Journal Entry II: No Rest for the Wounded

Started by Roaven, March 30, 2009, 08:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaven

Journal Entry II: No Rest for the Weary Wounded:

When I finally came to, the first thing I registered was that my head hurt like hell. So did my leg. Useless observations aside, I cleared my vision somewhat and got on my feet. I was in a room, a closet of sorts. I didn't notice before, but there was a man blocking the exit. He was wearing urban camouflage. He looked me over, and told me to administer some first aid before I bled out.

I wasn't exactly a surgeon, but I could remove a bullet. I wedged my knife into the wound and pulled the bullet out with a pair of pliers. Fun. He introduced himself as a UFLL Lt. Anto Kankaras. He told me that there was supposed to be a ceasefire at Pala. That worked out well. He explained I was pretty much all he had left to run errands for him. He said in this eastern European accent "Go fix car. Or do you not know a$$ from hole in ground?"

I grabbed a G3, handgun, and this rusty flamethrower, which I had no doubt would fall apart in my hands. Went outside, after the guard stepped aside. I was in a slaughter house. Classy. I fixed up the civillian vehicle and drove down towards the outpost I needed to take out. Lots of dry grass there. Gave an idea.

I pulled out my flamethrower and fired a few short bursts of flame into the grass, bolting to the crop field and hiding. The flames slowly consumed the camp, burning one of the guards alive. Gruesome. The other had disappeared. I searched the camp and almost gave up when I spotted him a good distance from the camp.

I was angry he had caused me so much trouble, so I unloaded my handgun into his head. Anto called and told me to get some rest. No complaints here. I walked inside and layed down on the cot, setting my alarm and closing my eyes. I was more exhausted than I had thought, and was out like a light. Until the next mission I suppose

spaceboy

Ahh, the memories. That was my first mission - woke up in the slaughterhouse.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Dweller_Benthos

Me too, still haven't done the other first missions yet, really need to finish the first game, but I keep getting distracted.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

You and me both... there is so much to do and so little time...

However, I typically wake up at 5:30 on the weekends and spend some quality play time before the wife arises!

Tags:
🡱 🡳