Journal Entry: Frank Bilders vs the College Boys

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 29, 2009, 02:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Seems Frank has a bone to pick with quite a few people. Some guys double-crossed him or something, didn't quite pay attention, but he wanted some supplies destroyed. Sure, why not, I figured, I liked blowing stuff up just as much as the next guy, so I took the job.

They had stored the supplies in the old Polytech on the river north of the airfield. Kinda a pain to get to, patrols and guard posts the whole way. Fired quite a few rounds from the mounted grenade launcher in my truck. Once I got to the Poly it was more grenade rounds, but those buggars were tough, had to dismount and mop up with the PKM and a few mercy killings with the machete to save ammo.

Found the supplies in the back room of one of the buildings far from the road. Of course, make me w@&k for it, I thought. Once quick toss of a grenade later and I was on my way, back through the same guard posts and patrols I had smeared on my way up. Where do they keep coming from? I thought. This country seems to have an endless supply of crazy bastards ready to get killed.

Back at the marina bar, I told Frank the score was even. He seemed to be happy with that and went back to his drink. Just another day in paradise I thought to myself.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Love your stories D_B,

Every one of them I read takes me back into the game, even when I'm away from home.  Almost as fun as playing myself!  I'll bet that one of the reasons that people like us enjoy the story mode (SP) is because like a good book, we can use our imaginations to gain a greater appreciation of the theme - and also like an enjoyable novel, playing the game means something a bit different to each of us.

DKM2

I like Frank, I always make sure I got a few cold ones on hand when doing those.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Tags:
🡱 🡳