FC3 detail screencaps

Started by PZ, January 03, 2013, 09:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

It might also be fun to have a collection of unique finds, the sort fragger often finds.  Here's a start:

[smg id=5262 width=400 align=center]
[smg id=5270 width=400 align=center]
[smg id=5271 width=400 align=center]
[smg id=5272 width=400 align=center]

Binnatics

[smg id=5117]
[smg id=5133]
[smg id=5145]
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

lol, nice ones :)

[smg id=5307type=link align=center width=500 caption="2013 01 05 00039"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

The menu board at a burger stand at one of the outposts. Some interesting names there.

[smg id=5326]
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

Great pics, you guys! :-X There is so much detail in the game, we'll be finding stuff for a long while to come, I think. Dweller just beat me to it with the menu one, I took a cap of that as well :) I like some of the names on that :-()

I like that pic showing a bio-hazard label and a caption under it saying "Hold breath" :laugh: Also like the "Wetnose Lager Beer" sticker on that suitcase :-D

Here's some more:

Catch of the day!
[smg id=5329 align=center width=600]

Check out my new wheels! Correction: wheel.
[smg id=5330 align=center width=600]

You like to drink it:
[smg id=5331 align=center width=600]

Now you can smoke it!
[smg id=5332 align=center width=600]

This looks like a luau pit, only being in the south pacific, and since all the locals are apparently displaced Maoris, I guess it's the New Zealand version - a hangi pit.
[smg id=5333 align=center width=600]

And here's my kitchen! All modern and state-of-the-art. Who's up for marinated warthog snouts and devilled cassowary?
[smg id=5334 align=center width=600]

PZ

I love it fragger!  I've not seem much of what you have posted, likely because I'm still more occupied with maintaining my skin intact  ^-^

Art Blade

nice pics :) I need to check that menu when I find one :-() I saw the Vodka cig pack, too :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

durian

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

PZ

Here are a couple of random caps

... reminiscing again... the photo album
[smg id=5356 width=400 align=center]

That ba$t@rd, Hoyt doing the Rambo thing (what the bad guys in the last Rambo mission did) just before the rice paddy mission
[smg id=5357 width=400 align=center]

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: PZ on January 08, 2013, 10:10:51 PM
That ba$t@rd, Hoyt doing the Rambo thing (what the bad guys in the last Rambo mission did) just before the rice paddy mission
[smg id=5357 width=400 align=center]

How'd you get the camera overlay to capture? Whenever I take a screen with the camera up, I get no overlay. It's OK when you want to get a real closeup of something without anything in the way, but other times, you want the effect.

Plus, when you use the camera and take a picture with it, are those saved anywhere, or is it just for effect in game?
D_B

PZ

I always have Fraps running so stills and video are always a keystroke away. Fraps has always captured everything I have wanted.

In game camera captures are only for in game effect.

Dweller_Benthos

Ah OK. I'll just keep in mind if I want a cap with the overlay, to quit out and paste the clipboard into a graphics program. I think that works anyway.
D_B

PZ

I've always enjoyed old filling station advertising - my first job was in a gas station
[smg id=5428 width=400 align=center]
The next three are just reminders of the large propane tanks in FC2
[smg id=5429 width=400 align=center]
[smg id=5430 width=400 align=center]
[smg id=5431 width=400 align=center]
More gas & oil
[smg id=5432 width=400 align=center]

fragger

Nice :-X

In the first pic, the "Motor" logo is a little like a combination of the old and new Mobil logos. I won't post images of those here, but do an image search of "mobil logo" on Google and you'll see the similarities.

P.S. I too worked in a gas station many years ago. Only here we don't call it a gas station, we call it a service station. Or in typical Aussie vernacular, a "servo" :-()

PZ

Yes, I noticed the similarities right away  :-X

We formerly called them service stations as well, but there is no service in stations at all these days, so they are simply gas stations.  In the old days, attendants put gas into vehicles, checked oil, washed windshields, etc - today, all they do is collect your money, and if you purchase via credit card, they don't even have to do that :-()

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: PZ on January 12, 2013, 10:54:25 PM
Yes, I noticed the similarities right away  :-X

We formerly called them service stations as well, but there is no service in stations at all these days, so they are simply gas stations.  In the old days, attendants put gas into vehicles, checked oil, washed windshields, etc - today, all they do is collect your money, and if you purchase via credit card, they don't even have to do that :-()

There's a filling station down the road from where I w@&k. It's near the port so trucks go there all the time, and there's no one there at all, just credit card only pumps. Well, there might be someone who comes through once in a while to check things, but mostly it's only truckers filling up.
D_B

PZ

Jobs??? We don't need no stinkin' jobs

fragger

I re-found the wheelchair, it's at x:399 / y:386, across the river just NE from Hoyt's compound.

Art Blade

is it still there or did you take it?  :-D

PZ

Gord beat him to it.  He's surprisingly fast for someone with 99 medals

mandru

I've come across a few wheelchairs on the islands.  One in particular caused me some concern as there was a body laying next to it.  Rushing over to check I was relieved to see that it was one of the locals and not our Gord.  Now that I've had some time to reflect on it I've come to realize that Gord would only use a wheel chair to lure pirates or privateers (thinking they'd found an easy target) within striking distance and then probably beat them to death with it.  ;)

With the wheels all out of true from the thrashing he's delivered Gord stalks off to his stash of wheelchairs for a fresh one to continue his ruse leaving behind the trail of them we keep finding.  :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Art Blade

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳