Far Cry 3 announced 2012

Started by eor123, June 06, 2011, 05:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Thanks for the post ninzza, most interesting :-X

Quote from: ninzza on June 11, 2011, 01:42:25 PM
We've been building the world for about four or five years, we started right after Far Cry 2 shipped.

??? That long? I didn't think FC2 had been around for more than a couple of years, unless he meant FC1, but I thought FC1 was older than four or five years. Hmm...

ninzza

Quote from: fragger on June 11, 2011, 02:04:27 PM
Thanks for the post ninzza, most interesting :-X

Quote from: ninzza on June 11, 2011, 01:42:25 PM
We've been building the world for about four or five years, we started right after Far Cry 2 shipped.

??? That long? I didn't think FC2 had been around for more than a couple of years, unless he meant FC1, but I thought FC1 was older than four or five years. Hmm...

Yeah I think he's mistaken. If they started to w%&k on FC3 after FC2 shipped, then it's roughly about 2 and a half years.

Oh, regarding weapon customization, one of the mods of Ubisoft FC3 forum said:
"It's been recently spoken about at E3 that you can find and attach a silencer.

And we can pick up SD card (in the 4th paragraph):

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/far_cry_3/preview-3046.html

Art Blade

thanks, ninzza :)

Sounds like they were working on two games at the time. FarCry1 was created by the Yerli brothers (Crytek, creators of Crysis) and released by Ubisoft in the second half of 2004 while FC2 was created by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft towards the end of 2008. About one year later, FC2 was sold nearly three million times.

Given that Ubi was to continue the island-based FC1, which they didn't when they based FC2 in Africa, it is possible that they had plans back then to continue the original story of FC1. If so, then indeed they can add quite a number of years of "development" regarding FC3 which indeed takes us back on a tropical island ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Diwas Amatya

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact same f^*#@!g thing over and over again expecting s#!t to change, that is Call of Duty."

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: nepdyse on June 11, 2011, 11:58:18 PM
"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact same f^*#@!g thing over and over again expecting s#!t to change, that is Call of Duty."

^+-+  :-X :-X :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

ninzza

Great first post ;D ;D ;D

I think I'll get this as my sig now.

fragger

Good one Fiach ^+-+ ^+-+ ^+-+ :-X

Diwas Amatya

Do any of you guys know, what system the game play is from? Far Cry 2 in my honest opinion is still the best looking game on consoles and one of the best FPS I've ever played next to COD4. I just hope they haven't made any radical changes because Far Cry 2 had almost everything right. Aside from the AI and death animations. Which judging from this video are top notch. God the wait is killing me, i'm mean i could die tomorrow for all i know and i can't die without playing me some Far Cry 3. You know what, that's it i'm going to break into Ubisoft headquarters steal me a copy. Wish me luck guys, and i'll see you when i see you.

Art Blade

:)

It was about the same when FC2 was still in the making. Man, how I hated the waiting. I bought a new computer and went back online (after like 1.5 years without using the internet) only because of that game. :)

Diwas Amatya

mmosu

Did you see the recommended titles at the bottom of that page?  Half of them are COD titles - bleh, no comparison!  >:((

Oh, and I think we have a case of mistaken identity happening here.  I think some of us (including me) thought we were talking to Fiach during the last few posts due to the avatar.  Looks like you've been around for a few months and I haven't properly welcomed you, so, welcome to the forums nepdyse, and don't worry, the guy you've been confused with is just some old geezer that's always shuffling around the place  :-()

JRD

I too thought Fiach was posting that line due to the avatar  ;D

Anyway, welcome to OWG nepdyse!  :-X

As for the pre-order, no info on system specs so far or did I miss it somewhere?  ????

PZ

Indeed - welcome nepdyse  :-X

I think in one of the videos a person demonstrating the game was using a PS3 controller - not positive though, but it certainly was a console controller.

Good luck on getting that game CD, nepdyse  ;)

mandru

The end of one of the FC3 videos at the earlier in this thread has a static splash page that shows XBox and PS3 icons at the bottom of it which makes it look like the platforms available at launch time.

Once again this type of staggered release delay as it occurred for AC2 and AC Brotherhood stinks for us PC users at the end of the line.   :(
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Quote from: mandru  on June 13, 2011, 08:41:40 AM
Once again this type of staggered release delay as it occurred for AC2 and AC Brotherhood stinks for us PC users at the end of the line.   :(

So true, but the silver lining is that by using the Dunia engine, FC3 is likely to be much better on the PC than on the console, just like FC2.  I recall doing a comparison of screen real estate a long time ago, and my tests indicated that the difference between PC and console is like the difference between widescreen and standard television.

The other PC plus is that with a high end graphics card, the detail in FC2 is much better on my PC than on my PS3.  After all, PC hardware improves each year, and the PS3 hardware has not changed much since it first came out.

Now, before I'm blasted for bashing the consoles, keep in mind that I still play most of my games on the PS3.  ;)

Art Blade

nepdyse, indeed I too only quickly noticed the avatar and thought it was Fiach posting  ^+-+

Welcome aboard, mate :)

And mmosu, cheers for pointing out the mistaken identity  :-X By the way, same goes for PZ's recent avatar, it too had been in use by other members.

mmosu

Yeah, the mug-shot of Josip still catches me off guard every once in awhile, I got so used to seeing the swirling yin-yang!  Actually, there are a few long-timers that made a change in the last couple of months, made it difficult for a little while to tell at a glance who was talking (mandru and JRD, this means you  :-D)

Now that I re-read the thread, ninzza was the only one who realized who he was talking to:

Quote from: ninzza on June 12, 2011, 01:28:06 PM

Great first post ;D ;D ;D

I think I'll get this as my sig now.

Art Blade

yes indeed, and I did read that but I was presumably in a hurry because it escaped me right then  :)

ninzza

Welcome to OWG nepsyde :)

When JRD called nepsyde Fiach, I though he changed his nick :)

JRD

Geez... it's getting confuse  ????

Quote from: ninzza on June 13, 2011, 02:28:39 PM
Welcome to OWG nepsyde :)

When JRD called nepsyde Fiach, I though he changed his nick :)

I didn't...  ;D

Quote from: fragger on June 12, 2011, 04:05:59 PM

^+-+

Art Blade

this is going to be confusing  ^+-+

ninzza

Art Blade

;D

I see PZ changed his avatar again  :)

Nice.. and at least I haven't seen that one being used by someone else on this forum  :-()

fragger

Quote from: fragger on June 12, 2011, 04:05:59 PM

Geez... My bad too :-[

Sorry nepdyse... Just goes to show how one tends to associate a particular avatar with a member. I'll pay more attention in future!

Welcome aboard mate, keep the great lines coming :-D

Quote from: mmosu on June 13, 2011, 12:47:14 PM
Yeah, the mug-shot of Josip still catches me off guard every once in awhile

Just as well I'm not using that Josip picture anymore, that was my first avatar at OWG. So two of us have now been Josip, two of us are currently being Frank, and at least one of us has been confused :-\\

Tags:
🡱 🡳