End Game Spoilers

Started by mandru, February 11, 2015, 09:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I'm only about half way through the game, and have focused on only enough main mission types to advance my character enough to reveal the northern map.  My limited experiences are:

• I love the feel of the environment - quite diverse and lots to see
  • The weapons are really good, and I love the gyro, which takes me almost everywhere I want to go.  The only limitation is the flight ceiling in many instances
  • The side missions are quite fun as are the outposts and forts.
  • I've not done too many main missions, but so far, they have not been too bad

All in all, if I were to quit the game today, I would feel that I have my moneys worth.  I don't know if I will replay again, maybe if I get the PC version and can apply mods.

mandru

I can't spot a better place to drop this non-storyline spoiler but still wanted at least the minimal cover of a semi-concealed post.

Spoiler

I've been resistant to joining team play but the draw of being able to have a buddy pass an item of key weaponry over to another player long before its typical Unlock is becoming more and more attractive.  :-\\

Having finished the game I'm simply not willing yet to let go of my AS-50 silenced sniper as it kicks the snot out of the supposedly top of the line signature Predator.  As bad as I am with the recurve bow (equipped with the not the marksman sight  :-D ) it has almost permanently settled in the 4th weapon slot because at close range I can successfully and silently drop targets that even I find hard to foul up if I take my time.

There's a few other nuanced upgraded unlocked weapons that I've come to prefer over the baseline weapons even though none of the assault rifles really perform as well as I would like.  Compared to the hyper effective Buzzsaw (which now lives in my slot #1) the assault rifles all seem like pointlessly spraying bullets around.  It was frustrating watching one of the first and most easily attainable assault rifles continue to outshine every other unlockable as they became available.

The side arm slot for me houses the basic grenade launcher in all driving situations.  So my early default load out actually changes very little from very early in the game.

Perhaps a thread or list of those of us willing to post our UPlay user names is in order to request or lend a hand in the "Let me borrow a cup of XYZ" program .  Maybe it already exists.  :-\\

I'm thinking that while I'm not that keen on team play I wouldn't mind joining someone else's game session through a request made on the list of users to hand off something they would like.  Otherwise I usually play off line and I don't want to broadcast my user name to the world revealing how pathetic my play style is.  :laugh:

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

JRD

Ok, I see.... It was on sale at steam (33% off) and yet it didn't got me considering the possibility of perhaps think about the likelyhood of maybe getting it... just maybe!  ;D

I see I wasn't wrong.  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Mandru, search for ArtBlade on u-play. Best let me know your u-play name first (I refuse requests of people I don't know) via private message so no one will ever know  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Thanks Art.  I too run under the premise contact me first as I don't accept blind solicitations.  :)

I've never posted my UPlay user name but on occasion I'll still get and decline an occasional invite to join a session.

If I decide to go that route I'll need to get a headset with microphone first, then I'll send out a PM giving you a heads up.  I was kind of tossing that idea out to see if there was an interest for that sort of need for a new game kick starter assist with in the OWG community.

(In other news)

I found Amita...

Spoiler

...and where she has flown in her exile after I disobeyed Sabal's order to kill her.

She is now hiding at the Sherpa's Yak Enclosure that is in the high mountains overlooking Banapur.  There was no conversation or cut scene.

As I arrived I chased a pack of dholes into the area where where upon they attacked a person so I quickly cut them all down with the buzzsaw.  It was only then that I realized that the person I'd saved was Amita.  Collecting herself after the attack she positioned herself on a low rock ledge overlooking the area and posed there.

Her empty hand held up chin high as if she were holding a side arm and on alert.

There were a couple faithful Golden Path followers from her Kyrati sect there on the grounds and all of the irritable and quasi-lethal yaks and any other dangerous animals besides that initial pack of dholes had been cleared out.

Now I need to dig around some more and see if Bhadra has been memorialized somewhere in post-game play.  :)
- mandru

fragger

Nice find, mandru :-X

Spoiler

So maybe if you spare Sabal and/or Amita they just keep popping up here and there?

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: mandru on February 25, 2015, 03:31:52 PM
...  I was kind of tossing that idea out to see if there was an interest for that sort of need for a new game kick starter assist with in the OWG community.

I'd definitely be on board with that if I played the PC  :-X

It is immeasurably more fun going through the early parts of the game with good weapons thanks to the assistance from my console partner.  I'd be much more inclined to do another play through if I could get a good set of weapons from the start.

I'm probably just unusual, but I really don't like struggling with weapons with the strength of a slingshot, jumping through hoops to get a decent weapon.  I'd likely just not play through again.

mandru

Quote from: PZ on February 25, 2015, 10:27:27 PM

I'd definitely be on board with that if I played the PC  :-X

I wasn't aware and it hadn't occurred to me that you couldn't team play with someone else using a different platform.  Maybe it's because different game objects are rendered differently varying by system.

Who knows? (That was a rhetorical question / not expecting an answer.  :-( )

I thought that the linkup was handled through UPlay and that they would have worked out compatibility issues to allow anyone in the game to team with any other player regardless of the gaming system.  Silly me it is a UBI product after all.  ::)

- mandru

PZ

As far as I know, the different gaming platforms would not communicate with each other any better than an Apple would with a PC  8-X

mandru

Because of the mmorpg I play I know that there's players with both Apple and PC all in the game but maybe that's because system to system it's all interfaced through Java.  I just had assumed that UBI had worked out the cross platform details.

I've hit 99.93% game completion and the only thing that I can see left undone is that there is still one single weapon that I've not unlocked.

The only thing I can figure out is that somewhere through the whole body of the game there was that one weapon some of the guards dropped and I failed to pick it up.  :(

Part of the problem with picking up every weapon a trooper drops is that it cuts your available ammo in half when you swap back to your original weapon.  :'(

So under the Progress screen there's that one unchecked box for a missing weapon.  What I'm encountering (to try to figure out which weapon out of the whole damn game I need to look for) is that there is no way to figure out whether it's a side arm or regular weapon because the check off boxes aren't specific about which weapon satisfied the conditions to check off each of the boxes.  :D

It looks like I can get a pretty thorough list of the game's weapons (other than Signatures) by copying the list available in the Arena's third category "Weapon Challenges" but the problem with that would be that even if I played every challenge for each weapon I don't believe anything done in the Arena relates back to game play or qualifications outside of the Arena.  ::)

Actually the one thing that does change with your Arena rankings is the lines of conversation you receive among the crowd outside its entrance.

Probably the most amusing comment comes from the Arena attendant (speak to her to get in) who once you've reached the maximum level of 15 among other things says:

Spoiler

"You're the king of the ring!  But I still don't want you looking at my t!ts."

- mandru

Art Blade

she keeps commenting on that, doesn't she :-D

I reckon the weapon you are missing out on is that one pistol you can buy from u-play with those u-points.

mandru

That pistol was the first weapon I picked up after getting the game loaded.  I actually went first to UPlay and plugged in the code to unlock it before I even launched the game.

It has pretty good stats which outclasses many of the earliest weapons in the game so it lived in sidearm slot until I was able to pick up the M-79 grenade launcher.

I also have Hurk's harpoon gun but from what I understand it's possible there's another weapon that's unlocked with some additional DLC that I won't be picking up.

I'm hoping they're not counting that one to earn the 100%.  :-\\
- mandru

Art Blade

I am not using any DLC but I am not lacking any weapon, either (obviously except DLC weapons). All weapons that count can be accessed through the locker in your room or that walking gun shop you keep happening upon. Just don't forget to scroll down the list of weapons there.. when I was new to the game I didn't expect there to be more weapons and was quite surprised when I realised that I could scroll down.  :)

fragger

Hmm... Dunno what that missing weapon could be, mandru. There is another weapons pack that you can pick up through Uplay credits, but it sounds as though you already have those, if all you are missing is a single weapon ????

You guys probably found this already, but I didn't notice during my first two playthroughs that after completing all of the Supply Drop missions there is one last one that pops up, in the northern region roughly near Pagan's Fortress (very roughly). After picking up the packages and delivering them, in this case to a cave which lacks the usual speakeasy-type metal door and contains a dead body clutching a note, there is a bit of a twist:

Spoiler

A message is heard telling you that the person you were delivering the packages to (his name is GoPo or something, couldn't quite make it out) isn't known among the Golden Path, and that you better have a poke around the location to see what you can find out. There's a bunch of messages on computer and in note form that suggest that maybe Willis or someone else is behind all the drops.

I did all of Yogi and Reggie's missions. I really don't know why the devs bothered to include those. They're ridiculous and illogical tripped-out affairs that add nothing of value to the game apart from awarding you Rupees for completing them. Hard on the eyes and rather a waste of time, really.

mandru

Spoiler

I got the impression that the guy from the supply drop missions was an agent from an Asian syndicate who because of competition was investigating the options of taking over or destroying Kyrat's drug fields.

The Yogi and Reggie missions were usually the device UBI used to introduce each of the different syringes.  Taking the trip gave the recipe but to be honest the only syringe I intentionally used through the entire game was the two green leaves to make health restore potions.

Paul De Pleur has popped back up in post game Kyrat.  He's alive and living miserably hands tied in a cage East then slightly South on the edge of a cliff at the bottom of the terraces from the fast travel point in Banapur (the town where we first meet Amita and Sabal).

It's cute that his daughter has her own special ringtone when she calls his cellphone.  >:D

- mandru

mandru

For you Yogi and Reggie fans.  ::)

After completing their missions you are given a pipe for graduating from their training course and being their most successful test subject ("By far" as one of them comments).

You will find that pipe flashing inside the Ghale homestead on the lower floor to the right of the front door as you are exiting.  It's over near the basket of bottled groceries and the hot plates.  The pipe is an interactive object.

>:D

How brave are you?  Try it without reading the next part.

Using the pipe will teleport you around the map into random locations very often near previously undiscovered locations.  At least you're not waking up naked somewhere with crude comments written all over you and you have all of your gear.

There will be bit of disorientation when you find yourself lying on the ground and once on your feet you can't get a straight aim with a weapon but that wears off in a moment.  :-D

In my game I have two location question marks that will not unlock no matter how I search back and forth over the areas.  My first usage of the pipe dropped me near one of those two spots.

- mandru

OWGKID

Quote from: mandru on February 28, 2015, 09:10:15 AM
For you Yogi and Reggie fans.  ::)

After completing their missions you are given a pipe for graduating from their training course and being their most successful test subject ("By far" as one of them comments).

You will find that pipe flashing inside the Ghale homestead on the lower floor to the right of the front door as you are exiting.  It's over near the basket of bottled groceries and the hot plates.  The pipe is an interactive object.

>:D

How brave are you?  Try it without reading the next part.

Using the pipe will teleport you around the map into random locations very often near previously undiscovered locations.  At least you're not waking up naked somewhere with crude comments written all over you and you have all of your gear.

There will be bit of disorientation when you find yourself lying on the ground and once on your feet you can't get a straight aim with a weapon but that wears off in a moment.  :-D

In my game I have two location question marks that will not unlock no matter how I search back and forth over the areas.  My first usage of the pipe dropped me near one of those two spots.

Nice find 1+  :-X :) :-D
LEGACY

PZ

Art Blade

fragger

Nice w@&k, mandru +1 :-X :)

You do have a knack for discovering these little gems :-D

mandru

Thanks guys.  :)

Being unable to find that last 6% of the game I've started another lap through the game (this time going the pure Amita missions route and sparing Sabal) to see if the two unlockable locations I mentioned earlier become available.  So I'm going to be out of the loop on personal end game discoveries for a bit.

On this run there was an interesting comment in her post mission dialog where she referred to Bhadra as Sabal's puppet.  The wording and demeanor of the comment was in stark contrast with the early game appearance of Amita being protective of Bhadra.  On his part Sabal is acting like a very unlikable nasty twonk who's not exactly winning me back to his side.

There's a reason Ajay's mother never spoke of Ajay's father Mohan.  Having read Mohan's complete journal he was a highly flawed and less than admirable historical figure.  Considering the fact that Mohan was murdered in his home I'm thinking it was Sabal who was the killer as he is the one constantly using the fathers efforts like twisting a knife to try to control Ajay.

Looking around a bit online about a post game location for Bhadra I'm starting to think that things go very badly for her (looks like she ends up drowned in one of my two unlockable locations) regardless of which leader you side with.  There's a location in the middle of a river that I can't get to unlock but with some research its called something like Harun Matarun Rest (sorry I just haven't been able to get Bhadra's title fixed in my head yet) and it is looking like that's where Bhadra meets demon fish.  ::)
- mandru

fragger

Quote from: mandru on March 02, 2015, 07:13:51 AM
There's a location in the middle of a river that I can't get to unlock but with some research its called something like Harun Matarun Rest (sorry I just haven't been able to get Bhadra's title fixed in my head yet) and it is looking like that's where Bhadra meets demon fish.  ::)

Is that the one with a wrecked truck on the bottom with a bunch of crates? I can never get that one to unlock either, despite swimming into every nook and cranny while getting chewed on by those flipping demon fish (I even had to do a button mash to get one of those buggers off my case). There's one other location at the top of a stream which flows under a small bridge in Northern Kyrat that won't unlock either, even though I repeatedly run right over the danged question mark. I've gotten to the point where I have only four locations to unlock and even though I've bought all the maps, I can't for the life of me find the other two anywhere :D

nexor

nice find mandru +1  :-()

fragger

ADDENDUM - Out of those four remaining locations that I couldn't unlock, I got three of them. One was one that I had simply overlooked. Another was in fact Pagan's Mansion, which unlocked once I got there. The third was the one with the small stream under the bridge - despite running over the question mark repeatedly on foot, hovering a Buzzer over it finally unlocked it.

The last one remains stubbornly unlocked - the one in the river with the wrecked truck on the bottom. No matter what I do, no matter how many breath-enhancing needles I stick in my arm, no matter how many demonfish I button-mash out of action, I can't get that last location to unlock. I tried hovering a Buzzer over that sucker too, but no dice. The infernal question-mark remains.

End Game Details

I had earlier speculated that if you spare whichever faction leader you are sent to bump off, it would prevent you from sitting down to dinner with Pagan. Well, that theory is out the window. After sticking with Sabal's missions all the way through this time, when he sent me to top Amita, I let her go. I was still able to sit down and eat with Pagan, and after doing the ashes thing, I blew him out of his chopper with an explosive arrow.

Tags:
🡱 🡳