Binnatics' FC2 experience

Started by Binnatics, May 07, 2011, 03:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Oh. I never realised he could be outside the rock.. nice info  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

So, today I visited the main town in Bowa. Came to get another UFLL mission. Got it, end went out. On my way leaving the town I got the usual phonecall for a buddy-alternative. When I hang up the phone, evetybody started shooting me. Just out of nowhere. The game suggested that I'd leave the town and escape my attackers. I desided not to. I wanted to punish them for attacking me and I did. Wanted to kill the whole damn village... >:D >:D
But they just kept coming. I had that great assault truck with grenadelaungher on board, so I killed quite a few dosens. Finally I had to make my escape. The just didn't stop coming. I think they never will, isn't it? There must be an endless stream of mercs coming out of that village, making sure that you leave or die  :-()
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

You are correct - the main town in Bowa is called Mosate Selao, and if you start trouble there, an endless spawn of mercs will result.  The same goes for the main town in Leboa (Pala).  However, there is a town in northwest Bowa called Sefapane, in which you can kill all the mercs (they do not keep spawning).

If you play with a cheat in Mosate, you can actually find the places where they span - one of those is the courtyard across from the APR headquarters to the west - they just keep coming up the stairs into the main road.

Binnatics

"It's your world" glitch known by anyone overhere?

LMAO, once again, I knew I would run into any available bug or glitch; Now by entering the safehouse where my buddy is abou to give me instructions for an alternative to a UFLL mission. It's the southmost safehouse when having the map in the RSM area. Surrounded by high rocky mountains. It's a nice safehouse btw.
I come in and he says "hi". Then he moves really fast towards me and back, and says " it's your world". The he tries talking again, but after half a sentence he starts moving again saying: "it's your world". This keeps going on. When I move a little towards him pots and pans, that are sutiated on a small wooden couch start shaking. I'll try to re-enter the safehouse. Maybe then it stops :-\\

Edit: Once I drew my map and put it away, My buddy is acting normal again. I have to kill Yabek, the arms dealer that delivers to APR exclusively. Hippolyte (or whatever his name is) told me to get the fuze of a bomb above his barge, on a bridge or so. I just desided to go get the fuze :-()
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

hmmm... no, I've not experienced that glitch yet, but I suspect that there are quite a few glitches that can be introduced into the game, some of them problems that will eventually stop the game.  I've experienced a glitch that makes the mercs super aware of my presence, and no matter where I go, they are immediately aware that I am there.  For instance, the Dogon Village - normally I can sneak around without the mortar merc being aware of my presence, but in one game I heard the whistle of the mortar round even before I was in sight of the village.

nexor

A silly question.......sounds like you creating your own maps Binnatics, could it be that the glitches creep in with the creating of maps?? maybe PZ and Art could shed some light...........I'm too stupid when it comes to those kind of things....  :-D

Binnatics

Hmm, dunno. But I don't think so. When I create a map, I use the map-editor which is a seperate program. When I use the created maps, I go to MP right away, and test it there, or enjoy it ^-^
Can't imagine that using an edited map can influence the SP. I did never do weird stuff, like modding or using cheats. The game is still a virgin so to speak :-D

nexor

as i said, i'm stupid when it comes to this kind of thing, hope you come right

Binnatics

Well, no more glitches so far ^-^

I have found myself a new loadout. I bought the MGL 140 today; what a great weapon. I allready experienced its effectiveness in MP testing maps with Art, but now that I play on easy diff. I get 28 grenades!!!! Only downside to the weapon is that it occupies the second slot. So no more AK47 then...
But I found a solution to that: The Eagle .50, Great gun. My rescue buddy gave me one, and it turned out to be very effective at close range. Almost one-shot-kills.
For the third slot I use the dart rifle.
This loadout influences my style a bit: When I go to a battle area, I make sure to get a good position; a sniping position sort of spot. Then, I first play darts :-()
To change appetite I pick the MGL 140 and start to blow stuff up. It's great when you use it against guard-towers: You blow the whole tower to pieces, including the rifle-merc inside. Any car is a welcome target. When I'm done and don't see anything moving anymore, I sneek in with the Eagle drawn out: Anything that still resists gets the bullet >:D

This loadout, and forced new playerstyle, gives me lots of fun. I used to go berserk with the AK47 at hand, and shoot everything that moves around me. I replaced the AK with an LMG, but that wasn't the right choice. You have loads of bullets, but the weapon isn't really accurate, and it's almost impossible to perform headshots. So you waste a lot of bullets too. Reloading is too slow, and the gun jams often. So no more LMG for me.

...as for great missions: I stole a flatbed today, and therefore I had to get some equipment at the post-office. That place must be the most explosive area around :o
Really anything blows up overthere, it almost looked like my vulcano-map 8)

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on September 11, 2011, 03:46:19 PM
... I had to get some equipment at the post-office. That place must be the most explosive area around :o
Really anything blows up overthere, it almost looked like my vulcano-map 8)

Yes indeed - the post office in Bowa is like PetroSahel in Leboa - highly flammable, and very much fun to torch.  My favorite method at the post office is to approach from the river and climb the ladder to the top of the garage.  From there, usually a single grenade toward the large propane tank will burn the entire area.

nexor

I started a new game a short while ago and decided to go with my two favourites, the Druganov and the PKM then
I took the flare gun for a change, I usualy try and find a vantage point some distance from whatever I need to attack. So now I set the place on fire first then snipe the mercs as they run around dodging the fires, works like a dream  :-D

Binnatics

Haha, great change of loadout :-X
Just yesterday I saw you can actually buy a flare gun. And I was wondering; what the H*** would I want to do with that??? You found the solution. Great thinking :-X ^+-+

nexor

One of the other senior members had that idea some time ago but I was a bit sceptic about the success of the flare gun untill now that i've tried it out, and I'm glad I did.... :-X

Binnatics

I will try it out too!! It's sure worth the investment. If I'm correct, the flaregun only costs like 5 diamonds.

Binnatics

I regret my last loadout because of the Eagle .50. It's not what I expected in close battle. It does not kill instantly, as I thought. It might be allright for some lone mercs out in the open, but when it comes to a massive attack in a stronghold, it's pretty useless. When you have only the options to change to massive explosions or snipe mode, you're pretty handicapted. So I changed it for the Uzi. The Uzi is a little better then the Mac-10 imo. It hasn't got that extremely high firerate and the hits seem to do more damage. That makes it a good alternative for the AK. It's not as shiny as the Eagle though. Old and wasted are better words ;)

ninzza

Quote from: nexor63 on September 11, 2011, 04:41:18 PM
I started a new game a short while ago and decided to go with my two favourites, the Druganov and the PKM then
I took the flare gun for a change, I usualy try and find a vantage point some distance from whatever I need to attack. So now I set the place on fire first then snipe the mercs as they run around dodging the fires, works like a dream  :-D

I thought the flare gun was useless but tonight or tomorrow, I'll try it using your strategy.

Binnatics

I guess I'm near the end now...
I got locked up in a prison ofter that guy stole my diamond case. I broke out but got shot near the pipelines. Heavy place to be with waisted weapons :-\\
Gonna give it another shot tomorrow. Tired ;)

fragger

You're not quite as close to the end as you may think, Binn - there's still a few missions to do after the prison, and then - no, I won't say anymore :)

I like to ply the Flare Gun at Sefapane by climbing up the bell tower of the church and starting spot fires all over town. The mercs don't know where the fires are coming from or who's starting them, and I've seen them in their confusion back away from one fire only to get cooked in another one :-() Land a few flares in the right places to make the most of the abundant flammable material in town and it's like Guy Fawkes Night :-X

mandru

Sorry for the rough go Binnatics.  ;)

That AT parked at the closest GP to the prison always has a nice shiny new mounted gun that won't wear out provided you can take it away from the mercs guarding it without blowing it up.  Fortunately there is the patrol that delivers a replacement if you foul up the first one as I often do.   ::)

You only have to make it as far as the marina to get re-outfitted or possibly that safe house near the pipeline if you've unlocked it and have fresh gear waiting in the lockers.

When using an AT as part of your extended weaponry perfecting the command ("C" on the computer version) to switch from driver to gunner position is a very useful survival skill to have under your belt.

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

Good hint Mandru.. I also figured an AT would be the best replacement for the rusty gear I'm using when leaving the prison. Didn't know about the one close to the exit; maybe I blew it up ;)

nexor

that's why I find the flare gun so handy fragger, it confuses the mercs, they back away from one fire just to step into another, specialy if you plant the flares around them. And in their confusion I snipe them with relative ease  :-()

Binnatics I don't know about the other guys, but I find PKM the best for closeup..........

PZ

My way of escaping the prison is to sneak past the mercs by staying as far to the west near the canyon walls as possible.  Then I ambush an ATP that is making the loop near the lake to capture a ride.  :-()

nexor

I haven't yet had a problem in dealing with those mercs, maybe I'm just lucky      :-D   

Art Blade

Quote from: nexor63 on September 11, 2011, 12:46:11 PM
A silly question.......sounds like you creating your own maps Binnatics, could it be that the glitches creep in with the creating of maps?? maybe PZ and Art could shed some light

Binnatics and I used to create and play our own custom maps. They are only for MP and out of reach for our common SP game. So no, SP glitches have nothing to do with MP maps. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

ok, as I said to him, i'm stupid when it comes to those things, it was just a thought...........

Tags:
🡱 🡳