Did an interesting thing this morning...

Started by PZ, March 30, 2009, 05:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

... kind of like the truck bomb thing of a few days ago, and reminiscent of D_B's car bomb.  Took a mission from 'ol Frank at the marina bar which sent me to the dental clinic.  Decided to go to Port Selao and then take the fishing boat close to the dental clinic.  Because Mosate Selao is on the way, I sort of created a mission for myself (buttressing spaceboy's comment about replay value).  Here's the plan:

... stopped by the armory at the marina and picked up IEDs, hopped the bus and ended up at the stop by Mosate.  Stick 2 IEDs to the Jeep and drove it to the same place that I had parked the big truck bomb, but because the Jeep is small, was able to gradually w@&k it between the concrete barriers and into the town streets.  The mercs there were nervous (kept saying "this ain't right...") but they did not interfere with me.  Parked the Jeep in front of the UFLL headquarters, right next to the door man, then went to the front of the church and casually sprinkled 5 more IEDs around the area.  Then made my way up into the church tower (3rd floor), and I was ready...  I planned to wait until large numbers of mercs were near the car bomb and the other IEDs, then torch the lot.

Drew my AK and fired a few rounds into the air - no response... a few more and still no response... finally one round into a merc (didn't want to hurt him... yet...) and the rest of them woke up and started swarming the area, especially in front of the church beneath the ledge where you can't see them.  Fortunately that was exactly where I'd placed the 5 IEDs.

Threw grenades having a great time sending bodies in all directions until I ran out, then firing the AK now and again to attract more mercs to the area.  Finally when they were as thick as flies, pulled out the detonator and the resulting blast almost threw me out of the window.  Should'a heard the chorus of "ahhh....hhhhaas" as bodies went everywhere.  Must have done away with most of them because when I went down the ladders and out the through the hole in the fence, not one merc was to be seen...

Dweller_Benthos

heh, that's pretty funny. Reminds me of what I do in the towns when I have the trainer running. The trainer has a no clip mode that's kinda buggy. It works great to let you walk through walls and stuff, but it has a nasty side effect - it makes all bots fall through the ground to their deaths. Kinda sucks if you want to get into a building and still have the bots there, since they are all killed, but in town with a lot of bots around, the never ending death screams are pretty funny. Not to mention watching them disappear into the earth.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳