broke it lol
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

That's weird D_B.  The pipe has never caused a glitch for me.

I'd posted regarding the pipe over here:  http://www.openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?topic=3654.msg74145;topicseen#msg74145

I'm still working on the non-dead Min ending. I'm starting to lose count on the number of times through the game but hopefully I'll get it this time around.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I reloaded the game last night to finish up and the golden pipe worked this time.

Went to see Amita, too bad there isn't some final cutscene to finish off the character arc for her. She seems to be in hiding up there in the mountains with a few loyal guards, but just hanging around and cowering in the corner whenever an animal comes by to attack, which seemed quite a lot. I left her alive.

Now that I mention it, it seems after the main game is over there are a lot of animal attacks, do they ramp those up because there are fewer bad guys to kill? Not that there are no bad guys, they are still around a bit, but it seems that every 10 seconds someone was getting attacked by some animal.

Went to see Sabal kill off the last of his enemies in the Golden Path and then killed him and his cronies, just to see what happened, which was nothing lol.

Finally killed an elephant to skin it. I avoided killing any elephants during the game for some reason, maybe I just like elephants? Anyway, never got an elephant skin, just flesh and damaged skin, depending on how I killed it. Even just using arrows which should get a clean kill and double skin, just got me flesh.

Cleaned up the last bomb defusing mission which I missed somehow, and the last loot chest that I could get, the other is in vault 3 and I can't get in there, must have missed it when that mission came around or never got a mission to go in there. That's the vault that you can use the no clip trick with the tuk-tuk to get that one pesky underground location point, but I couldn't use the trick to get inside the vault, so just one loot chest missing from that perfect score.

I'm not too interested in endless arena fighting to get to level 10 to get that last special weapon, so that's out, I'll have to be satisfied with 99.8% complete lol.

I might start a new game just to see a few things differently, but most likely won't finish it. FC4 is over, on to the next thing, which is probably GTA5.
D_B

OWGKID

I haven't fired up FC4 for months. GTA V is so fun  :-() :-D
LEGACY

Art Blade

D_B, FC4 seems to be rather boring once you've done the missions and collected whatever items you wanted. Animal attacks are from my experience just the same, I had far too many during the game and far too many after the game which is the main reason I resorted to using cheats.

GTAV, however.. I haven't yet cheated and don't feel the need for it which is a good sign, meaning it is well balanced and that you can achieve what you have in mind without having to suffer through silly scripted stuff. Random events and funny AI and some cop chases once in a while.. you can shoot birds out of the sky and run over dogs and cats and all sorts of animals. It is a very lively and diverse world. You'll very likely enjoy that game. I dare say, a lot  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Killing elephants early on in the game (before maxing at level 8 ) deducts Karma Points.  I had set an elephant to attack an outpost and a truck that through my own efforts damaged badly was burning.  When it blew it killed the elephant and I got dinged for something like -50 karma.

Animal attacks?  :D

I've given up on trying to assist with vehicle repairs for karma points because I've almost never been able to fix a ride for someone and get to them fast enough to get the reward before something comes along and tries to eat their face.

The mission where you chase Min in a buzzer and try to kill him

Once you've killed the fake Min and you are standing over his body there is only a prompt to Move him.  A Search prompt does not appear.

If you force a search instead of the move action the fake Min's wig comes off.  If you move him you won't get a chance to see him without the wig.

As for the game being boring after completing it a couple times I've been well entertained by seeking out different approaches to the various missions.  But then even FC2 wasn't suited to everyone's tastes.  ;)
- mandru

Art Blade

LOL nice hairy find  :-X :-D

And you're right there, if you play through more than once it will certainly be entertaining when trying different approaches.  :) If only I could skip those hipster and Shangri-La missions..
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: mandru on April 30, 2015, 11:34:18 PM
As for the game being boring after completing it a couple times I've been well entertained by seeking out different approaches to the various missions.  But then even FC2 wasn't suited to everyone's tastes.  ;)

Quite right - video games for me are just like any other form of entertainment, for instance, the movies and music I like are most often not the same as someone else.  On the other hand, sometimes a real blockbuster like FC2 debuts which develops a cult following.

Dweller_Benthos

Started a couple new games last night, the first one to try out just staying at the dinner table to see if Min comes back, which he did, we went off to place the ashes and then "Let's shoot some &$^#*#(* guns" lol quickest game ever.

Second I put in the standard cheats for god mode, no AI, etc and just did the beginning part up to where you get to the tower then the avalanche hits. Mostly I wanted to know where it was as I had never been back there during the main game. Turns out I guess you can't get back there? The map shows you in the north, just south and east of Min's fortress, and I know that valley isn't there, so I think the map is wrong as you play the prologue part. Not sure where that valley, and De Pleur's torture room house is, but it's not on the standard terrain map. Maybe a poke around in the map editor would give a clue, but it doesn't look like you can get back there.

I may poke around a bit more with the cheats on, but not much. I'm off to crank up Steam right now and get GTA 5 downloading, so that it can eat up my entire weekend lol.
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on May 01, 2015, 09:21:42 AM
... I'm off to crank up Steam right now and get GTA 5 downloading, so that it can eat up my entire weekend lol.

:laugh: :-X

Art Blade

mandru

I'm beginning to think I have a copy of the game where the Let Pagan Live ending has been locked out.  I tried removing the No Detect cheat and still no dice.  The pistol came up there was no "You've got a moment to decide".

It was straight away pistol drawn and Bang!  The last and only remaining variable I can think of is that I have to play that final confrontation with Pagan while connected Online.

Also this time through the game The SA-50 was unlocked when I defeated Yuma.

I"d incorrectly speculated in an earlier post that the SA-50 could possibly be obtained off one of the soldiers posted at the Northern most bell tower once you get past King's Bridge.  That proved to be wrong.  I went straight to that bell tower and used a take down on each and every guard present to examine the weapons they dropped.  I also went on to (approaching from the ground) climbing each and every bell tower after that to examine the drops of all the rest of the bell tower guards.

Bottom line was that none of the soldiers at the bell towers were packing the SA-50.
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Strange you're having such trouble letting Pagan live. I had no issues like that, I followed Sabal's missions through the game, and was allowed to let Amita live, which I did, then I let Pagan live until I shot down the chopper after placing the ashes and stuff.

There must be some other variable in play, like completing other side missions or something?
D_B

Art Blade

I had the same issue -- no choice, game killed him for me.

nexor

I also got to the point with Ajay pointing the gun at Pagan, I decided to wait and see what happens, after a short while the gun went off by it self killing Pagan  :D

I found the Z93 to be more powerful than the SA-50  ???

Art Blade

I think there was another moment in the game before killing Pagan when I was supposed to choose whether to kill or not to but the gun went off without me being able to prevent it, no choice prompt, nothing.

mandru

With all cheats disabled I'll wrap up my next run online to see if that won't fix this issue.

The Z93 is rated to be more powerful but I like the slick semi-auto action, reduced recoil and faster fire rate of the SA-50.

A few moments ago I was messing around in a player uploaded game (I think it was called "Easy Going") that I'd downloaded and reopened in the map editor setting all the enemies to be highlighted.  One of the pickup weapons scattered through out the round was the SA-50.  I was taking out highlighted targets through a concrete wall.

I'll need to pick up one of the more powerful Z93s that are also available earlier in that downloaded game as well to run a side by side comparison and see if it has the same penetrating force as the SA-50.  For sheer power the Signature version if the Z93 uses explosive rounds.

Which all in all does give it its own personal charm.  ^-^
- mandru

nexor

Interesting find there mandru, will keep a lookout for the results on the Z93 vs SA-50 test

PZ

Same here - I tend to favor the SA-50 for it's suppressed characteristic, and I don't have problem with most of the targets except a heavily armored heavy

mandru

I've yet to find a suppressed Z93 in the player generated files to compare against the silenced SA-50 but both rifles (SA-50 w/silencer and without) seem to be on a par at penetration with the Z93.
- mandru

nexor

It's easier taking down a heavy with the Z93 than the SA-50, that's why I like it more   >:D

Art Blade

headshots are what count against heavies. If you literally shoot them into their face which is not protected, you can even use a regular firearm. If you shoot the back of the head, the helmet will fly off first. :-D

fragger

Quote from: mandru on March 27, 2015, 11:18:21 PM
I need to find out what it was that fragger did in the one game he related to us where Ajay got to place his mom's urn and watch Min depart on the copter.

Having been incommunicado for a few weeks I wasn't able to report further on this.

This time around I did all of Sabal's missions, and when it came time to off Amita I let her walk. When I got to the final Pagan scene, the game let me hold off on shooting him and I got the ash-scattering scene.

mandru, I think you did try this sequence of play, so why it won't let you spare Pagan I don't know... I did nothing else out of the ordinary.

One thing I'm finding in my current game is that no "Pagan's Wrath" missions are appearing, despite the fact that I have taken no fortresses yet and am halfway through the game. I've taken all the southern outposts, done all side missions (including the first two Shangri-La ones) and am at the point just after Noore has taken her fall. I've played the game this way before so I don't know why there are no Wrath missions forthcoming this time ???? I haven't done Willis yet though, dunno if that's a factor. Can't imagine why it would be.

nexor

The same as you fragger, only I was doing Amita's missions. I did all the tower missions, all Shangri-La, Willis, Yogi & Reggie and Longinus missions before the first Pagan's Wrath mission appeared

mandru

Thanks for the info fragger.

I've not gotten straight back into the game recently as I've been downloading player maps and then playing them in the map maker utility.  Playing the maps there allows me to set my preferred conditions on each map up to and including better lighting, weapon selection, highlight enemies, invincibility and even invisibility (select Esc key and enable from In Game Options) if I so wish.  I think I prefer the extraction maps.  Some of the larger assault maps require you kill every one and that can take some time if the map maker has gotten crafty and stashed soldiers in hard to find and access locations.

There are times the utility gets stubborn on loading or changing screens so after waiting a reasonable time to switch from play mode back to the edit screen I've found using Alt-Tab to toggle away and back again forces the edit screen to cooperate.
- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳