Binnatics' FC2 experience

Started by Binnatics, May 07, 2011, 03:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Same for the talking of the merc's: They really have realistic conversations. So far, I haven't heard them say the same thing when I sneek in on them. And in missions it seems always mission-related. That's amazing. In normal games you get tired of hearing the same lines again and again. I remember one great frase though in GTA III: Some girl on the streets is shouting; "My mother's my sister". That's the weirdest frase I've ever heard in a game  :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

spaceboy

strange stuff in that GTA game..:0

Here is a topic that discuss the myriad of things these mercs do  http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?topic=448.0

and another about what they say http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?topic=1452.0

also, I thought I'd share a link to all of my FC2 videos (some even set to music!! lol) http://mygamepages.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=4

http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

mandru

Quote from: Binnatics on May 10, 2011, 09:03:58 AM
"My mother's my sister".

Wouldn't that actually be a comment about an immoral decision made by her grandfather?   ???

Good catch on the screen shot Binnatics but if you'd been about 20 meters closer it would seriously make you doubt the actual value of the gun shop's camo upgrade.   :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

^+-+

I know what you mean ;) I didn't find a 'proboscis' either  ^-^

@ Spaceboy: I'll check those  :-X I read a great part of a topic called 'what's he saying?' handling about the Zulu- and/or Africaans-Dutch sayings of these guys. I came along a grouyp that was talking a weird language, I think that's what is mentioned there. I couldn't make sh!t of that. Normally, I can quite well understand Africaans-Dutch as it's pretty similar to Dutch, so I guess it's Zulu. Didn't read the entire topic allready, it was late.  But I'll surf back to see if there was a clue allready ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[smg id=90 type=link align=center width=500]

This was my second screenshot I took when starting to post here at OWG. Funny how some people share the same interests.. as in which motives spark an unstoppable desire to take a screenshot and post it here  ^+-+
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

grown men we are, but we still find the same stuff funny we would have 30 years ago (or more).   lol 

Binnatics

Haha, you really got in close there :-X ^+-+

Art Blade

lol space, true  ^+-+ :-X

And Binnatics, hehehe yes.. but I also know how to stay away if needed.. far away.. and do my thing :-D

[smg id=698 type=link align=center width=500]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Lol Art, that's a nasty explosion  :-X

How many sausages would you have fried there...  :-D

Art Blade

:) Any sausages there would have turned into minced meat, a very charred kind for that matter :-()

You can do stuff like that with IEDs. Place them near explosives and flammables and of course vehicles.. best if the blast radius of one IED takes out a couple of things at once, so stick them carefully to whatever looks promising and drop them in suitable places. Then step back and watch the show  :-D

Or.. use a simple pistol on the right target.  :-()

[smg id=154 type=link align=center width=500]

Art Blade

Binnatics, three things came to my mind that you may not have known which are useful:

1) While F5 is for quick saving, F9 is for quick loading the latest/last (quick) savegame.

2) Bottles of water restore health. You can't pick them up when you're not wounded. While on easy difficulty a bottle restores full health, on harder levels it only restores a few health points. Still enough for minor wounds, saves you a syrette which would restore full health and therefore be wasted on a small wound ;)

3) hitting the "~" key (depending on your keyboard layout it may be located top left below the ESC key and left of the "1") opens the console, type "e" and hit "TAB" (for auto-completion of a word) and it will read "evict_resources," then hit "ENTER" which frees your PC's memory. Good if for some reason the graphics seem to stutter or if you experience little lags.

:)

Binnatics

Evict_resournces... interesting. Gonna try that once. I haven't had much trouble though since I downgraded the AA. Think that took a load of capacity of graphics. I noticed the waterbottles. On hardcore, I think they do restore like 1 or 2 stripes of life.
F9 is a good one. Gonna use that ;)

Art Blade

One more thing, I remember you said it took so long to start a game, here is a useful command line "cheat" that gets rid of the loading scenes when firing up FC2:

Go into the properties (either in steam or your desktop shortcut) and add the command after the quotation marks:

"HD:\whatever folder\Far Cry 2\bin\farcry2.exe" -GameProfile_SkipIntroMovies 1

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on May 12, 2011, 09:47:40 AM
(...) gets rid of the loading scenes when firing up FC2:

That`s part of the whole experience to me... besides, it gives you time to reach for another beer right before starting over in Africa...  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

I like you JRD, I really like the way you think... :-))

JRD

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Binnatics

:-)) ^+-+

I think I didn't complain about the loading time? Anyway. it's not so annoying. I like the fire in the introes. Good for warming up ;)

Art Blade

I thought you wanted a quicker way to fire up the game, referring to this:

Quote from: Binnatics on May 08, 2011, 01:23:43 PMwithout having to close and later fire up the game again. That takes so much time ;)

PZ

Always be careful what you say to Art - he has a photographic memory, and can access it faster than mere mortals can access data via Google.  :-()

Art Blade

:) I know it's not  photographic (I wish I had) but I can't deny it's working quite well.

Binnatics

I ment that having to close and open the game takes time; not too much if you just fire up the game, but yes too much if you only want to leave the game for a quick chek-out on the forum or anything. So yes you are right about me complaining, but it was more because of the game not minimizing when I was trying to do so ;)

Indeed a strong memory  :o

Art Blade

Binnatics

I found my first golden AK. IT was somewhere close to cattle Xing. It had me buy my first primary weapon-crate ;)
Couldn't waste it allready, or leave it behind ;)

PZ

Indeed - although you can get more, it is kind of fun to have it in your primary case and use it on occasion.  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳