Fallout 4 Screenshots

Started by Binnatics, November 19, 2015, 03:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OWGKID

:laugh: >:D Can you use it to put out fires? 8-X
LEGACY

Art Blade

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on May 09, 2016, 07:49:39 AMSomeone with more forum voodoo than me please make that small?

Done. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: OWGKID7891 on May 09, 2016, 09:35:33 AM
:laugh: >:D Can you use it to put out fires? 8-X

I suppose you could beat them until the go out, lol.

ps, thanks, Art!
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

OWGKID

DB, to decrease/increase image size, use the following argument when using the "Insert image" function [img height=xxx width=xxx][/img]
LEGACY

Art Blade

image size, it's already enough if you define the width. If it doesn't blow the forum's layout sideways, it definitely won't regarding height.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I really like your new avatar, Art :-X Who might that be?

Art Blade

cheers mate :)

It is Lo Wang, the main character (you, the player) of Shadow Warrior (2013) whose main weapon is a katana. The pic is taken from the virtual concept art book. Wielding that blade, it is actually the avatar that goes best with my name :-()

fragger

That must be a remake. There was a game of the same name that came out in 1997 which used the "Build" engine (which was originally created for Duke Nukem 3D). I remember the name "Lo Wang". In the old game he was essentially an Asian Duke Nukem and would say things like "Nobody mess with Lo Wang!" (with exaggerated Chinese accent). When you began a new level or respawned after death in a MP game he would open with the perennial Chinese stereotype: "Ah, so!"

Quite a funny game as I recall, with the same kind of tongue-in-cheek, politically-incorrect humour as Duke Nukem.

Art Blade

you're absolutely spot on, and it's great. :) It was supposedly mostly a graphics overhaul. The fun is very much the same as in Duke Nukem. And by golly, the slicing and dicing is bloody bloody. :-D

Here three pics in spoilers so it's not too much of a hijacking here ;)
Spoiler

[smg id=8726 type=preview align=center caption="sw 01"]
[smg id=8727 type=preview align=center caption="sw 02"]
[smg id=8728 type=preview align=center caption="sw 03"]

Binnatics

I bought the game on the special rebate at Steam but haven't gotten into it yet. GTA is still occupying my mind too much :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Quote from: fragger on May 10, 2016, 06:12:01 PM
I really like your new avatar, Art :-X Who might that be?

:-X

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, I saw Art playing that in Steam and that brought me back, I played the original Shadow Warrior quite a bit. Well, all the way through anyway. All those old games on the Build engine, or Quake engine or the Unreal engine. Matter of fact, I spent so much time in the Unreal games I skipped the first Half Life game entirely.
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

[smg id=8729 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Typist Strong"]
For a change of pace, I took Strong the super mutant along for the ride while Curie was busy getting her synth body ready. Just to see what happened, I went to the Prydwen to drop off some quests and wanted to see if anyone had anything to say about me bringing a mutant aboard, as the brotherhood considers them filthy dirty animals only fit to be exterminated. No one said anything, even when he helped himself to a terminal, supposedly to check his e-mail, I guess.

It was a bit different when I brought Nick Valentine along with me. Since he's a synth, the brotherhood really doesn't like his kind. He even mentioned when we arrived that it might not be a good idea to bring him aboard. Then, while I was doing stuff, one of the brotherhood guards mumbles under his breath as Nick walks by "Abomination" which Nick replies, "Well, nice to meet you too". Interesting. I didn't bring Curie in her synth body up there, but since she looks human, they might not notice.

[smg id=8730 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Arena overview"]
I did some more w@&k on the arena. Added two more capture cages, these for the human enemies, one for raiders, one for gunners. I plan to let them out and have them fight a bit, then let out the deathclaw to see how things go. Did some improvements to the walkways around the top edge as well. This aerial shot lets you see inside the bunkers that protect the power generator and the beta wave emitter, which is now turned off, to allow things to follow their natural course instead of making everything tame.

[smg id=8731 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Arena aftermath"]
A shot after I let out the animals, before I built the new traps. The two radstags and the deathclaw are all that's left, the yao guai was turned to glowing ash when Paladin Danse, seen here running through the carnage, shot it with his laser rifle.
D_B

Binnatics

Nice :) You think you'd be able to post a video as soon as you got the arena fully operational?
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

nice experiments and ideas, D_B :) +1 :-X from me, too, if a tad late ^-^

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks. Yeah, I guess I could post a video, though it's not that exciting, maybe once I add more capture cages, it will be more exciting. Right now, I usually open the cages one at a time, and shoot the released occupants for the loot drops and experience points. It's essentially a fish in the barrel scenario, and not much going on.
D_B

mandru

Typist Strong!  ^-^  +1

Anticipating the invention of Touch Screens, supermutants in the course of accessing terminals probably account for a fair amount of the broken computer workstations scattered throughout the game.  :laugh:

D_B I'll stick with the vanilla version of FO4 but I can see that some of the construction materials you've gained through modding are impressive.

Oh, and a heads up on Curie.  She's a scavenging pack rat!

Her initial preference is melee.  So right off the bat (once she got her synth body) I loaned her my Pickman's Blade.  She wields that knife with an almost scary deftness.  A joy to watch I've seen her deliver fatal damage to a Legendary Human or Synth enemy with a combo move where she makes a left handed grab and body slam followed by a quick triple stab while they're stunned on the ground.

But I noticed that in mid combat situations other ranged weapons started popping up in her attacks.  It crossed my mind when she whipped out a Gatling laser that I needed to check her inventory to trim her surplus carry weight and that thought reoccurred when I encountered a close in-fighting situation where I couldn't see the enemy I was trying to fight because she'd cut loose unexpectedly with a heavy flamer hosing us both down.  :o

It wasn't until she started acting more feminine through her affinity level-up I thought it would be nice to allow her to strut her stuff in style.  I tried to switch her out of the previously equipped MkV ballistic weave military uniform to one of the casual outfits (shirt and shorts that can also up graded to equal protection values) that still leaves the arm and leg armor slots equippable.  But on my trade request I received the message that her carry weight was maxed out.

The girl was freaking carrying an arsenal in her bag of tricks.  Her inventory was packed tighter than Mrs. mandru's purse.  :o

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

:-D

do you guys know that ONE bullet for a weapon is enough if you equip your buddies? They never run out of ammo with just one bullet, I heard  :)

Dweller_Benthos

The one bullet thing only applies to settlers, not companions. I gave piper a gauss rifle and couple hundred rounds for it, and she drained that in the first couple fire fights and went back to her 10mm, which is the weapon she comes with, and does have infinite ammo. But yeah, Curie is a melee monster, I gave her the 2076 world series baseball bat and it was great fun to hear the crack of the bat and crowd roar as she'd get a home run with it, sending her target flying into next week.

Someone posted this on reddit, to get an idea of her melee skills:

https://fat.gfycat.com/ThunderousHarshAsianconstablebutterfly.webm

Click that link, the forum doesn't like webm, I guess.

And the stuff I'm building at the arena is all stock items, no mods, it's the Wasteland Workshop DLC that gives you the concrete walls and capture traps.
D_B

mandru

OK.

So you are using FO4 vanilla with pay for play downloadable sprinkles.  ;)
- mandru

Art Blade

just checked that vid, D_B, and I'd call that a pretty impressive AI combat skill. :-X

mandru

Wow!  Some serious upgrades for Curie.  I too just looked at that video link and was shocked at how devastating as she has become there.  I'm thankful that's not my sweet little Pot de crème Curie.  Good grief someone gave that kitten claws!  ???

At full affinity neither Cait nor Piper are anywhere near as doe eyed gushy in love with my character as Curie.

I've been trying to fight chronic unhappiness in my settlements.  I hate it when I'm checking the settlement workshop data list and see a settlement has 89% happiness but is flagged with a critical < ! >  " warning that there is a problem.  I've needed to strip out all TVs and Jukeboxes as there's a known bug when those are present.  I no longer fast travel out of settlements as it can cause all w@&k and sleep assignments to be lost so walking off a ways before hopping to the next location is a must.

And last but not least settlers are happier if you spend a full day in town with them.  So once I've run around a settlement making a few tweaks the settlers might like I find an unassigned bed and sleep for 24 hours.

About half of the time on waking up I find that Curie has climbed into bed with me and offers up with bedroom eyes a sweet little complaint like "Oh, do we have to get up already?" which is something that I've not experienced from either Piper or especially Cait.  Her sultry comment "...What I really look forward to, is the nights" implies there's something going on while I'm skinned out of my power suit and asleep.

I suspect Curie (character scripted) is so all-in head over heels because she has no previous experiences in love/hate and has thrown herself into the tsunami of feelings and states as much with a comment that "You are so deliciously distracting."  I seriously don't think that even my Titanium Painted XO-1 torso with a pocket full of stimpacks and fusion cores would save me from a Curie at full affinity in the Tigress modifications (as shown in that video) should she ever hit a "You have what I want and I'm taking it NOW!" mood.  8-X

- mandru

Art Blade

goodness gracious, what kind of a game are you playing ??? Next, she'll be on the lookout for some rare books by Charles Bukowski and going to have you read them to her. Or else. :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳