Binnatics' FC2 experience

Started by Binnatics, May 07, 2011, 03:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

You know what? I missed it too ;D

So... The old "Bird Bomb" is back :)

PZ

Art Blade

Fragger, in case your vision is still a bit blurry and while getting back up on your feet with a feeling that you're just about coming to, well, you're probably right. Some of those slaps on the back have quite an impact and leave a nice five-fingered mark  :-D :-X Cheers, man  :-() :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

LOL Art, I was wondering what hit me ;D ;D ;D And thanks! :)

Art Blade

Hehe  ;D In a game, I'd love to have hand grenades that look just like your avatar. And if you toss them they should holler like Tarzan  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

I finally desided to go on with my first FC2 playthrough, now that I'm no longer distracted by Batman:AA and DNF.
I picked up the story where I left it: Had to find an underground location somewhere near the dogon village. After that, I desided to do a UFLL mission, which brought me to the north-eastern part of Bowa Seko.
Going there I ran into a guard-post just east of the 'crash site'. I carefully appraoched the guardpost, and after killing the mercs who came chasing me in their trucks I knew there would only be one or two mercs left. One of them was shooting at me, and I couldn't find him. Most of the time I know where mercs are because of their firing; I thought he might have hidden himself behind a huge rock, because it seemed the bullets came from that direction. When I got there, exploring the rock, I saw (I was pretty sure I saw) bullets hitting the rock, so I must have been mistaken and the merc is certainly behind me. So I turned around, and while I tracked the area behind me, I carefully walked backwards. This time I was really confused being hit by some bullets again, coming from behind again!!??
So I turned back to the rock, almost certain that the merc must have found a way shooting right through the rock, but again I couldn't find him. He hurt me pretty bad allready, so I started panicing a bit, looking to all sides, even checking behind the rock if I could see the guy overthere... nothing ????
I climbed up the rock again, and now I saw bullets come OUT OF THE ROCK??? :o
And then I saw him; his forehead that is, and the gun he weared on his back. The rest was hidden inside the rock:
[smg id=3686 width=500]
I made up my confused mind and desided to shoot him in the (fore-)head right away: no result. He kept on shooting me.
I know I tend to run into any possible glitch this first playthrough, and had almost desided to just leave the guy there and go on with my mission, when I had an idea: more out of frustration than out of bright ideas how to kill the guy: I threw a molotov. And guess what: it worked. I heared him screeming, but one molotov was not enough. A second did the job >:D
[smg id=3687 width=500]
Had to adjust the pics a bit, because they were quite dark.
When I turend back to the guardpost after retrieving a map for my rasta friend, I was expecting the guy in the rock again; but no. Everything was back to normal ::)

I must admit that going on with my playthrough was quite satisfying. I got hooked by the African sounds right away and was feeling sucked right into this marvellous world again ^-^
Accept for driving in vehicles everything felt great. I really hope they solve that driving in the sequel. The land being far from flat, including the road, is all realistic, and I don't mind getting jiggled on my way to a certain point, but the steering and view when driving still feels weird. Like they didn't take the time to make driving the same realistic and smooth experience the rest of the game gives.  :-\\
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

^+-+ :-X

That famous merc has been titled the RSM (rock solid merc) that many of us long time players know quite well.  It has become a custom of mine when passing that area to throw a grenade his direction to take care of his actions.  >:D

Art Blade

Binnatics: ^+-+  :-X

Fun to read someone's first impressions particularly how he encounters and deals with the RSM  ^+-+ :-X

Binnatics

Hahaha, cool!
I should have known this was the famous RSM, Art allready told me about him  ^+-+
I sort of suspected a merc looking like a rock, but that's just my memory playing tricks on me I guess. Funny how I hereby show how 'green' I am in FC2  :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

That's OK, I wish that I was as "green" in FC2 as you because then there would be still a huge number of things to fully experience.  ;) :-X

Art Blade

And he might wish he was as experienced as you, PZ, so he didn't need to fall for this or that surprise any more :)

Both of you will be satisfied if you put it this way: PZ once was  as green and he was eager to find out new stuff, now he's experienced and enjoys it. Would be silly to go back having to go through all that again  :) Binnatics, however, will gain experience and catch up with us and one day think back like we do  :)

Binnatics

Wise words Art ;)

Nicely crowded at OWG by the way :) Good to be able to "chat" without having to wait for responce. I guess the shoutbox worked ^-^

Art Blade

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on September 07, 2011, 02:01:19 PM
... Would be silly to go back having to go through all that again  :) Binnatics, however, will gain experience and catch up with us and one day think back like we do  :)

Of course, us old guys sometimes forget the experiences we've had and then do them all over again as if they were the first time - guess they call that memory loss  ^+-+

Art Blade

I'd prefer to call it "selective repression"  :-()

mandru

Reflective Suppression?   ????

Elective defection!  It was a case of "Stop the world I want to get off" and I did.   ^+-+
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

Art Blade

I had to read mandru's post three times until I realised he hadn't repeated/quoted my term to make fun of it but came up with two new ones. And I love "stop the world, I want to get off"  ^+-+

mandru

:-D

That's one of my favorite "old geezer" pranks that I stole from the comedian Jonathan Winters.  Someone says something and if I can twist their words into something else quickly enough to bounce it back at them adding a question mark and then look puzzled or shocked they mark it off as my being hard of hearing.

Often the person will try to reword what they've said and if I'm on the top of my game I can keep the prank running a couple minutes.   ;D

Actually my hearing is quite good.  I've managed to ward off most of the ill effects of so many years standing in front of the guitar amps but some where along the way I realized that there were perks that come with getting older that would slip right past if I didn't grab onto them while I could still enjoy them.   >:D
- mandru

Art Blade

fragger

lol mandru ^+-+

So Binn, you've made the acquaintance of Mr. Rock Solid :-D He's a pain - I'm always wary of him when I'm in that area. I've found that a grenade thrown near his rock behind the guardhouse will usually quieten him down - of course that means having to take out the GP. I once got him with an RPG fired from the higher ground to the west near the diamond case - I aimed at his rock and got lucky.

Alternative: Scissors are useless against a rock-merc, but a huge piece of paper might do the trick ;)

Art Blade

Binnatics

Quote from: fragger on September 08, 2011, 05:36:09 PM
Alternative: Scissors are useless against a rock-merc, but a huge piece of paper might do the trick ;)
:-X ^+-+

I tried to headshot him, several rounds. But he seemed bulletproof. The fire did the job, but too bad I couldn't see him suffer >:D He was all hidden by his rock-fellow :-\\

mandru

Good one fragger.  :-X

Some of the surrounding grass appears to run up under at least part of the rock the RSM is in.  A Molotov tossed into the grass on the lower side of his rock will sometimes be enough to get him.

The RSM seems to be a function of which side of the GP you approach from.  Coming from the Polytech will almost always have him spawn inside the rock,  approaching from the Crash Site often allows him to spawn on top of the rock rather than inside it and driving in from the bus stop is a coin toss as to whether he spawns correctly or not.

- mandru

Binnatics

Sounds familiar Mandru. Indeed when I came there first, coming from the south if I'm correct, he was there, inside the rock. When I returned from the crash site he wasn't in his rock, but just attacking me like the others. ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳