Videos

Started by Dweller_Benthos, December 29, 2014, 06:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Thought they should have their own topic, so here is the place to drop them.

New one from me, some more clips of general fun. First up, a living dead girl, or dead living girl, depends what your point of view is, but she was a dead dead girl once she got run over, lol.

Then I take advantage of a guy answering the call of nature.

Yes, Virginia, you can skin a rat.

Actually some good shots with the bow (don't take this to mean that I'm good with the bow, you're just seeing the clips where I get lucky).

Elephants, yes, they grab you by the ankle and bash you against the ground. Protip: Elephants love water, rhinos do not.

Ummm what else, oh yeah, land a gyro-copter on a bell tower and avoid all that climbing.

Some other fun times sprinkled around as well.

Far Cry 4 action
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

very nice :) I did most of the bell towers landing right next to that fuse box but there is at least one tower that is located on too high grounds so the buzzer will start to stall and break away when trying to land it next to the fuse box. Of all towers, it had to be the one that requires you to do a giant leap across the inner centre to grab on to a ledge across and above you. As far as I know, it can't be done without help of a certain skill.

Spoiler
use the syringe that makes you run faster and just do the jump as if it was a normal jump
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Good idea on the video topic, D_B.  for that plus the excellent video, +1  :-X  ^-^

Your video makes me want to get the game once mods become available that make all the weapons and areas available from the start.  I still have absolutely no interest in ruining my fun with those horrendous main missions

mandru

That was pretty cool D_B.  +1  :-X

Your vid is the first thing I've seen that's swayed me towards considering getting FC4.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

totally enjoyable, those vids. I would love to watch a couple more.  :-D And yes.. another +1 :-X :)

I think you should re-post your first vid here.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Great vid D_B! :-X +1 :)

Watching this, and seeing the parallels with FC3 in the watch tower idea, I was wondering: Where will the next FC take place?

My guess is Cuba. ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks guys, I'm having fun putting together these little vids. Here's the other one just to get them in the same place.

Far Cry 4
D_B

Art Blade

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on December 29, 2014, 02:16:52 PM
Watching this, and seeing the parallels with FC3 in the watch tower idea, I was wondering: Where will the next FC take place?

My guess is Cuba. ;)

My guess would be Mars - that way the developers could have the entire game full of aliens, bosses, and vanishing warriors rather than just small mission segments.  Just imagine how many more of the 12-year old gamer population they would capture.  As much as the fools of the time complained about how unrealistic FC2 was, the sum total of the entire game had fewer "unrealistic" moments than a single one of the awful FC3 and FC4 missions.

Nicely done, D_B  :-X

Art Blade

funny that you should mention "Mars," PZ. I was actually thinking about the same, the future of FC, and that it might as well be in space, a Sci-Fi tale. :)

Binnatics

That must be a better guess indeed. First I thought Colombia. Perfect scenario for another out-of-your-mind/bandit-vs-soldiers/out-of-the-ordinary-storyline edition. Then I thought; Cuba. Don't know why. But maybe that's too much to ask. I thought, funny enough, that a step back in time would've been next :angel:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

we'll never know until it's released.

PZ

Your logic is good Binn  :-X

My thoughts were more along the lines of asking what a Ubisoft think tank would come up with.  My result: what would piss gamers who started (and loved FC2) the most?  The answer: aliens, bosses, and dumb stuff that only a kid would like  :-()

fragger

Entertaining clips D_B, cheers +1 :-X I like the bit with the rhinos in the second one :-()

I've noticed that the elephants are docile, but if they attack and kill mercs and you're still standing nearby, they'll then come after you. Even scarier than a rhino charge  ??? It's as though killing the mercs gets the elephants' blood up or something.

Funny that you mention Cuba, Binn. After doing the fourth and final quest for Longinus (the crazy, bible-thumping arms dealer) he tells Ajay he's leaving. When Ajay asks where he's going, he replies, "South America - or maybe Cuba".

Might be a good prediction you made.

Quote from: Art Blade on December 29, 2014, 08:21:10 AM
Of all towers, it had to be the one that requires you to do a giant leap across the inner centre to grab on to a ledge across and above you. As far as I know, it can't be done without help of a certain skill.

It can be done, it's a matter of running and jumping at the very, very last inch of platform. It took me about ten gos, but I did it. I didn't think to try the syringe :D

Actually I haven't tried using any syringes except the health ones.

Art Blade

I was the same, having failed a couple of times and running back up really pissed me off, I had that head-banging and face-palming going when I found a vid on YT how some guy did it.. the syringe   ??? :D Funny how we have some tools at hand and never think of using them when they actually make sense. :)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 31, 2014, 05:26:35 AM
I was the same, having failed a couple of times and running back up really pissed me off, I had that head-banging and face-palming going when I found a vid on YT how some guy did it.. the syringe   ??? :D Funny how we have some tools at hand and never think of using them when they actually make sense. :)

Indeed; that's the essence of figuring it out in an open world nature

mandru

There are some genuinely fascinating landscapes in Patagonia.  At least the guanacos will only spit on you.
- mandru

Binnatics

Quote from: mandru on December 31, 2014, 07:56:18 PM
There are some genuinely fascinating landscapes in Patagonia.  At least the guanacos will only spit on you.

Interesting place Mandru! The legendary Colorado, gold diggers, I could imagine a shooter taking place in that region! :-X

PZ

Kind of cool - I'm on the PS4 and FC4 allows me to post videos directly to YouTube.  I set the console to capture the last 3 minutes of whatever I have been doing and I can then trim it to satisfaction before the console uploads the video.  Here is an example of using a mortar - I liberated an outpost and found the mortar right in the outpost.  There was a convoy coming by, so I decided to try it - works great!

The mortar

fragger

Nice job, PZ :-X 8) Both the clip and the attack!

nexor

In the process of liberating an outpost all the mercs were in a group looking for me outside the fence, while I was circling the outpost with the idea of attacking them from behind I happened to spot the mortar on the roof of one of the buildings.
I climbed onto the roof and began tossing mortars at them, they stared shouting and ran around in circles trying to dodge the mortars, I heard one of the guys saying to another one, "he's a arrogant son of a bitch, get him"   :-D

mandru

Very cool.  :-X

I noticed when you targeting the convoy it also tagged one of the overhead eagles.  You should be able to tag all dangerous wild life in the area then with the right weapons equipped clear them all out before sweeping the impact site for swag off the dead bodies.  :)

At the very least you can keep an eye on the tagged critters to stay out of their attack range.
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah nice vid, PZ. I have some mortar footage I have to get into my next video, that is almost the exact same thing, lol. Except I manage to include some Golden Path guys in the mix too, heh.

And yes, Mandru, looking through the mortar scope tags everything in the area. I had fun just bombing areas in order to get every last living thing.
D_B

PZ

Thanks guys - the coolest thing for me is that I can now easily share video using the console, something that I could not do before.  Best part is that it goes directly to my YT channel without signing each time because my console and YT accounts are now linked

That mortar is fun, and has quite the range.  I now know how the mortar man in the Lake Segolo area felt.  >:D

mandru

Quote from: PZ on January 09, 2015, 09:22:42 AM
I now know how the mortar man in the Lake Segolo area felt.  >:D

So he had the FC4 sighting system and wasn't psychic!  There were times it seemed that he'd been tracking my movement from the time I'd left the Marina and headed his way.  :o
- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳