My First Glitch

Started by Ricamundo, June 11, 2009, 12:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricamundo

After updating to v1.03. Well it sure seems like a bug/glitch anyway. I was completeing the Mish where you have to kill the inspector at the Ranger station, then proceed to Weelegol village, and "convince" the DJ to read the paper your bud gives you.

I've never had any issues till now, but here's what happened. I pretty much wiped out weelegol, then walked into the radio hut, and after he did his little speil about being monitored, blah blah, i got the hand prompt to put my machete to his neck...only nothing happened. My weapon disappeared, and we just stared at each other. He was still looking at me, waiting, and his eyes blinked, but i couldnt move. Nor could i load a previous save(i QS'ed just before entering the hut). I couldn't esc either.

I had to alt/tab out to DT and shut down FC2. I went back in, tried from the previous save, then i tried re doing the whole Weelegol part over. Still the same thing.

I also tried going into the hut using the front door, and with different weapons in my hand, including the machete. No change.

I had to kill the guy, which made my bud pretty irate when he called me.  im assuming i also lost my safe house upgrade.

I've never had this glitch in my previous 4 playthru's, nor did i have a problem with the earlier mish at the Polytech, where i had to "convince" the teacher using the same method. BTW i was @ 65% complete when this occured.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

Sorry to hear about your difficulties Ricamundo - hope it is just specific to this play through  :(

Art Blade

indeed...  :o good luck, Ricamundo
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

Thx guys. Well, i took the plunge, and updated my quite old nVidia drivers from 175.16 that my PC came with, to the latest WHQL 185.50's.

I was hoping, that besiedes some graphics enhancements, the newer drivers might solve my glitch. unfortunately, after going back to my save made just before entering the radio hut, the game still locks up when i try to hold my machete to the DJ's throat.

What does concern me, is that unless there is a subsequent patch (doubtful) i may not be able to cooperate with my buddy in missions to get the safehouse upgrades, like syrettes, and ammo, etc.

When i start a new game in the near future, will all the side missions that require the machete to the throat of the bad guy visuals not w@&k?

Since v1.03 came out, is there anyone running an nvidia 9 series card with v 1.03 that could check the weelegol mish requiring the machete to the DJ's throat thing, and try it and see if it works?
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

Although I'm not that far into Bowa, I'll be looking for issues that might arise and report back here, but so far, nothing out of the ordinary has happened.

Dweller_Benthos

Just curious, did you use the machetes key to unlock the other machete types? Don't know if it would make a difference, but you might try it the other way and see if that makes any difference, though I kinda doubt it, just tossing it out there.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

LOL, D_B, my exact thoughts!

Ricamundo, I'd deffo give that a try. Who knows!
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

I still use the original machete, as i really don't care much for it. TBH, i wish i could switch it out for a more useful weapon.

RedRaven

BIG SMELLY PANTS!!!!! >:(

got same thing happening on my system-----
looked around tinternet a bit and seems to be common glytch (which is nice).
so hopefully Ubi will pull fingers out of arses and sort it out.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Bitfrotter

@all,

I also experienced the same at the villa where the belgian is that has to call for the coordinates. I use the key and the machete disappears and there is nothing else to do then to quit the game. Started all over with a different player. will see if it happens again.

Greetings,

Bitfrotter

Ricamundo

Huh, well i guess that's a v1.03 screw up then. >:( What a shame, really, since it will keep safehouse upgrades to only a mish that does not involve giving someone a "shave" with that machete.

Bitfrotter

@all,

I started a new game and now the machete works again. So maybe it is only to current game when updating to 1.03 version.

Greetings,

Bitfrotter

Art Blade

that's good news :)  :-X

Ricamundo

Quote from: Bitfrotter on July 01, 2009, 02:44:38 AM
@all,

I started a new game and now the machete works again. So maybe it is only to current game when updating to 1.03 version.

Greetings,

Bitfrotter

Same here. After starting a new game,(#6) the machete works again.

One new oddity tho. Since i updated my GF9800 to the latest WHQL 185.50 driver, i get a distorted picture when i esc to the menu screens. Kind of like watching TV and seeing someone's computer screen, with rolling lines of interference going from top to bottom.

The game itself, as well as the maps, are fine.

EDIT: Im beginning to think those lines might be heat related. Sometimes i see em, like yesterday, and sometimes i don't, like today. oh well, as long as the game itself runs smoothly.. ;)

PZ

I'm still trying to see if the Jackal tape glitch is fixed once you start a brand new game.  The interesting though is that my PS3 reports the FC2 version as 1.04

Tags:
🡱 🡳