Fast track to the ending, 15 minutes?

Started by Dweller_Benthos, January 23, 2015, 11:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Saw some comments on a video that you can finish the game in 15 minutes. Apparently, if you just sit there after the beginning speech from Pagan, and not go downstairs (accounts are a bit blurry here, some say you have to stay seated at the table, others say you can walk around the room but not go downstairs, others say you can't move at all) but if you wait long enough, Pagan will come back, offer to take you in his chopper to the place to scatter your mother's ashes and that's it, game over.

Anyone know more or tried this?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Yeah, I tried it and it works - even the credits roll - I was hoping that the game would dump me into the open world with everything unlocked (like in other Ubi games), but no joy - the game simply ends

Rather pointless really, there is no record of you having done anything, so you simply end up at the start a new game screen.  I'd have had my faith almost restored in Ubi had it done what I wanted

fragger

I tried that about three weeks ago, posted about it here.

Unfortunately, it won't let you free-roam afterwards. Every time you choose "Continue" from the main menu, it just takes you back to the closing cutscene again, then you get the credits, and that's it.

Stiku

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

If the game was produced by anyone other than Ubisoft, I'd seriously question their sanity for introducing such a pointless and disappointing fast track ending.  :D

mandru

Is there a UPlay achievement linked to bringing the mother's ashes to her final rest?

I thought there might be something along those lines as the reason behind the quick ending to make it so players who didn't reach the end of the storyline would still have an option to meet that requirement.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

Ah, I see you guys have already done it. I think I skipped your posts from before because of the spoilers, I didn't want to know too much about the ending before I got into the game.

So, too bad it doesn't just let you go open world after that. Missed opportunity there.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Quote from: mandru on January 25, 2015, 12:28:11 PM
Is there a UPlay achievement linked to bringing the mother's ashes to her final rest?

I thought there might be something along those lines as the reason behind the quick ending to make it so players who didn't reach the end of the storyline would still have an option to meet that requirement.

The usual achievement popup on the PS4 did not appear, so I doubt that an achievement was accomplished.

fragger

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on January 26, 2015, 07:27:31 AM
... So, too bad it doesn't just let you go open world after that. Missed opportunity there.

Indeed ::)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳