SOMEONE NEEDS TO MAKE A GOOD DETAILED MAP FOR FC3!

Started by rubberduckkiller, May 17, 2013, 05:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Onkel_Hotte

Quote from: PZ on July 06, 2013, 04:14:50 PM
Onkel_Hotte managed to extract a raw map from Far Cry 3, which he uploaded to our downloads area.  It is a large png file (33 mb) that is the highest resolution possible - read all about it in the Onkel's download description here:

Far Cry 3 Rook Islands map

Kudos, Onkel! +1  :-X

Here is a small jpg preview:
[smg id=6069 align=center]

I just forgot to tell you about the various glitches you will find in the map. They are not caused by me as you can check for yourself and travel to those locations in the game:
- 12420/5690 (ingame 621.0/739.5)
- 12250/10880 (ingame 612.5/480.0)
- 11390/12700 (ingame 569.5/389.0)
- 10360/12870 (ingame 518.0/380.5)

The biggest glitch is at 10300/14270 (ingame 515.0/310.5) - it's a complete part of 128x128 px, that I fixed with a part from the lower resolution version of the map.
There are a lot more smaller errors and a lot of bridges are missing. Looks like there was no quality control.

Anyway a really huge map for a game. If you would print it, you could cover a wall  ;).

Art Blade

:)

There are map holes in the game world, too. More than once I fell through the ground (after artistically climbing up rocky terrain) and if you ever had that kind of accident with a wingsuit (forgot to whip out the parachute) that caused you to punch through a rock wall head first and and then made you fall into oblivion.. now here's your epiphany  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Here's a kudo from me too Onkel, for all your efforts :)

fragger

Speaking of map holes, I fell through one the other day when trying to ride a jet-ski into a cave. I can't remember where it was though. Fortunately with FC3 if you fall into a hole, fast travel can get you back out.

Dweller_Benthos

Great w@&k, I'll have to grab it once I get a chance. I've been away on vacation, so haven't kept track of what was going on since Onkel sent me a PM saying he had automated the map stitching process, so I said, go for it!
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

"automated"  ??? impressive what you guys are capable of :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Onkel_Hotte

Quote from: Art Blade on July 08, 2013, 10:00:38 AM
"automated"  ??? impressive what you guys are capable of :) :-X

Don't get the wrong idea - it was a lot of try-and-error. A LOT!
But anyway better than spending months placing 9344 files by hand...

Art Blade

mandru

Indeed amazing.  Now if we could just get it blown up big enough to be able to kit up and jump into it.  :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Onkel_Hotte

Quote from: mandru on July 08, 2013, 05:17:26 PM
Indeed amazing.  Now if we could just get it blown up big enough to be able to kit up and jump into it.  :-D

3D-Printers are quite cheap nowadays...  ;D

Art Blade

Abletile

Jokes about ducks are not all they're quacked up to be. ;-)

Art Blade

no, they deal in rather small stuff only. :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳