Far Cry 3 announced 2012

Started by eor123, June 06, 2011, 05:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eor123

Not sure where to put this. Yes...it is new content -- so to speak.  ;D

Looks like we are going to need a new subforum. I present to you.... "Far Cry 3."

Far Cry 3 E3 Gameplay Trailer
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

mmosu

WWHHHAAAAAAAT?!!!!!!  :o
. . . YYYESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!  ;D :-X
That looks bloody fantastic!!

I don't know who the guy with the mohawk is, but I already want to put a bullet in his skull!  >:D

mmosu

mandru

8)

It would appear that a key component to survival in FC3 is staying away from ropes, cinder blocks, helicopters and badly mohawked lunatics that keep repeating themselves.  I want to get a white phosphorus incendiary round into that guy's guts already.   >:D

I liked the move where he grabbed the guy from behind and used the victim's knife to cut his throat and then throwing the knife to kill someone else nearby.   Sliding down ledges on hillsides appear to have a different mechanic too.

It also appears that it's a good thing that we will be able to swim in FC3 as well.   :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Fiach

WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

deadman1

???
Oboy Oboy Oboy Oboy Oboy Oboy Oboy OboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboy
OboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboy
OboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboy

[admin]Now, after a little time allowing it to sink in, I capped the one line of "oboys" so we get the post and the rest of the topic back in shape  ;) That one line went WAY beyond the borders of the board  :-()[/admin]

nexor

Man, looks like this is gonna be another hit....................!!!!!!!!

Art Blade

nice find, Fiach. FC3 looks good.. like the old FC1, more like  :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

??? ??? ??? :-() :-() :-() :-X :-X :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

WooHooooooo!!!!!  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

mmosu

Everything I can find says we're on an island this time, like FC1

spaceboy

bugger - no time to watch that now...but this is great news!  I skipped to the end to see "2012"  Oh Boy indeed! :)
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

THERE

IS

A

GOD

... and he plays videogames  >:D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Ricamundo

Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

JRD

And kudos to eor123 for being the first one to bring the news to OWG  :-X

I knew E3 was due to beginning of June and that FC3 was going to be shown there but I wasn`t actually following the latest news on that!

Great news... although, 2012 is a bit vague..... hopefully not December 2012!  ????

************************************EDIT************************************

Err... just saw a post from Fiach about FC3 as well... kudos to you as well, mate!  ::)  :-X

Dweller_Benthos

Well, something to look forward to, that is after I finish Portal 2 (finally got it working on the new PC!), Crysis 2, and of course, the ever-present Minecraft.

And yes, I will be posting pics of the new PC, it's just been a real trick to find time to do anything since I got back from vacation, and that was a week ago!
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

JRD

Quote from: mandru  on June 06, 2011, 07:35:22 PM
It also appears that it's a good thing that we will be able to swim in FC3 as well.   :-D

... and we`re gonna have a watch...  8)
... and binoculars...
... we`ll`ll be able to shoot from cover...
... shirtless guys will no longer be resistant to a full clip of a .50 square to the chest...
... there will be civilians (although dead  ::) )
... there will be helicopters we hopefully will be able to fly!

OhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoyOhBoy

>:D

Art Blade

...mercs won't always attack you - only if YOU pick a fight.  ??? :-X :) :) :)

And yes.. let's hope the wrist watch stays and makes it into the final product -- early images of FC2 made believe we'd have a watch but no, they had to take it away from us. Not this time, please. :)

By the way, thanks, JRD, for not exceeding the borders of the board with that "OhBoy"  ;) :-X

What I've seen in the vids regarding FC3, man, this game is going to be another must have. I always loved the tropical island of FC1 and I enjoyed the open world of FC2. It looks as if they learned a lot from both games and from what players said what they wanted, also as if they had a close look at what other recent and good shooters offered.. interesting to hear that they plan a hybrid that contains RPG elements (XP points, currency, other items) as well as classic FPS elements. Hehe, a so called RPGFPS or FPSRPG  :-() :-X

mmosu

Quote from: Art Blade on June 07, 2011, 04:01:08 PM
Hehe, a so called RPGFPS or FPSRPG  :-() :-X

These games are going to be the death of me, such a time-pit  :-D

PZ

My goodness that is fantastic news.  There was a scene during which it appeared that the shooter was using a 6P9.

...can't wait for this one.  :-X

PZ

When I first read that the setting was in the jungle rather than in Africa, I was quite disappointed.  However, as I watched several game play videos, I quickly realized that all of the elements that I love in FC2 are present in FC3 (or should be).

The mercs are human (I have not played FC1 due to the monster element), and the videos were quite reminiscent of the merc behavior I have come to love in FC2.  There was also mention made of the mercs in FC3 not being as globally "aware" of your presence as in FC2.

The developers also mentioned the "alive" aspect of the environment even though the game is open world.  This game has the potential to be the best game yet, and I hate to wish my life away, but I cannot wait for this release.

deadman1

Quote from: deadman1 on June 07, 2011, 01:09:51 AM
???
Oboy Oboy Oboy Oboy Oboy Oboy Oboy OboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboy
OboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboy
OboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboyOboy

Now, after a little time allowing it to sink in, I capped the one line of "oboys" so we get the post and the rest of the topic back in shape  ;) That one line went WAY beyond the borders of the board  :-()

It looked OK on my monitor when I posted it, but I may have gone a little overboard in my excitement  :-[

Art Blade

Never mind, deadman :) For some reason we do get different results from time to time, I think what I saw was the inability to perform a word wrap, one "word" with 1 billion of letters would extend in one single long line, hence going "over board"  :)

Art Blade

[admin]I merged those two topics that started nearly at the same time with Eeyore (aka eor123) being the first one who posted about it. I kept the original subjects in the replies so you can tell what was what. Now we have one topic and everything is neat and tight  :-()[/admin]

mmosu

"We're not afraid of what's under the bed, we're not afraid of what's in the closet.  We're afraid of the guy that comes through the window at three o'clock in the morning with a knife - and that's this game."

Yessss, good . . . good  >:D :-X

Finally got to watch that press-conference video.  Another thing he said that I liked - "You see the mountains in the distance.  You can get to those mountains.  The question once you get there is what's there, who's there, why are they there, and do they like you?"   :-X :-X :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳