caption contest 1

Started by Art Blade, April 17, 2009, 01:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I think this screenshot is destined for a caption contest. So here you go :)

please post your caption in bold letters

[smg id=95]

Stop everybody, STOP! I've run out of ammo, ok?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Oh... so that was really your sister huh?
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

JRD

Any chance we may discuss it as gentlemans at Mike's?

PZ

Well..... look what we got here!

(I just love what they say in the game...)

Art Blade

LOL yea :)

Hold it! That guy in the flower box! I can't aim straight because he makes me laugh so hard! Can someone please cover him before we go on?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

First of all, great idea for a caption contest.   Definitely submit more.

I easily would have stolen from Shrek and submitted "Can't we just settle this over a pint?" But it's too close to JRD's second submission (ya beat me to the punch)

How about "Look...guys...I thought that Datsun was community property!"
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

harharhar! nice one, spaceboy!

and since PZ and I (and I reckon all of us) like those merc lines,

Jesus Christ! Let's bring this on! I've seen you! You are nothing, and I'll make you a whole lot less than nothing!

(at least if my memory serves me right)

retiredgord

HEY MATE. WE DON'T WANT NO TROUBLE.!!
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

hahaha, you got that one down Art!  It's difficult to beat those in-game lines we've all heard so many times - I laugh just thinking about some of them.

Art Blade

hehehe! They are just great. I am so happy they kept the humor of FC1 which had a lot of this stuff in it too...

In FC2 I like this combo so much: by voice, the white arrogant ba$t@rd with his false assumptions ("There are at least two guys, thats for sure!") and the goofy black sod (everything blows up and gunshots everywhere and he goes "We're under attack?!") LMAO  :D I love the role that black voice has, see my signature ("who? where who is?") he in particular makes me laugh most. They remind me of Stan&Ollie :)

spaceboy

In the final act as you approach the end of the game.  Some dude was muttering "I just wanna go home, I don't want to die"   Funny how the tides changed...

JRD

And how about "I think I've seen four guys" ?

It makes me smile and delight

PZ

Yeah, it is quite funny how their attitude changes (along with their dialog) as your reputation level changes.  The other black guy I just love to hear is the one speaking South African - remember the guy on fc2world that had recently signed in from South Africa?

Art Blade

spaceboy, I've heard that one once in Sefapane and it was quite shocking. I must have had injured a merc (not knowing, I thought he was dead) and I had to deal with quite a bunch of his friends. When I walked around after everyone else was shot dead, I saw him lying on the ground and he just then said "I want to go home..." followed by a death grunt... I felt really bad  :-\

JRD, yeah, I like that too, and he also sometimes says "I don't know, 2? 3?" lol

PZ, I love that south african line when he goes like (translated) "god damn, just the perfect time" (the rest I don't understand) -- he does that when he has to reload his weapon amidst a fight LOL

PZ

You know, maybe it's so funny because we've grown to know the mercs so well - almost like old friends... almost

Art Blade

almost :) They are funnier than you can shake a stick at  :D

Art Blade

Ok, ok, you got me. A fresh start is out of the question I believe?

JRD

Err... this is not the AVON convention is it?

PZ

hahaha!  you guys are great!  There's little better than getting a good laugh - good for the soul!

Art Blade

lol true!

STOP! Nobody moves! I've just lost one of my contact lenses!

JRD

Hahahahaha... I was thinkig about something like that...
The guys to the left seems to be looking for it as we speak :D

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on April 17, 2009, 03:05:24 PM
LOL yea :)

Hold it! That guy in the flower box! I can't aim straight because he makes me laugh so hard! Can someone please cover him before we go on?

That guy has nothing to do with your buziness... he just  had one too many Polack Conection at Mike's and couldn't make it home...

spaceboy

Quote from: PZ on April 17, 2009, 05:52:41 PM
You know, maybe it's so funny because we've grown to know the mercs so well - almost like old friends... almost

You know it PZ, in Far Cry 2 your friends and the mercs aren't too different from each other...

spaceboy

Quote from: Art Blade on April 17, 2009, 06:24:19 PM
Ok, ok, you got me. A fresh start is out of the question I believe?

How about:   "Time out, Time Out...I SAID TIME OUT!"

or:  "Look guys, I was joking, geez you take everything so seriously"

JRD

or even...
itchy finger, itchy finger... man, I said I was sorry about your friend!!!

Tags:
🡱 🡳