Fallout 4 Screenshots

Started by Binnatics, November 19, 2015, 03:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

that new building of yours looks fit for starting your own religion  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

The Church of Dwellerology :angel:

Impressive piece of architecture there, D_B :-X I guess you could call that the "Don't go away mad, just go away" style :-()

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

heh, it does look church-like, now that you mention it. I built another structure to replace the other scrap building I had, but soon ran into a problem. Each settlement has a build limit, as Mandru mentioned in the tips thread. Thing is, you can cheat the build limit by dropping high-level weapons (or anything really, but high-level ones seems to w@&k better) on the ground, then using the build interface to store them in the workshop, where you can then retrieve them unharmed and do the trick again. This lowers the build limit so you can build more stuff. Turns out you can do this too often, as I found out. Lag when in the area is one problem, but outright game crashes are another. When loading the game that was saved in that settlement, it crashes half the time. I've also had at least one blue screen crash as well. So tricking the system to build more stuff may be OK to do a couple times, but several times, as I have in that area, are just too much for the game to handle. I went around and scrapped a bunch of stuff that I didn't really need anymore to lower the complexity so that it won't lag as much and hopefully won't crash as much anymore.

Probably no more pics from Fallout from me until Nuka World DLC comes out, if then, as of course, No Man's Sky is now out.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Yep, giving NMS a break and playing the Nuka World DLC for Fallout 4.

Seems mannequins are the creepy go to thing in Nuka World, as they are now animatronic and articulated, so they can pose in all sorts of positions. Some are also powered and can move, making them even more creepy. As usual, it didn't take long to find a bathroom scene, not sure what is going on here.

[smg id=9154 type=preview align=center]
D_B

mandru

Funny stuff D_B.  :-D

While this is not quite a screenshot and not from my personal game play I did laugh my butt off when I stumbled across this.

http://imgur.com/gallery/kue6PvC
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

"Oh no, I lost my earring!"

"Well, it didn't fall in the can..."

Dweller_Benthos

haha, funny! (both Fragger and Mandru)
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

Mannequins are at it again, not sure what went on here, or if it references something, but I think that guy had a bad time.

[smg id=9197 type=preview align=center]
D_B

Art Blade

he died. I think "had a bad time" is an understatement. :-()

Dweller_Benthos

Meanwhile back in Fallout.....

Nuka World has three dominant raider gangs, this is in the Disciples territory, they are ruthless killers who like torture and blood. So, of course, a mannequin kissing a severed head, I mean, why not?

[smg id=9213 type=preview align=center]

Piper, of course, isn't fazed at all.
D_B

Art Blade

fragger

They sound like a bunch of real party dudes ???

Art Blade

I reckon they're the type who take "gate crashing" literally. :-D

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Dweller_Benthos

Yep, did it again, the Nuka World DLC added 10 new achievements, so I got all those too, making it complete again.

[smg id=9346 type=preview align=center]

So, unless they add more DLC, which may or may not happen next year, I'm pretty much done with Fallout 4. There are a few minor things I can do, but for the most part, my quest list is empty.
D_B

PZ

Congratz, D_B  :-X

Looks like you've had a long run with the game filled with lots of adventures and experimentation - an excellent open world experience.

mandru

Way to go with meeting the requirements for the achievements D_B.  :-X

I'm still having a gas spending at least 3 hrs a day rampaging and thrashing the bad guys of the Commonwealth in the vanilla version of FO4.

It was only a week ago that I finally achieved a full 100% and Benevolent Leader having 22 settlers using an enclosed three level 8X7 footprint enclave on Spectacle Island.  The 6X6 square mutfruit plantation at ground level is protected on all sides with cement foundations.  The first floor up is populated with 18 shops and an inner balcony that looks down on the garden and the top level is the sleeping dormitory which again has the overlook balconies inwards to the garden as well as added pleasant outwards facing balconies.  The shop and living levels are both fully carpeted and decorated.

The settlement on Spectacle Island has only been attacked once by a comparatively ill prepared band of five supermutants who were killed by the level 1300 defensive infrastructure of laser canons that I'd installed and the fact that I'd stripped away all of the trees from the hill side they'd attempted to approach from.

I happened to be onsite (in build mode so I had no warning it was coming) at the time and it was all over before the first settler had a chance to say "What just happened?"

Since then I've had two other settlements unexpectedly hit the 100% mark.  Ironically those other sites managed it with a lot less attention to detail and w@&k than I poured into getting Spectacle Island just right.  ::)

As I see it I've still got a lot of fun to squeeze out of FO4.

Now if I can only get the ghouls at The Slog up into a high enough happiness level so that the workshop menu isn't continuously listing them as being in distress.  :-D

- mandru

PZ

I still have the game on my shelf as one to w@&k on one of these days, and I'll use the settlement techniques you chaps have posted to double my fun.  Of course, modding will be heavily on my mind.  >:D

Dweller_Benthos

Nice, Mandru, I wasn't aware you were playing, I guess I don't have you on my Steam friends list. I also can't imagine doing that much settlement building without mods, the two most important being Scrap Everything and Place Anywhere. Names are pretty self-explanatory.

I only got one settlement up to 100%, that's Longfellow's Cabin in Far Harbor, turns out he's not a picky fellow, give him some crops to tend, send over a couple dogs, trap a couple cats to hang around, add some power for lights and a couple machine gun turrets for defense and he'll be 100% happy in no time. The rest of my settlements are pretty poor affairs, Sanctuary being the only one I do anything of significance in, and then I've hit the limit a few times and got to the point if I added anything it would crash so I don't do much there anymore. Most of my settlements are barren and empty. When I did the raiding quests from Nuka World, the raiders would arrive and complain "There's no one here to kill? What gives?" Then I wasn't satisfied with how that all pans out, as there are glitches where you might not be able to get the settlements back again and Preston is permanently mad at you after that, so I used a mod to skip the raiding part and continue the Nuka World quest line separate from anything in the Commonwealth. You don't get nearly as much out of it that way, but it doesn't mess up your main game either. Someone on Reddit said that Nuka World was like the last thing you did as a kid when building with Lego, once you have everything built nice, you smash it apart and put it away. So raiding from Nuka World is like smashing everything you did in the Commonwealth and then you finish playing the game.
D_B

mandru

Several months ago I went on Steam and used the add friends link to look up Art trying to friend Art and received the notice that my account wasn't allowed to do that.  Maybe it's because of my long history of bad mouthing Steam but anyway I closed that session out and I've not gone back into Steam again since.

Because of my rambling around exploring and avoiding most of the major missions early on in my game play I'd encountered almost all of the settlements and completed their affinity missions before Preston had a chance to nag me that they were in trouble.  Once I could access their workshops it only seemed natural to create better housing, fortify and automate defense systems for them to assist in their survival.

I wouldn't call the housing I've created barracks as that implies a certain level of order and uniformity of structure.  My design efforts are mostly quick and dirty with attention to getting the job done quickly and with as little wasted material as possible.

Then again my designs would get me banned from most architectural schools.  :laugh:

From the center of a settlement you can place a long straight ladder on the ground and keep stacking them, reaching for the stars (so to speak) to find the ceiling of that location.  But back on the ground you can remove that bottom ladder and the rest of the stack stays in the air instead of crashing down.  This discovery has led me to the lazy man's approach of lots of floating platforms bearing loads of generators out of normal reach and extended galleries bristling with laser canons aimed strategically at the most common directions attacker approach from.

I know it's inelegant and probably would be considered cheating by perfectionists but I'm pragmatic and will lean on the altered laws of physics in the post-apocalyptic remains of the Commonwealth.   >:D

If I arrive at a settlement that has damaged stores, water pumps or anything else needing repair I diagnose the history of the attack by seeking out the raider's (dropped on death even if their bodies have had time to clear away) weapons to see where I need to add lasers to deal with them.

I neglected to mention that the inner 6X6 square garden I'd mentioned in my Spectacle Island build has an open air atria.  The upper floors trace the outlines of the outer walls (with only a slight inwards overhang) leaving the garden free to receive rain and sunlight for at least part of the day.
- mandru

Art Blade

steam is a bit strict these days when creating a new account. Some things can only be done after a waiting period of two weeks, some require one month. I think too many people abused the easy way it used to be for scams of all kinds so Valve/steam is now taking precautions.

Dweller_Benthos

I do pretty much the same, Mandru, I use the shack bridge platform and put turrets up out of reach, though they somehow still get damaged. I think the game just tosses a coin and decides if an attack was this size and lasted that long, then this amount of resources would be damaged, and picks a couple at random to damage. I've had crops that were no where near where the attack was get damaged, there was even a video someone posted after an attack was over, his crops started to spontaneously die around him as he watched, with no one alive nearby. So defense by inaccessibility doesn't w@&k. If the coin toss decides something will be damaged, it will, no matter where it is or how well defended.

So, I did a few minor things, visited a couple settlements that had the "zero resources" bug, where all of a sudden a well equipped settlement no longer has beds or food, then went to Nuka World for one last look, took the elevator to the top of the tower in the Galactic Zone and while Piper had a smoke, looked out over the park. So, until a new DLC comes out, or some other reason crops up to run the game, I'm pretty much finished.

[smg id=9347 type=preview align=center]

Steam says I played 639 hours, which is pretty close to accurate, I don't leave the game running without playing usually, my last save says something like 22 days and a few hours, but that doesn't include the times I've gone back to previous saves to try something different. 26 days and 15 hours. Almost a month. The game released sometime late in November, so let's say 11 months ago. Out of those 11 months, 1 of those months was spent in this game, give or take. The only other game I've spent more time in that I recall was Minecraft, no way to know total time, but that's been out 5 years now. Even Unreal back in the late 90s I don't think I spent that much time. Maybe Battlefield 1942, but I doubt it, though if you count all the time I spent modding and map making for that game, it might come close.

I did pretty much everything you could do, saw everything there was to see (almost) so I definitely got my money out of it. The only thing I could do now is start a new game in survival mode where the enemies are much more tough, you can't carry nearly as much, and have to worry about getting enough to eat, drink and sleep. Plus diseases to catch and find cures for. I may try it, but the problem with that is, there is no way to save except by sleeping in a bed, and how the game crashes, that might be a hindrance. I don't know, I may try it just to see.....

Edit: Well, maybe I'll go back, forgot about mods that add new things to do:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19171/?
D_B

mandru

Man, I hate that zero resource bug!  You hop to the settlement with that going on and being present fixes it but still you get angry settlers scolding you because there's no beds or water.  I've heard that not using fast travel from within the boundaries of a settlement will reduce the occurrence of that bug as well as another bug where every settler forgets their task and bed assignments but I've yet to see a total fix of those problems.  :D

On resources like generators and defense units I've noticed that I can target them in VATS and get a reading on their level of damage.  That way after a particularly brutal raid I can give the settlement a walk through to scavenge and replace any units that are on their last leg so that all equipment is at full health in a situation where an attack occurs while I'm engaged elsewhere in build mode.  As far as I've been able to determine being in build mode blocks the settlement so you only find out about them after the fact.

For me the settlement aspect of the game is secondary.  I'm all about the carnage.  >:D

My chief interest in settlement management is to get them to a point where they are self sufficient and can take care of themselves so that I can go about my rampage of clearing the scum out of the Commonwealth.  :laugh:
- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳