Videos

Started by Dweller_Benthos, December 29, 2014, 06:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Just finished the second fort in the southern map - the one on the eastern edge.  Three alarms, but not too difficult to go in completely silent.  The only problem is that there were two heavies, and I did not have the AMR, so the last they I had to do by take-down

Spoiler

nexor

Love it, my heart was pumping, and I was only watching the vid  :-X

Don't you have the Buzzsaw PZ? it turns the heavy's into mince  :-D

Art Blade

nice one  :-D Your SA-50 may not be as powerful as an AMR but it is powerful enough to kill heavies with a headshot.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Did the required 3 Hurk missions, linear as the main missions but lot of action and enjoyable.
That released the harpoon gun, very cumbersome, not a weapon for fast reaction and quick shooting.
I liberated two outposts and tried to use it as much as possible but got killed more times than I can recall.
I would only use it if I'm out for some fun, otherwise not the weapon for me.
I compiled a clip with a few harpoon shots, was very difficult to get some nice hit without being shot to pieces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJHD2uMUYu4

PZ

Thanks guys - for some reason I've only had success using the SA-50 when shooting a heavy through the face plate when trying for single shot kills - didn't want to take the chance since there were only two bad guys left and I had the opportunity to take them down since I could get both from behind from my vantage point.

Yes, I have the buzzsaw, but wanted to try completing completely undetected.

Man, that's quite a dart, nex - really throws the targets far!

I really like the planning it takes to successfully go in completely silent, and take out all alarms - typically from several different directions as you set the stage.

You're going to love the open world parts of the game, mandru - the game mechanics seem quite a bit better than what I remember from FC3

Dweller_Benthos

Another compilation of clips.

Some dude walks right into the gyro-copter blade and regrets it.
I try to do a sneaky take down of some army guys at a hostage rescue but completely screw that up and have to go with the smg. sigh
Then I put some C4 and mines out in anticipation of some army guys showing up, and they do.
Flying in Shangri-La? No problem.
Noore's fortress, where PZ did it silent and undetected, I do it loud and messy.

Trapped
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

nexor

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on January 22, 2015, 09:05:16 AM

Some dude walks right into the gyro-copter blade and regrets it.
What an idiot :lol
You deserve +1 for that one DB

nexor

I often go silent PZ, that is of course if the darn animals won't try to have me for breakfast.
I take the Z93, AMR, the bolt shooter and the buzzsaw to have a selection of silent and load weapons

I will try and get better shots with the harpoon gun next time  :-D

mandru

Jeez D_B, you got the blame for his death even though it was a clear case of Darwinian intervention.  ???

Nex, there's quite a sweet bit of knock back to that harpoon gun.  >:D

Thanks for sharing the vids guys.  :)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

The harpoon gun is amazing indeed. But I miss the rope. I thought it would be a tool to attach yourself to a raging Rhino or a mad shark. Would be just the kind of outboard motor you'd want >:D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

D_B, cool fortress liberation  :-X :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks guys.

The harpoon gun looks cool, what do you have to do to get it normally? I've done a couple Hurk missions and he's shown it to me, but it hasn't appeared in the weapon shop yet.
D_B

mandru

Here you go D_B.

Quote from: nexor on January 22, 2015, 08:14:13 AM

Did the required 3 Hurk missions, linear as the main missions but lot of action and enjoyable.
That released the harpoon gun, very cumbersome, not a weapon for fast reaction and quick shooting.

- mandru

PZ

Cool video, D_B  :-X

Art Blade

the harpoon seems to be the right tool for rhinos  :-D

PZ

The buzzsaw is not bad either  >:D

Art Blade

oh yes :-() And as D_B showed, C-4. I like sticky C-4 a lot. Toss it at wild animals and let them run around with a pack on their back.. then press "ignition"  >:D

nexor

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on January 22, 2015, 01:24:47 PM
Thanks guys.

The harpoon gun looks cool, what do you have to do to get it normally? I've done a couple Hurk missions and he's shown it to me, but it hasn't appeared in the weapon shop yet.

I don't know about other game versions D-B, included in the version I have is Hurk's Redemption Limited Edition with activation key which gives you three missions.
After the third mission the harpoon gun became available in the Signature weapons slot

PZ

Just did the burning the drug fields mission, and it seemed only proper to use a flamethrower as my main weapon against the mercs  >:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAMfg_R45kU#ws

OWGKID

You mean the Royal Army?   ;) ;)
LEGACY

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks guys, haven't been offered the third Hurk mission yet.

Did the first Willis mission last night, funny line referencing FC3 "At least you're better than the So-Cal douche-bag I had to babysit on my last mission"

LOL perfect description of What's-his-name Brody or something. Might be one of the reasons I never really got into FC3 much beyond completing it, the main character you play as is pretty much unlikable.
D_B

mandru

A brief comment on Jason Brody's namby-pamby reaction to skinning animals:

Spoiler

After the first 20 skins or so    \:/    Grow a pair and get the hell over it!

...Thank you for you patience.  We now return you to your scheduled programing...
- mandru

PZ

Quote from: GKID7891 on January 23, 2015, 01:00:21 AM
You mean the Royal Army?   ;) ;)

Actually, no - Art also tried to get me to call them that, but they look way more like a rag-tag merc force than army members, especially "Royal"  :-()

OWGKID

Quote from: PZ on January 23, 2015, 08:26:36 AM
Actually, no - Art also tried to get me to call them that, but they look way more like a rag-tag merc force than army members, especially "Royal"  :-()

You should call them "Royal Mercs"  ;) :-() :-()
LEGACY

nexor

Tags:
🡱 🡳