Mercs Say The Darndest Things

Started by eor123, March 18, 2010, 09:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eor123

I started keeping notes on some of the funnier things the Mercs say when hanging out or in a fire fight.

As your reputation increases the things they yell out in combat are often so hilarious it breaks my concentration.

These are certainly not word-for-word accurate as I have to pause the game and make notes on what I had just heard but they are pretty close and capture the overall feel.

"It's him! What do we do?!
"What do you mean? Shoot him you Goddamn idiot!"

"What do we do?"
"We kill the ba$t@rd!"
"Nobody can kill him!"
"Shut the Hell up!"

"Let me be clear. f@#$ off."

"I don't like to be stared at. f@#$ off."

"There's a limit to the stupidity I can handle."

"Oh no! It's him! It's that psycho Merc everyone's on about!"

Bloody Hell! It's Him!"
"Watch it! This guy's messed up!"

"Yeah, well back to the salt mines."

"We gotta charge! I'll cover you!"
"Are you nuts? I'll cover you!
"Shut the Hell up!"

I'll add more as I come across them.

I'd love to get the complete script of the guy who carries on about having "no money and dying in this Hellhole" "

"I never should have answered the Goddamn phone. I never should have gotten on the Goddamn plane. I never should have taken this sh!$ job. Now I"m going to die here in this Hellhole. "

"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

He also says "I should never have gotten out of bed"  :)

Nice topic, mate  ;D :-X

Oh, I like:

"Did you learn that stare in the mirror?"
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

Quote from: eor123 on March 18, 2010, 09:53:16 PM
"I never should have answered the Goddamn phone. I never should have gotten on the Goddamn plane. I never should have taken this sh!$ job. Now I"m going to die here in this Hellhole. "

That one sounds like it could of been said by any Politician or Civil Servant on the wrong side of the 'People'.

The NPC's who speak in Call of Pripyat are no where near as humorous as the Merc's in FC2, suppose its that grim, stoic Soviet outlook on life. They just tend to be blunt and t the point with the occasional threat or insult for good measure.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

AC2 has a couple of nice lines. Caterina, a noble woman, shouts down a tower towards some aggressors: "I'll kick you so hard in your balls, they'll come shooting out through your nostrils!"  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

A conversation that always cracks me up is two of the mercs talking.

Merc 1 "Yeah? Well if he shows up here I'm just going to bugger off into the brush."

Merc 2 "You'll stand your ground or I'll shoot you myself!"
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

lol, good ones - I don't recall hearing those before  :-X

eor123

Quote from: mandru on March 19, 2010, 08:33:36 AM
A conversation that always cracks me up is two of the mercs talking.

Merc 1 "Yeah? Well if he shows up here I'm just going to bugger off into the brush."

Merc 2 "You'll stand your ground or I'll shoot you myself!"

So that is what they are saying...I've had trouble understanding that one.

At times the accents and the relative low volume make them hard for me to decipher.

I wonder what the Mercs who are speaking the non-English languages are saying?

I assume they are using Afrikans, Swahili, and Russian?

Even I am not enough of a geek to figure that out.  ;D
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

I recognised Cape Dutch (aka Afrikaans), and at least two African languages/dialects, one of which was the click-language. I didn't recognise any Russian.

Art Blade

PZ

Nice one GP - I may be able to add something as well  :-X

Dweller_Benthos

PZ, didn't you say once you have the sound files extracted and playable? If so, it should just be a matter of queuing them in winamp and sitting back....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

eor123

Hearing a new phrase in Pala recently -- from a threatening merc. 

"You better be set to do the business."

eor123

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on March 19, 2010, 01:28:46 PM
PZ, didn't you say once you have the sound files extracted and playable? If so, it should just be a matter of queuing them in winamp and sitting back....

I extracted the music and set up a play list so I could listen to it at w@&k, but I didn't look for the merc lines - probably easy enough to do though.  I might take a look when I get a chance.

eor123

Some misc. references to yours truly while hanging out in Pala with a Level 3 Rep:

"I heard that ba$t@rd took four rounds to the chest and didn't stop grinning."

"You think that nutjob's gun ever jams?"

"Between The Jackal and this psycho merc running around I'm amazed we aren't  all raving lunatics.

"What you should be watching out for is that psycho butcher that out's there killing all of your friends."

"That mad freelancer could show up at any moment and your on about cricket?"

"Oh Christ, don't look now!"
"What does HE want?"

"You sayin' an independent merc is making parasites appear among the men?"
"It's  possible. You know that."
"Yeah, whatever. Hey...what's that in your hair?"

And some trash talking between factions...

"Hey! You know what I like about this cease fire?"
"What?"
"I get a good long look at you animals. It's like visiting a zoo. I realize you're nothing but fat lazy slobs!"
"Come a little closer and I'll rip your arm off!"

fragger

Nice one eor, I haven't heard any of those lines before :-X :-X I've got to hang around town more often...

eor123

Hearing all this is a little tricky...you have to get close enough to hear it but if you get too close they stop talking and stare at you or walk away.

There was an interesting exchange in which one tells the other they got a case of beer. The second says something like, "Yeah..that's a great idea...getting tanked when there is a psycho merc on the way."

I've got a recorder setup --- nothing digital, though. The next time I get them cornered in a firefight I'm going to try and record some of the funny stuff they say when you have a Level 2 or 3 Rep.

mandru

Not an exact quote but I've overheard a conversation along the following lines.

Merc 1: A few years ago my folks paid $3000 for an African safari and here I am getting it for free.

Merc 2: Hey! No pay, not enough food and some psycho is buggering off all your mates. You're getting the full meal deal!
- mandru

eor123

Quote from: mandru on March 21, 2010, 06:44:32 PM
Not an exact quote but I've overheard a conversation along the following lines.

Merc 1: A few years ago my folks paid $3000 for an African safari and here I am getting it for free.

Merc 2: Hey! No pay, not enough food and some psycho is buggering off all your mates. You're getting the full meal deal!

I heard that but my memory of it to was too sketchy to post. I think you got it. I love that exchange.

eor123

From a firefight with a Level 4 Rep...

"s#!t, I was right. The whole time in this country I knew it. I knew I was going to die in this bloody place. Oh that's true. Got no money. Got no passport. Got no ticket home. Now I'm going to die in this Goaddamn Hellhole.

"s#!t. I never should have gotten the damn phone. Never should have got out of bed. Never should have got on that fucking plane. Never should have taken this s#!t detail. Never...

"Hey! Hey! Let's make a deal, man! You hear me? Just let me walk, man! Come on! I'm not ready. I'm not ready for this. I got bills to pay. I'm not ready!"

Art Blade

There's one along the line of

"Jesus, don't let me die. Don't let me die here in this fucking hellhole, not like all the others. I just wanna go home, I wanna go hoooome!"

mandru

For the merc that delivers the line:

Quote from: eor123 on March 23, 2010, 11:20:44 AM
From a firefight with a Level 4 Rep...

"Hey! Hey! Let's make a deal, man! You hear me? Just let me walk, man! Come on! I'm not ready. I'm not ready for this. I got bills to pay. I'm not ready!"

I heard your words and considered allowing you to walk away but even while your mouth was pleading for mercy your rifle was clutched at the ready and you were advancing on my position with grim determination.

Too bad for you.  Eh?.  :-*
- mandru

eor123

Heard a new one last night.

Had two mercs cornered in a downstairs room of the villa. As I walked into the villa and positioned myself for a shot one merc fired and apparently hit the other, prompting the second to yell, "Hey! Hey! Don't shoot!"

eor123

And that Yabek on the barge under the bridge...boy does he have potty mouth.  I thought I would bypass the bridge blowup side mission and kill him the old fashioned way. That turned out to be a bit tough as the mercs around the barge are numerous and heavily armed.

"f@#k you! I have a gun! Suck my d@#k!"

I suppose he was expecting Michelle.

I chose to lob a frag in his direction instead.  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳