Lazy Sunday Morning Music

Started by Binnatics, February 26, 2012, 04:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

That's a funny song :)

But crikey... When I play that clip an ad pops up at 0:11 from the Australian Government saying, "Every cigarette you don't smoke is doing you good". If I click on that it brings up a whole page of anti-smoking propaganda: smoking-related health issues, stuff about the dangers of nicotine addiction, quit-counseling phone numbers, smoking horror stories... and all because there's a brief reference to smoking in that goofy little song. For crying out loud, why can't these bleating taxpayer-funded Dudley Do-Rights get a sense of humour and give the crusade a rest for a bit? Don't they realise what a pack of dull knobs they are? Aye yie yie... (shakes head) ::)

fragger

Sorry - didn't mean to wet the mood - carry on

Binnatics

Funny that this happens over there. Glad the Australian government is leaving me alone :-()

I'd prefer, like you, to decide myself weather I smoke or not, and when I remind myself of any bad habits. Imagine the engine they provide to have pop-up messages like these w@&k all over Australia :o

...funny by the way, the songtext says; "I keep hearin' you're concerned about my happiness... While you 'n your friends're worryin' bout me I'm having lots of fun"
It's alomst like the government wanted to make a fool out of himself.
And all that because of the phrase "Smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo"

....hahaha, nevermind Fragger, sidenotes are always enriching the fora :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

Quote from: Binnatics on February 26, 2012, 08:26:34 AM
....hahaha, nevermind Fragger, sidenotes are always enriching the fora :-X

:-D Glad you feel that way! I don't want to be thought of as a cranky ba$t@rd - even if I am one :-()

Binnatics

Art Blade

my government, in form of copyright blahblah yaddayadda, took care that I can't even see it to begin with.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Oh, no, this is getting annoying :angry-new: I wish there was a way to pass by that freekin control overthere :-\\

Art Blade

How about you guys call yourself "allies" and invade us again?  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Binnatics

That's quite a drastic bypass operation then ^-^

\:/ "We will bring free, uncensored internet to all you people!!!"

mandru

Art, I don't know if the Statler Brothers received permission from Captain Kangaroo to include mention of him in their song but I'm sure he would have put up a lot less fuss than you Govt. is kicking up over copyright infringements.

What is that mess Art?  Point blank censorship across the board for all western music?  ????

You would think that a song published in 1965 would have been old enough to slip through the fingers of the iron grip that seems to be in place over there.   :D

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on February 26, 2012, 01:41:04 PM
How about you guys call yourself "allies" and invade us again?  :-D

... to relieve you from the oppression of the censors?  :-()

Art Blade

First, it should have read "yourselves" as I was referring to the lot of you :)

Second, it is not exactly the government but a company (GEMA) and artists pay for services so the company keeps an eye out for copyright infringements and every time someone plays a song by an artist who is a customer of GEMA they will pay a certain amount to the artist.

Third, yes, an invasion would ensure a closer contact and that a certain someone keeps an eye out and by that to encourage that certain someone to whip out a massive fly swatter in case things go tits up. :-D

Binnatics

If you listen to the lyrics, this song can only be classified as a lazy Sunday morning song ^-^

Fiction Plane - Two Sisters (Lyrics)

Fiach

WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳