Fallout 4 Screenshots

Started by Binnatics, November 19, 2015, 03:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on February 22, 2016, 08:04:15 AM
I just might do that anyway, inevitably, some NPC will wander through the room and disturb everything, it's happened before.

Uhh...  Maybe add guard rails that you can hop over but they can't for stuff you don't want them to disturb?

For character roll playing I think I'd like a stylized western gunslinger that's always has a duke hanging out of the corner of his mouth with that perpetual curl of rising smoke.  ;)

In FC3 we never actually got to smoke any of the Cohibas that were scattered around throughout the game.  :)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: Art Blade on February 22, 2016, 09:15:58 AM
well, shoot them.

yeah but they do w@&k for me like growing food and scavenging parts.

Quote from: mandru on February 22, 2016, 09:29:28 AM
Uhh...  Maybe add guard rails that you can hop over but they can't for stuff you don't want them to disturb?

For character roll playing I think I'd like a stylized western gunslinger that's always has a duke hanging out of the corner of his mouth with that perpetual curl of rising smoke.  ;)

In FC3 we never actually got to smoke any of the Cohibas that were scattered around throughout the game.  :)

I tried walling one of them in, and as long as I stayed in the area, they were trapped, but once I left, the area does a sort of reset and they go loose. I suppose I could block off the door to keep anyone from going in, but then I'd need to remove it each time I wanted to go in. Ah well, not that big a deal.

I will try to equip the cigarette though, see if it dangles from the character's mouth, that would be kinda funny, but I doubt it will let me do that.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

OK,  hmm...  This morning I'm finding the Shout Box has vanished on the home page and I'm not able to make quotes when posting.

On D_B's last post but he said:

"I tried walling one of them in, and as long as I stayed in the area, they were trapped, but once I left, the area does a sort of reset and they go loose. I suppose I could block off the door to keep anyone from going in, but then I'd need to remove it each time I wanted to go in. Ah well, not that big a deal."

It sounds like when you're not in a settlement and it's not being graphically rendered the NPC objects stop existing but when you return they are dropped back into the map randomly limited to their placements for the beds and tasks that you have assigned them.

I do recall there was one gamer I came across while watching play through vids on YouTube.  He had commented on the problem and his solution for settlers disturbing him while he was working or knocking over placed items as well as the ongoing annoyance of brahmans getting themselves stuck on the top floors of his carefully constructed buildings.

He constructed the utilities/facilities for what was necessary to keep the inhabitants of his settlements happy and cared for but reserved that first Red Rocked fueling station for his use alone building it into an operational hub for his own personal needs and to have a place he could be free from settler interruption.  I thought it was a smart idea and intend to give it a try in my own builds.

Edit additional:  Ah!  The shout box is back.  ^-^

- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, pretty much the only way to keep settlers from messing up your stuff is to build where there aren't any settlers. lol

But yeah, everything pretty much resets, to what default I don't know, if you're away from an area for more than 2 or 3 games days, I think.
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

[smg id=8623 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Paddled"]
Yes, one skeleton wearing a dress, seated on a makeshift toilet, with another skeleton bent over with a paddle board on his bum. Nice way to meet oblivion....

[smg id=8624 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Driving"]
.... but not as bad a way as this fellow, who had a little too much to drink and expired while expelling.

[smg id=8625 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Skulls"]
Added a few more decorations to the pool room, some mounted trophies and a row of skulls on the shelf. You can pick up skulls all over the place, and I have a ton, it's just really fiddly to get them on the shelf and sitting right.
D_B

PZ

The toilet pervs look funny  :-()

Art Blade

toilet pervs :laugh:

nice home there, D_B :) kinda funky  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

:-D  :-X

I recognize "Paddled" above from Spectacle Island.  I chuckled over the imaginative usage of a cutting board.  Actually it reminded me of mom.

Spectacle Island is a nice little vacation spot after you've paid your respects to the King(s) and Queen.  With a little pest control you'll be right at home.  ^-^

I've also heard it's a good place to base a settlement as it's protected by water on all sides.  Lots of shoreline also means you have a lot of locations to set up a purified water farm which some videos are touting as an excellent perpetual bottle cap .

I'm not having much luck with the water farm I've set up at Sanctuary.  I've got 4 of the big generators and 8 industrial purifiers (balancing power output to consumption exactly) so in the build mode stat bar it shows I'm getting at least 210 units of water daily so that far exceeds the needs of Preston and the original four settlers that came in with him.  So they are happy as clams with a comfort rating of 80+ but after a solid week the machines are failing to send any of the excess to my workshop inventory so I can't load up and cart extra water around to sell to the various merchants I come across for gear and caps.

If I catch one of my settlers wasting all that extra water I'm gonna skin them and they'll end up in a super mutant's meat bag.  :angry-new:
- mandru

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Yep, Spectacle Island, though I've heard it's difficult to get provisioners there, as they either drown from the swim or die from the radiation. One option was to only use ghouls as provisioners to that location. I had a bit of a mess with the Queen, though. I had intended to use the artillery to take her out, but she had the audacity to walk out of the barrage zone before it arrived. Had to wait until another was ready, then missed with that one too. Had to finish up with my .308. But I wonder, if you hightail it to the siren after turning the power on, will that just make her go away?

I also almost never get purified water, but then I haven't set up a lot of them either.
D_B

mandru

Provisioners drowning?  Yikes!  I hadn't heard mention of that.  Not a good situation.  :-[

I think because my level was so low when I tackled Spectacle Island I've only cleared it to 50% even though I finished the queen off by retreating deep into the shelter that has the activation switch each time I could draw the queen close enough to shoot at her from near point blank range.  Turning the switch on and off kept her fairly aggravated.  :-D

I searched for any info on glitches and fixes for water purifiers failing to feed into my settlement stores and I've found that each day you have to remove the entire inventory of purified water (possibly even farmed veggies too) because if there's even 1 unit in stores then the daily refill from your purifiers won't happen.

- mandru

Art Blade

good find mandru :)

And I liked the "fairly aggravated" bit  :-D

Dweller_Benthos

I had only heard of the provisioner problem at Spectacle Island in passing, so I'm not 100% sure on that. I've never tried to send one there. Just having them wander around the normal roads is bad enough, and I've lost one, it seems, as her supply line no longer shows on the map, and the mod I installed to tell me where they are no longer pinpoints her on the map, so I guess she got waylaid on the way somewhere or glitched out and disappeared.

Finally got the 11 ball I needed to complete my billiard room, and added a brahmin trophy, plus some giddyup buttercups I found, one of which seems to like standing on the pool table, along with the head of another one, lol.

[smg id=8634 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Pony"]

The giddyup buttercup is a toy robot horse for kids, and the adverts show a price of $13,000 which just goes to show how much inflation they had just before the war, as even the magazines you pick up have a cover price of $35-$40 and the comic books are priced at $9. So if $9 is pocket change for a kid to buy comic books with, $13,000 for a toy lines up with that.
D_B

Binnatics

Wow, +1 for completing that task on the pool table D_B! Quite persevering there :) :-X

Now see if there's still someone out there to play a little ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

[smg id=8637 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Checkers"]
What else do teddy bears do after the apocalypse? Drink beer, smoke cigars, and play checkers, of course. Makes the time pass more quickly on those cold nuclear winter nights.
D_B

PZ

:laugh: :-X

I'm assuming you placed those there?

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Nope, all of these are exactly how you find them in game. It's really tough to try to place things that exactly, and the way they are holding items is impossible to do in game.

[smg id=8648 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Shore beer"]
Like this guy, he liked his beer so much, he never let it go, even after the bombs fell. I usually pick up these beers, but I left this one, as the guy must REALLY like beer.

[smg id=8649 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Tubing"]
This guy was having so much fun riding the waves in a tire, he didn't even notice armageddon when it arrived.

[smg id=8650 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Grognak Piper"]
I put Piper in the Grognak outfit, just to see how it looked on her. Not bad.

D_B

PZ

The unique detail is amazing  :-X

Art Blade

nice pics :) I like the Shore Beer pic because it looks so.. real(istic) as in the graphics quality seems to be really good.

Binnatics

Indeed nice pics! I'd say surreal. I was also looking at that first pic, and it made me think of Salfador Dalí's paintings
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Dweller_Benthos

[smg id=8659 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Baby"]
So far, I've only encountered baby carriages that were empty. Not this one. I wish it was though.  yeesh....

[smg id=8660 type=preview align=center width=400 caption="Plunger"]
Talk about the ultimate toilet swirly.....

D_B

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳