Binnatics' FC2 experience

Started by Binnatics, May 07, 2011, 03:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricamundo

Quote from: Binnatics on May 24, 2011, 08:25:29 AM

The only issue so far is that I keep on reloading my M249 SAW after bursting about 20 bullets  :-\\ But that's kind of a luxuryproblem  ^-^

You should have a 100 bullet clip, right?
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

In my AS50 there are only 5 bullets in the mag, not 90  ???
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

Quote from: Art Blade on May 24, 2011, 11:33:36 AM

Im assuming he means his inventory. Out of curiousity i bought the AS50 myself today, and playing on Normal, i have a 5 shot clip and 45 inventory,not 90, and thats with all upgrades, so Binn, are you playing on Easy, or are you referring to the Dragonov maybe?
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on May 24, 2011, 11:33:36 AM

hmmm, sorry for my bad English; I mean 5 in the mag and something like 85 extra rounds  :-[

Oh, and yes, I'm playing on easy now. Art convinced me to do so, and it's still quite a challenge, so it was good to downgrade from hardcore what I started with.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Nothing wrong with a little confusion  :-D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I love playing on easy in FC2 - lots of ammo, grenades, Molotovs - doesn't get better than that!  :)

fragger

mandru

I was experimenting with the line edit cheats for the game launch EXE.shortcut.  What I wanted to find out was if the mercs were more aggressive, could detect me more easily when I was in stealth mode or even more plentiful when I had the toughest game level settings engaged.

What I found out was that the main difference to game play at tougher settings was that my resources were progressively more limited.  The missing gun site reticle, how many rounds for each weapon I could carry and the number of first aid syringes at my disposal all were lowered at higher play levels but that was the only differences I could detect.

I was actually hoping that the mercs themselves would get tougher and more numerous to liven up the party but unless the "no weapon decay+ infinite ammo" cheat was using skewed my results the level didn't affect the mercs.  They were still the same uncooperative butt heads.   >:D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

that's basically all there is to say about that, which means "easy" is just more fun  :-()

Binnatics

Well, I might be mistaken, but I guess you die quicker on harder settings. After doing quite a while on hard, I switched to easy. I realized that I could forget about stealth and cover, since they just didn't kill me fast enough. In most cases I could kill all main threats before getting into the last life-bar.

Didn't you guys have the same experience?
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I think so, but that's not due to the AI but to the player's setup (hardcore or infamous).

JRD

The difference I can tell, apart from less ammo and syrettes, is: on harder difficulties you can sustain less bullets before going down and mercs can sustain even more bullets - except headshots, obviously.  ;)

I never feel them more fierce or in higher number then on easy or more alert to my presence, it's just a matter of how much they can endure versus how much you can endure.

I always play on hardcore as I think this is a nice balance between challenging and not too forgiving gameplay
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

nexor

I always do the first gameplay on easy then w@&k my way up to the toughest one, that way I enjoy the toughest one more when I get to it..... :-D

fragger

I generally go for Hardcore too, for the same reasons as stated by JRD, with an occasional Infamous trip just to remind myself of my own mortality :-D But like nexor, I start a new game on Easy or Don't Hurt Me or whatever the easy level is called in the game and w@&k my way up.

Art Blade

I almost always start on easy and stay with it. Only once in a long time it occurs to me to take a peek at a harder level just to almost immediately jump back to easy.

Almost like when you know a cup of really fresh coffee tastes great, always has, always will, you may once in your life put a cup of cold coffee or instant coffee into the microwave and hope that the first sip won't be half as horrible as you fear it might, yet the first sip of that gnat's piss will make you wish you never ever tried that. :-D

Binnatics

I actually liked the hardcore difficulty. It was not too hard and obligated me to be careful. Easy made it a lot easier, but since I was quite curious for the rest of the playthrough it was a good switch. Ny next playthrough will be hardcore again I guess, allthough Ididn't finish the first yet... Bussy with Dirt 3 now  :-()

PZ

I'm just a tourist so I always have played on easy.  I tried some of the other levels on occasion, but quickly left those bad neighborhoods.  :-()

Binnatics

@ JRD: Great avatar!!!! I love Calvin and Hobbes  :-X :-X

JRD

Who`s Calvin? The name is Spiff... Spaceman Spiff, you monstrous creature!!  \:/

;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Binnatics

^+-+ ^+-+ :-X :-X :-X

"Calvin, where are you? It's time for diner!"

PZ

Quote from: JRD on May 31, 2011, 10:11:34 AM
Who`s Calvin? The name is Spiff... Spaceman Spiff, you monstrous creature!!  \:/

;D

Now we have a spaceman, a spaceboy, and a spacekid  :-()

fragger

At first I thought it said "Spaceman Spliff" which made me wonder if he was Major Tom's co-pilot ;D All we need now is a spacewoman to make the space family complete :-()

When I was thinking of joining OWG I almost picked Astroboy as my username, given my love of all things astronomical. But since there was already a spaceboy here I didn't want to appear to be plagiarist, and "Astroman" doesn't have the same ring or anime connotations to it :) I also toyed with "Astronut", but in the end I thought fragger sounded more macho (if slightly sociopathic :-\\ ) and was a real nickname of mine back in my Quake Deathmatch days :-D

Art Blade

:) "fragger" has a ring to it I always liked. :-X

LOL @ Spaceman Spliff co-pilot.. Hehehe, adding "spliff" to a space-related nick certainly spiffs up any connotation :-()

PZ

Quote from: fragger on June 02, 2011, 01:05:19 AM
..."Astroman" doesn't have the same ring or anime connotations to it :) I also toyed with "Astronut", but in the end I thought fragger sounded more macho (if slightly sociopathic :-\\ )

^+-+ :-X

Art Blade

I miss the old avatar of fragger, a frag grenade with some face painted on it.. looked like a cartoon version of a bird  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳