Videos

Started by Dweller_Benthos, December 29, 2014, 06:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

good read so far and a nice vid :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Nice footage indeed! :)

It seems they have made using the mortar a bit too easy, isn't it? ????
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Stiku

Quote from: Binnatics on January 09, 2015, 11:44:53 AM
Nice footage indeed! :)

It seems they have made using the mortar a bit too easy, isn't it? ????

It gets harder when you want to hit a moving target, because it takes along time from the time you push fire and the actual explosion.

PZ

Quote from: Stiku on January 09, 2015, 12:18:57 PM
It gets harder when you want to hit a moving target, because it takes along time from the time you push fire and the actual explosion.

Stiku makes a good comment - takes time to load, fire, then for the round to get to the target before exploding.  The travel time is dependent on how far you go out with your sight so it can become a challenge.

Quote from: mandru on January 09, 2015, 10:16:13 AM
So he had the FC4 sighting system and wasn't psychic!  There were times it seemed that he'd been tracking my movement from the time I'd left the Marina and headed his way.  :o

:laugh: :-X  I felt the same, and yeah, he must have been using this sighting method - you certainly can reach out and touch someone, in a most negative way!

Binnatics

Ah I see. That sounds challenging and cool! But it's weird that you get a camera view provided from up above, as if you have some sort of giant mirror to your avail, or a swarm of Gyro-buggers helping you out with the aiming stuff :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Yes it is - entirely unrealistic, but I really like it none the less  :-X

Interestingly, you should not be engaged with the mortar too long without taking surveillance of your surroundings, because a Tibetan wolf killed me while I was absorbed with the mortar

Art Blade

so much for wolfing down old raisins.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

:laugh: :-X

... or old prunes

Stiku

Quote from: PZ on January 09, 2015, 08:20:42 PM
Yes it is - entirely unrealistic, but I really like it none the less  :-X

Interestingly, you should not be engaged with the mortar too long without taking surveillance of your surroundings, because a Tibetan wolf killed me while I was absorbed with the mortar

Reminds me of a co-op session, Art and I were taking down a fortress and while I was taking down the soldiers, Art was playing "hug Tony the tiger" on the other side of the fortress  8)

Art Blade

fragger

:laugh:

If you like the mortar, have a go with the LK-1018 with L-CAM sight. Lock on to a vehicle, then let rip with the fire-and-forget cluster bombs. To borrow a phrase from mandru, they come down like the Fist of God >:D 8)

Need to do four Longinus missions to get hold of it though.

PZ

Quote from: Stiku on January 10, 2015, 12:27:00 AM
Reminds me of a co-op session, Art and I were taking down a fortress and while I was taking down the soldiers, Art was playing "hug Tony the tiger" on the other side of the fortress  8)

:laugh: :-X

Quote from: fragger on January 10, 2015, 05:07:44 AM
:laugh:

If you like the mortar, have a go with the LK-1018 with L-CAM sight. Lock on to a vehicle, then let rip with the fire-and-forget cluster bombs. To borrow a phrase from mandru, they come down like the Fist of God >:D 8)

Need to do four Longinus missions to get hold of it though.

Sounds like my kind of weapon!  Now I have something to look forward to with some of the less desirable missions

fragger

To get the LK-1018, you need to complete all four of Longinus' missions. Two of these are in the Northern region, so once again you'll have to get through the pesky main ones in the south first. Then you need to buy the L-CAM sight for it. Without that it will behave just like the Carl G in FC2 - as long as you keep the sight on the target, you can guide the rocket to it, otherwise the rocket will just fly in a straight line until it hits something. The L-CAM sight makes the rocket a fire-and-forget. When you sight on a vehicle, after a second or two a chime will sound telling you that the rocket has acquired, then all you do is fire and the rocket will go to the target. It doesn't matter if you break contact with the target - the "smart" rocket will still clobber it, so you can fire it and immediately move on. The rocket will initially go straight up in the air, then it will come down and do a cluster hit on the target, like the mortar does.

PZ

Nice  :-X

I think I'll try the shortcut of gong co-op with my son and getting the weapon the easy (lazy) way.

That Buzzsaw will make my SP game a bit easier  >:D

mandru

I believe I came across a comment somewhere that once you've added the L-CAM sight to the LK-1018 it can not be removed to return the weapon to it's original function of painting the target with the laser and having up to the last second (before impact) control over pinpoint targeting.

There was some buzz about this possibly being corrected through the updates.  Has that happened yet?

I'm all about widespread carnage and destruction but sometimes it may be handy to have some restraint when there are innocents within a strike zone that you don't want to hit.  I can see a tactical advantage to being able to choose between the two different types of strike but unfortunately it would probably require a trip to a weapon shop to make the switch instead of becoming swappable on the fly.

On the other hand it has been solidly demonstrated that this is not a game where you want to stand around any longer than necessary with your eye pressed up against a weapon sight.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I haven't tried to remove that visor but I did play around with the launcher as in firing rockets at nothing and then remotely control that rocket by way of moving my launcher around. As long as you don't lock on a vehicle, it can still be used like a Carl-G. Plus the side effect of having a cluster bomb payload.  :-D

Dweller_Benthos

Did someone say something about mortars? Got yer mortars here:

Death from above

Also, bet you never ran over a bird in flight with a gyro-copter! Funny dumb luck.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Cool, D_B - it would be fun having your co-op partner man the mortar and you to be able to see the cluster explosion from first person perspective

I wish the mortar was portable like in FC2.  Lots of fun to attack an outpost with that

Dweller_Benthos

At the one outpost, the mortar is in the back of a truck, but the truck doesn't run, it would be cool to have a mortar truck to drive around in, since the range is a bit limited on them, but that would make it a bit OP, rolling up on a hill above an outpost and raining fire down on them. But that's not much more OP than using the gyro-copter and grenade launcher, which I do all the time. the next video will have some of that action.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Nice  :-X

When riding shotgun in the gyro, I'm using my entire arsenal, and am not limited to just sidearm.  Fun to hover above an outpost and rain down RPGs, 40mm, sniper, and automatic weapon fire

Binnatics

I can feel a modding request already ^-^

fragger

Quote from: mandru on January 12, 2015, 07:47:59 AM
I believe I came across a comment somewhere that once you've added the L-CAM sight to the LK-1018 it can not be removed to return the weapon to it's original function of painting the target with the laser and having up to the last second (before impact) control over pinpoint targeting.

There was some buzz about this possibly being corrected through the updates.  Has that happened yet?

I wasn't aware of that, I'll try and find out next time I'm in-game.

Quote from: mandru on January 12, 2015, 07:47:59 AM
On the other hand it has been solidly demonstrated that this is not a game where you want to stand around any longer than necessary with your eye pressed up against a weapon sight.

That's largely true. I've had more than a few instances where I've been sighting something only to hear a growl and see a flash of red and disengage from whatever sight I'm using only to find something big and furry chewing on me :-\\

fragger

Question (I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere, but I don't know where to look) - what do you guys recommend for recording vids? I've had some cool moments in FC4 which I would have loved to have captured and shared, but I don't know what the best way is it go about it... :-\\

Example: I'd been driving a vehicle, chasing a courier, and clobbered him using drive-and-shoot. He fell out of his 4x4, and I pulled over so that I could loot him. Just then a Royal Army truck came down the road towards me and I plugged the driver. He fell out, the truck swerved to one side, went up a slight hillside, turning the whole time, then nose-dived off an embankment and crashed right into the vehicles (mine and the courier's) that were still on the road. All then went up in a massive fireball.

Man, I wish I could have captured that sequence :D

PZ

The only one I know of is Fraps, which continuously buffers the past 30 seconds of video.  If you see you want to continue recording past the 30 second buffer, simply hit the record key which then saves the past 30 seconds plus anything else until you hit the stop key. The CPU overhead is low - can easily record on my old PC.  Fraps can currently record up to 120 frames per second, I think.

Someone else might know of a different solution.

nexor

I also only use fraps, one time after recording an attack I was launching in FC2 I forgot to stop the recording, I continued playing for about another 3 hours, eventually when I saved and logged off I discovered Fraps was still recording.
Only problem is, all that recording fills up your hard drive very quickly, to solve that problem I have a 3TB secondry HD only for Fraps

Tags:
🡱 🡳