Binnatics' FC2 experience

Started by Binnatics, May 07, 2011, 03:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

happens to me quite often, too. I found out that carefully and slowly aiming around the desired weapon might eventually lead to success, you can grab it. Else, well, save and reload just there might help, too :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

My solution to getting a stuck weapon off the wall is to look for a box or low crate on the floor near the desired weapon.  Finding that I move my character tight into a corner of that box or crate so that I in effect climb up on top of it slightly.  You may have to crowd the object you are trying to get a lift from at a bit of a diagonal.

Once I can see that I'm a little higher than when standing on the bare floor in front of the weapon I am usually able to grab it.   :-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

hehehe, funny how we all know that glitch and at the time come up with different solutions  :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

If you're headed out on a mission that is best suited to have the dart rifle and the bloody things stuck on the wall you learn to do what you've gotta do to get it.   ;) 
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

:-D

Sometimes I'll just go out and shoot a random merc. Doesn't help get the weapon, but what the hell. >:D

Art Blade

PZ

Like fragger, I just go to a different armory and the dart becomes available.  This quirky behavior is very rare for me on the PS3 - only a couple of times in dozens of plays through.

Binnatics

I had it twice in a row, in different armories!!!! The first time I thought "whatever, that will be a one-time-glitch" and took my worn-out dart-rifle with me, but sure thing it jammed during the next fight. So in another Armory I had the same damn problem!!!  :D I hope doing your sollutions will help out for me as well.  :-(

Oh, and now we're talking about glitches: I've been firinf FC2 from Steam last few times because of being able to conversate with Art during playthrough, but I noticed that a fix, that runs right after firing the game from the CD, doesn't run when using Steam. And the graphics are starting to stutter then. I guess Steam doesn't recognize the fix to be run before firing up the game, and therefore causing graph. trouble. Did you guys ever experience something like that?
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

fix? do you mean a patch? My game is patched and I use the FC2.exe rather than the FC2 game launcher when starting the game from within steam. Just create a desktop shortcut from the FC2 folder FC2.exe and then create a STEAM link to that shortcut, done :)

Binnatics

That sounds simple. Steam picked the one to use from their own search, I thought they'd pick the right one. But somehow this small pop-upwindow that's shown when I fire up Steam from the disc, is not shown when I use steam. I should check out what happens if I use the common .exe file on my machine.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Binnatics

Okay, I'm in trouble.... I'm suffering heavy malaria attacks and have no pills. Not even a mission where I can get pills from... The last story-mission I did was the one where the merc's war broke out in the big village in the south map. I escaped the town and went to my friend who was in trouble at Mike's Bar. I saved him and then I went for some armory missions... Doing so I got sick, and no pills left. I allready got 2 attacks after the last pill so what Should I do now? I have only UFLL and APR missions left, and off course the Mission from my dreadlocked friend at Mike's...

Any ideas?

Art Blade

The doc in the hospital gave you a mission. Check any underground houses and you should be fine. Usually when you're running out of pills, you'll get an assignment to get new pills, or vice versa: Before you start to run out of pills, you're given an underground mission.

PZ

That happened to me on one of my last plays through - I ran out of pills and no underground missions appeared.  (by the way, you need to be in the big town - Mosate Selao, before you see the exclamation mark on the clinic indicating a mission).

Because I had no choice, I kept playing until I completely passed out due to the malaria, and woke up in front of the doctor.  Unfortunately he said nothing so I thought I was out of luck, but as it turns out, he must have given me a couple of pills because I now had them.  Once I ran out of these, a new underground mission appeared.

My advice - keep playing until you pass out from the malaria and then see what happens.

Art Blade

Binnatics, looks like you're prone to find ALL of the glitches in ONE playthrough  :-()

Binnatics

Lol, so it's a glitch... I was at the village, because I thought I would find something like the church in the first map there. But all that appeared there was UFLL and APR mission-sings. I'll just go on busting armorycars until I pass out ;)

Binnatics

I found out that it's not Steam that triggers my FC2 to stutter, it's using alt+tab. After doing so the game looses it's smoothness.

Art Blade

don't forget to use the console, type "e" and hit TAB so you'll get "evict_resources" which might help, too :)

Binnatics

Before or after using alt-tab? That might be a good idea  :-X

Binnatics

Aaaahhh, 71 diamonds in the pocket... all armory-missions done... let's choose some new loadout  (:)0

Art Blade

after. Whenever you think it's starting to lag or stutter, basically :)

PZ

Evicting the resources works well - poor memory control by the programmers fills the ram with jusk that is not properly released.  Evicting resources forces the program to clear the ram and to reload the resources, thereby starting fresh.

Binnatics

It works!! Good to know what it actually does. Allways good to clean up the ram ;)

Ricamundo

I'll be interested to see what your choices for a new LO are Binn. :-X
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

Quote from: PZ on May 23, 2011, 08:06:15 PM
Evicting the resources works well...

Kind of makes me feel like a landlord.  :-()

Binnatics

Okay here's my new loadout: For the secondary weapon I sticked with the M-79 granade launcher, for practical reasons: Best Fast Blow available. For the primary weapon I chose the much hailed AS50: Damn what a blast. Fully upgraded allready and damn; over 90 bullets in the mag!
For the special weapon I choose an LMG M249 SAW: Since I allways want a bulletburst by the hand :P
The special weapon replaces my beloved AK47 and the AS50 comes in place for the Dart-rifle. Not much of a change so to say. But it's getting really dirty this time  >:D

The only issue so far is that I keep on reloading my M249 SAW after bursting about 20 bullets  :-\\ But that's kind of a luxuryproblem  ^-^

Tags:
🡱 🡳