Started by Binnatics, November 19, 2015, 03:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

#1 That is one ugly baby :-D

#2 lol "ultimate swirly" :laugh:

PZ

Quote from: fragger on March 18, 2016, 04:45:51 PM
#1 That is one ugly baby :-D

:laugh: Although I must say that is an adult skull, not a baby or even a small child.  Maybe some pervert cut off someone's head and placed it in the carriage  8-X

Dweller_Benthos

Could be, or they just couldn't get the skull to scale properly when they placed the model in game. I don't recall if I could pick it up or not, I didn't really linger there, it creeped me out a bit, lol.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

There are tiny skulls in the game.  The super mutants have an equippable waist cloth with two or three small skulls for decorations.  I scavenged one of them from somewhere to equip Strong for a while at least until I located some more substantial leg armor for him.

By the way Strong was the toughest companion to gain max affinity that I've encountered so far.  Cait, piper and Nick were pushovers compared to Strong who "doesn't like it" when you crack safes or hack terminals and prefers it when you smash or slash your enemies when fighting along with him over the usage of ranged weapons.  Oddly enough though under Strong's search for "finding the milk of human kindness" he does like to see you help people or solve problems for them.

Rethinking my run with Strong it would have probably been best to save him for free roaming the wasteland until after I'd established my bottle cap wealth base and added a couple levels of the scrounger perk under Luck that would have let me find more caps.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

That's right, forgot about the super mutant armor. So, who knows then? I have met Strong, but I think I'll leave him alone for a while, at least until I get my melee attack up to snuff, so I can bash things to satisfy him.

In the meantime, I've been exploring the Glowing Sea. Nice place, wouldn't mind a vacation home there. For those who don't know, the Glowing Sea is where the biggest bombs dropped and turned the place, well, glowing. Pits of radioactive slime, dirt and rocks fused into glass, all the good things. Wearing power armor is almost a must, to fend off the radiation. Or a ton of radaway drugs to cure yourself every five minutes. Some of the places are so "hot" that you'd die pretty fast without some kind of shielding. Oh, and did I mention the friendly inhabitants? After fighting radscorpions and deathclaws all the time, seeing some molerats or blood bugs is a relief.

[smg id=8665 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Buried"]
Poor guy got caught in the worst of it, and as the ground melted around him, almost made it back out. Almost.

[smg id=8666 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Buried"]
Different angle to get another perspective.

Things in the Glowing Sea are pretty rough. The few places you find are so destroyed they are tough to even recognize as to what they once were. Most of the videos I've seen don't spend any more time there than absolutely necessary, but I found it's a nice place to gain XP levels pretty fast, as the enemies are all pretty tough and you get a lot more XP from them than normal. Of course, without good armor and high level weapons, you'll just have a bad time.
D_B

PZ

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Strange place indeed. I'd only get sick of seeing that colour everywhere, let alone the rest of the environment and side effects :o

Your description somehow makes me think of Ravenholm. The creepiest place in a game I've ever been through ???
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Dweller_Benthos

Yes, very much creepy like Ravenholm, though with constant radiation-induced lightning, blowing winds and strange creatures lurking about. Pretty much every video I've seen where someone goes there, they comment on how cool the place looks, but it's also a bit depressing it's so ominous, that you want to leave as soon as possible. There are the rare times when the lightning storms stop and it almost clears off, and it becomes less ominous, but still very atmospheric.
D_B

Binnatics

Impressing how these developers can create a virtual environment where you feel uncomfartable and want to leave. That was indeed the same in Revenholm, although also intrigueing
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I had that feeling when playing STALKER
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Me too, especially at night. Those nights were flipping DARK, like actual nights, not like Far Cry "nights". I just wanted to hide and wait till morning :-\\

Ravenholm was one of the very few times when I have actually been made to feel quite nervy in a video game. First time through I was like, "Do I have to go into this place? I really don't want to..." :-()

Dweller_Benthos

Right, I mean they specifically tell you not to go to Ravenholm, then of course, you have no choice... Same goes for the Glowing Sea, you really don't want to go there, but you have to.

The latest DLC is the Automotron quest line to find and stop the Mechanist from unleashing killer robots all over the place. It's a fun quest, and the ending was tough, since the game keeps track of how many bullets you have, and I used one gun almost exclusively, I know how many shots I took. I had well over 1100 bullets for that weapon at the start and ended up with just over 700. That's a lot of lead, some of those robots are tough to take down.

First a couple obligatory teddy bear shots.

[smg id=8675 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Bedtime"]
A young bear gets a story before going to sleep.

[smg id=8676 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="friends"]
This guy knew where to find comfort in his last minutes, a pack of smokes and his favorite teddy.

[smg id=8677 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Brains"]
The DLC adds the robobrains from the previous Fallout games to Fallout 4. Here's the first one you get to interact with, and that's only the tip of the iceberg once you find where these things are made....

[smg id=8678 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Extraction"]
This is in the factory where the brains are extracted from the host. Doesn't appear to be a pleasant place, and note the shackles on the gurney. There are several dozen or more brains in jars in this place, waiting to be inserted into robot bodies. Criminals were used as donors, whether they wanted to or not, it appears.
D_B

Art Blade

OWGKID

??? Nice pics, you have a great time with this game DB  :-() Maybe I should buy this game some day on a $team $ale and install lots of mods etc  :-D
LEGACY

Dweller_Benthos

It is pretty fun, I never played a Fallout game before. The first two are those sorta 3D top down at an angle sort of games, that never interested me. I never looked into Fallout 3 for that reason, I thought it was more of the same at the time. I've since seen videos and such and a friend gave me a copy of FO3 and New Vegas, which I just installed before FO4 came out, so I didn't try them too much. I may get back to those two after I'm finished with FO4, but that will be a while I think.
D_B

OWGKID

Haven't played a FO4 game or any Bethesda game, but I like shooters in general so I should give this a try  8)
LEGACY

Dweller_Benthos

You can just ignore most of the RPG elements and play it as a shooter, that's for sure. That's mostly the way I play it. I also don't use the VATS system much at all. A friend who's played the whole series told me they added that to FO3 so that RPG fans could play the game without being very good at the FPS portion. It essentially stops the game so you can pick what enemies to shoot, and at what body part. In FO4 at least, you have to put a lot of experience points into the attributes that make VATS w@&k better, otherwise, it's no where near as accurate as I can be just with iron sights, with a sniper weapon, it can't even come close to what I can do. But then, I haven't put a lot of points into those attributes to make it better, since I had little interest in it.

It's definitely a fun game, and very extensive, maybe not to the level of GTA5, but the map feels as large, but maybe because you have to walk everywhere, lol. There is fast travel, of course, between points that you have discovered, but in a lot of cases, unless you're traveling to a secure settlement, you might end up right in the middle of a pack of raiders and instantly have to shoot your way out. Then again, that might be the kind of fun you want.
D_B

OWGKID

Sounds like fun indeed  >:D :-D
LEGACY

mandru

Irish Pride Industries Shipyard (home of the wannabe mirelurk trainer) has an open top bin where there's a teddy bear playing chess with a skeleton.  :-D

- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

I've been through Irish Pride, but don't recall that one, must have missed it. Or didn't think at the time to grab a screeny.
D_B

mandru

I looked at the two of them a while before I realized what I was seeing.

Starboard aft (the right side as in "you hold your bottle of port in the left hand so you can reach for the stars with the right") not on the ship but on the mooring deck alongside.  :)
- mandru

Art Blade

nice mnemonic mandru :-X :)

fragger

I have to ask, Art - what is the story behind your new avatar?

Dweller_Benthos

Art has recently been betraying his lady love, GTA5, for a simple country girl called "Space Engineers".

I seriously was mystified when I saw the Steam notice pop up "Art Blade is now playing Space Engineers" - I had to read it twice to be sure what I was seeing.

Oh yeah, for the port / starboard thing, there's also the color of navigation lights to go along with that, being red/green. Short words go together, so, left=port=red and right=starboard=green.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳