FC3 detail screencaps

Started by PZ, January 03, 2013, 09:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Hacko

PZ

fragger

Dweller_Benthos

Mike gets demoted, he only has his own brand of beer (or whatever this is) in FC3, not an entire bar like FC2. Too bad, we will miss you, Mike....

[smg id=5704]
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Hacko

It looks like Mike likes to drink Bleach. :)

PZ

Art Blade

LOL Hacko  :laugh:

My first impression was "milk bottle?" but hell, bleach is way better  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Dweller_Benthos

Is the logo the same? I think it might be, but I can't find a screenshot of the Mike's Bar from FC2 right now, anyone got one handy?

It does look like a bleach bottle, though, lol.
D_B

Art Blade

TheStranger

And as you already may have noticed: The conflict diamonds in the game are coincidentally from Leboa Sako (or Bowa Seko?).

Dweller_Benthos

So the Mike's logo is pretty close, I thought it looked about right.

Does it actually mention somewhere that the conflict diamonds are from Leboa or Bowa? Have to notice next time I get one.
D_B

Art Blade

I'd like to find that clue myself, too. So far, all I found was a case with a diamond in it that was pretty close to FC2.

[smg id=5721 type=preview align=center caption="FC3 diamond"]

TheStranger

Öhm just go in your inventory. There is a description for every object you find ;)

Don't you read?  (:)0

Dweller_Benthos

I usually skim the item descriptions, but never noticed the conflict diamond one. I have gotten the gemstone one a few times since you mentioned it, but not another conflict diamond yet.

That does look like an FC2 diamond case, Art, remember where that is?
D_B

Art Blade

The case is part of a side mission, one of those that sport a blue exclamation mark and it was in the Southern island. A girl in a shack asks for your help and you end up killing her husband in that same shack. I don't remember the mission's name, though.

As to the conflict diamonds and reading my inventory items' descriptions: I didn't read that particular one while I did read quite a few of the others. :)

Dweller_Benthos

Here's the conflict diamond, would have been nice if they at least mentioned Bowa, but I guess we settle for Africa

[smg id=5735]

Phone-ception?

[smg id=5737]

Who you winking at? (zoom it)

[smg id=5738]
D_B

PZ

You are definitely a details guy, D_B   :-X +1

TheStranger

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere in the game Bowa-Seko or Leboa Sako. Hrrr I am waiting for a mod to release so I can start my new playthrough.

Binnatics

I think I found the answer. When playing "Hurks" missions (not short for Hercules, his parents are pacifists) he will tell you he tracked some rebels trying to hide some "Bowa Seko Conflict Diamonds" in a temple. He asks you to steal the diamonds for him because his own intent to do so stranded with a rebelling monkey carrying a charge of C4 on its back :o

[smg id=5807]

You will have to enter the temple, which is a bit to the South of the "Point Blank" Rakyat Trial. Kill all pirates and then steel the diamonds that are hidden in an exact same case as shown above:

[smg id=5808]

This quest will also shine some light on another (yet unsolved?) mystery concerning a loot chest symbol on the map that doesn't lead to a lootable and visible chest. Turns out that this loot symbol involves the chest that is put there on that tiny island by Hurk, for you to put the stolen diamonds in. Somehow they must have not managed to hide the diamond symbol in the map when not on that specific mission.

[smg id=5809]

.....which brings the question to mind; how is it possible that this content, which belongs to so called DLC, is already there even for people who don't have the dlc? The only possible answer can be that the entire DLC is already there. They should design a mod to unlock that space on your hard disk, shouldn't they ????
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

nice finds, Binnatics :)

As to the DLC that is already there: we have already started the discussion across OWG in other topics/posts, too  :-D 

As to "mods unlocking DLC" I strongly advise against it. If a company wants to sell it and you get your greedy mitts on that officially not (yet) released stuff, they can get you for violating terms of use and license agreements and the likes which may get you into trouble -- for example, result in a banned account.

mandru

Cool pics and explanations Binn.  :-X

Regarding pirating locked UBI content (in a game featuring pirates  ?????  ).   I'm pretty sure the fine print in the Terms of Use Agreement states that usage violations will result in the removal of constraining security locks and the release of the Virtual Rabid Weasel® who will chew the game (and all other nearby files) off of your hard drive in great bloody chunks.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

:laugh:

Don't worry about me going crazy on Ubi's license agreements, I just think it's worth a discussion that a company fills up space on our very own harddrives without granting access to it. If they wish me to pay for access, they should leave that shaithe in their cloud or wherever they stash their stuff, but not on my machine.  \:/
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

D_B found the anklet decoration and flip-flop on heavies before me but I have a white war paint to add to the mix  :-()
[smg id=5850 type=preview align=center caption="Screenshot0499"]

Tags:
🡱 🡳