End Game Spoilers

Started by mandru, February 11, 2015, 09:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

LOL, I agree, that's some extensive fan fiction there.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

Well if it wasn't for my paralyzing fear of rejection and considering the ongoing trouble I've had finding an illustrator to be able to publish a cute little youth fiction I wrote several years ago I think that would be a great idea.  :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Just pretend the publisher is a merc that is need of treatment and that paralyzing fear will vanish like the fog on a sunny day.  :-()  I would not worry about an illustrator; rarely does the author have the talent to do both, and publishers have teams of illustrators to put your ideas into reality.

I say go for it  :-X

Art Blade

couldn't have said that any better -- bloody hell, go for it  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Quote from: mandru on July 16, 2015, 11:13:54 PM
Well if it wasn't for my paralyzing fear of rejection...

mandru, remember when I talked about how scared I was to give in to my sleep paralysis? You told me to go with it and I would have a sweet sleep. Well... ;)

I know it's easy for me to say, but the fact is that when trying anything new, if you don't have a go you'll never know :)

For what it's worth, I think, and I always have thought, that you have an innate talent with the written word :-X I couldn't begin to put them together the way you do.

EDIT: See? I totally forgot to say what a cool bit of writing that was back there :-()

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Even I, with no experience or knowledge about the storyline in FC4, have really enjoyed reading your alternate story ending :)

I agree on the general opinion here; go for it!

You have what it takes and, more important even, are enjoying it.  :-X ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

nexor

I love reading, I'm no expert, and I'm not reading novels written by writers like J.R.R. Tolkien, who's only ranked 78th or Harper Lee who wrote To Kill a Mockingbird, This one I did read, also watched the movie. 

Ok, to get back to the subject, you are a natural author in my book mandru my friend, I love reading all your posts

mandru

- mandru

fragger

By the by mandru, I'm really glad you finally got to see the final scene in FC4. Whenever I've read any of your analyses about the story, and especially those about Pagan, I've really had to bite my virtual tongue because I hoped you'd finally get to that last scene, see it for yourself and be vindicated. I didn't want to diminish the satisfaction for you :)

Art Blade

mandru

Thanks fragger.  The game made me remove all cheats, go online and play by the rules to get to see it.  ::)

Now I'll spend some time rummaging around with the cheats back in place to see if I can detect any differences with the let Pagan live ending.

One thing I've noticed with the infinite ammo cheat in place it's a pain to keep dumping excess cash.  So I'm not missing the jackpot you get from looting pagan's body.  :-D
- mandru

Art Blade

mandru

I just noticed this.

As a result of my most recent play through FC4 (having killed Amita for Sabal) during my post game rampaging I came back across the town of Tirtha and was surprised that the place was pretty broken up and it's people were largely injured or suffering.  There was also a lot of angry dialog aimed at me for siding with Sabal or more to the point my killing of Amita.  It appears that the opposing faction had come through Tirtha and torn the town apart for their choosing to side with Amita.

This would mean I need to go through the game yet again.  ::)

It looks like (in post game) I need to seek out the town that gets razed when you side with Amita by destroying Jalendu temple and go on to Kill Sabal  to be able pick up the dialog tracks that should be forthcoming from that set of town's people who should be equally pissed at me.  ;)

I suspect it will be Utkarsh though it has already been torn up once by the artillery shelling depending on your mission alignment selections.  Utkarsh is also located in Mid-Kyrat but we will see.  The only other town I can think of that could be affected by faction revenge is Banapur (the first town you enter after the tutorial) but Amita and Sabal seemed to be equally represented there so that seems unlikely.

It's also possible that Tirtha (and Tirtha only) is damned either way you play out the game.  It' may be that I will find no other ruined town as I've described above.  :-\\

We already know that Tirtha is also deeply wounded in the variant ending where Amita with her thugs are conscripting all of the town's children against their parent's wishes and pressing the children into involuntary service to suit Amita's personal ambitions under the guise of what best serves the Golden Path.
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Wow, just when you thought mandru couldn't possibly squeeze another drop from FC4, a new splatter appears after it hits the ground. LOL
D_B

Art Blade

fragger

Yep, he's quite the Sherlock with this game :-D If the Ark of the Covenant was hidden somewhere in the game he'll find it.

Well done mandru :-X

mandru

The Ark?  ????

Oh!  That old thing.

It's located on the 4th Shangri-La mission.  The elephant will take you to it if you ask it nicely.  :laugh:

I know it's an old game.  I do try to keep my discovery posts here interesting for those who've played FC4 while omitting the simpler pleasures of things like making pigs fly using grenade tipped arrows.  ;)
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

Art Blade

PZ

:laugh:

No one squeezes more out of a game than mandru  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳