Journal entry: Frank Bilders vs. The radio DJ

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 26, 2009, 07:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Woke up the next morning feeling like crap. Took a peek outside my safe house and saw that the weather agreed with me. Drizzly rain and humid as hell. No one was around, so I took a walk to the edge of the cliff overlooking the lake. No one ever come up here, except for the couple of goons I had "liberated" the place from. I don't think anyone else even knows the place is here.

After a meager breakfast, I headed down the slope in my grenade truck, which was still going strong after the trip from the northern bus station where I had picked it up cheap from a convoy that wasn't protecting their boss too well. I slid past a couple of patrols, didn't feel like tangling with anybody this morning, and pulled into the bar at the marina. Frank was inside as usual, bending his elbow, typical Limey. Said a pirate radio station was broadcasting lies about him, and wanted them to be silenced or good. Whay don't you go up there yourself, you lazy ba$t@rd, I thought to myself, but kept quiet. Frank was still a decent bloke in my book, just a bit bossy sometimes.

I took the job, and Frank told me the radio station was broadcasting today from the old dental clinic. HA! Some joke that place is. I'd been through there once before and almost didn't make it out. Buncha grass huts in a valley that hadn't seen the likes of a dentist in who knows how long. I decided to take the overland route instead of crossing the lake by boat. The clinic was nowhere near water and I'd have to steal a vehicle once I left the water and that was always a tricky proposition. Besides, my grenade truck would be a big help once I got there, and I didn't want to lose it.

I took a route through Mosate Selao and to the north west, missing most of the road patrols in that area. The few I did run across didn't last long after a couple grenades were launched their way. I pulled into the area from the east, going off road from the tracks through a little valley that gave me a good shot into the clinic area. I pulled up and started pounding the place with grenade rounds. Luckily, the people I stole this truck from had it well stocked with ammo, it never seems to run out.

After a few minutes, I started taking fire from a sniper and some ground troops. I got off the truck and returned sniper fire and patched up a few holes in my skin, then got back in the truck and continued the bombardment. I may have gone overboard a little, but it was payback for the last time I was in this area and had to drag myself out barely alive.

Once I was satisfied that most everyone was dead or near to it, I drove into the clinic area and mopped up a few stragglers and found the radio antenna I was there to destroy:

[smg id=4865]

How it had survived my grenade attack, I'll never know, but one more direct hit from a launched grenade finished the job. My truck was getting a little worse for wear, it had lost the hood a while back, which actually made it easier to fix the damn thing as it was breaking down all the time now. Might have to trade it in for a newer model soon.

I headed back the way I came and stopped at the bar for a cold one and informed Frank that his radio troubles were a thing of the past.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Great story as always D_B; you're the master!  My usual route into the dental clinic is from the south west via the narrow passage coming in from the malaria medication location so I'll need to try your method as a variation.

I'll add the link to the Bowa midwest region map as well as the dental clinic majorlocation map.

Tags:
🡱 🡳