Video Journal: Assassinate Anto Kankaras

Started by spaceboy, March 28, 2009, 09:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

Here is a video of one of many ways to take out Anto Kankaras.

Originally after trying sniping from afar and sneaking on roofs, I settled on big and loud.  With the windows conveniently open, it's easy enough to toss a grenade through them, but the problem I was having was the AI gunning me down in the streets as soon as the grenade left my hand.  I needed a solution to clear the street.  Enter the IED.

This video was recorded from my PS3 to my PC using Honestech VHS to DVD capture software and is not of the best quality.  Actually it looks better on the PC than it does on YouTube, but I think it's still worth watching.  This of course is a re-enactment of when I first did this mission months ago.

I hope you enjoy.

[smg id=6 type=av]
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Excellent job spaceboy!

... and clever way to get video recorded from PS3...

PZ

Spaceboy,

I hope you don't mind, but I copied the essence of your post into a Media Gallery submission, took the code it generated and then modified your original post to embed the video rather than having to go off-site to view the video.  Your video is grea by the way!

spaceboy

Are you kidding, I don't mind at all.  The embedded vid is great.  btw, it appears in the media gallery that there are two instances of this same video, not sure why...

PZ

Zomby Woof

Awesome video spaceboy!  I saw this a couple of days ago and have been waiting for that mission to try it myself.  I just now finished my 1st playthrough, (loved it, best game I've ever played, wish it wasn't over  :'( ) but never got that mission.  I think I remember reading a topic where D_B was talking about being let in by a faction gaurd with you're weapons to assasinate somebody (could be wrong, I tried to scan the forums to find it but no dice).  I don't know if that's the same mission or not, but I didn't do that one either  ??? .  I don't know, maybe I'm playing in my sleep, or had one too many sammy's.  But I could swear I didn't do that.  Anyway, I'm getting ready to bump it up to hardcore and start my second play.  This time I want to be thurogh.  Do every mission I can.  Any ideas on getting to these?

Art Blade

lol, nice one spaceboy! I remember my troubles with that mission. I used a sniper gun from the roof you enter by ladder. Could hardly see the old chap in his office then :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

Zomby Woof, this one, if I remember, came right towards the end of the game and it may have even been something the Jackal called me to take care of.  I think the other one you mention is when you rough up some guys and if you don't kill them they offer you the deal about the guard letting you in.  Only thing is it's so easy to kill them accidentaly because you have to kill the other mercs around the hut.

The other guys here may remember more clearly than this...I'm only on my second playthrough but taking lots of time trying to do everything and have some extra curricular activities.  ;)

btw, enjoying some Sammy's White Ale lately myself.

Art, yeah I kept getting killed when trying sneak on roofs and snipe so I opted for this method, crude, but it worked.  I did have fun though on the roof dropping grenades on the lot after getting noticed...but my luck ran out.

Zomby Woof

I gottcha, thanks for the quick response spaceboy!  Yeah I remember those guy's trying to make a deal with me, I guess I figured they were just saying anything they could to delay the inevitable.  Or maybe it was difficult to make out their words over the punctual bark of my shiny new deagle.  No matter, this next time through I'm going to take my time and do my best not to off that imperialist sod before I hear him out.  Thanks Again!

PZ

That's an interesting mission (loved it) and depending on who offers you the mission, it will be to either take out the faction leader in the UFLL headquarters of the APR headquarters.  One good place to go to accomplish this mission is up to the 3rd floor of the church - you can snipe either guy from this position, although you have to wait until he comes into view (usually no more than a minute or two).

It does sound like you killed both guys in which case the assassination mission is forfeit - oh well, something to look forward to on your next play through.

Reading your post is almost like deja vu for me - I felt and said the same: I love this game, and I'm sorry that it's over.  Then I played again and even before I was done, I was already looking forward to the next play through, and planning what to see and do - largely because of the tips I gained from reading the forums!

Tags:
🡱 🡳