Jackal Tapes Glitch?

Started by eor123, December 29, 2009, 08:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eor123

I saw reference to this on the FC2 facebook page but had not paid any attention to it until attempting a "Grand Play-through" of FC2 in which I complete all missions and gather all diamonds and tapes on the Infamous setting.

Every Jackal tape I have found in Act II [Bowa]  is the one in which the Jackal is describing the kid removing the boots from a dead APR Merc.

I am not getting credit for finding the additional tapes.

The Predecessor tapes are not effected by this glitch.

This is marring what has otherwise been a "perfect" play-through on Infamous setting -- well...if you don't count  getting killed on a regular basis.  ;D

I have to admit...if and when I finally get through FC2 in Infamous, I may be ready to put it away for a while. This is a struggle.

FYI: Xbox360
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

There is a glitch some of us have experienced. We have a huge topic dedicated to the Jackal tapes glitch here  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Hi eor123!

About the Jackal tapes glitch, maybe you want to read a bit about it here. Some members found the same glitch as you did and apparently its a well spread glitch. Not sure how it can affect your "perfect" playthrough though.
I'm not sure if anyone here ever finished FC2 on infamous accomplishing all missions and collecting all tapes and diamonds (RedRaven, maybe?) but good luck with that and let us know how it goes  ;)

Btw...  I'm not on Facebook or Twitter or any of those social networks but it seems funny to have a FC2 facebook page
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

JRD

Damn you Art... you were one click faster than me this time  ;)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

eor123

Quote from: JRD on December 29, 2009, 09:15:02 AM
Hi eor123!

About the Jackal tapes glitch, maybe you want to read a bit about it here. Some members found the same glitch as you did and apparently its a well spread glitch. Not sure how it can affect your "perfect" playthrough though.
I'm not sure if anyone here ever finished FC2 on infamous accomplishing all missions and collecting all tapes and diamonds (RedRaven, maybe?) but good luck with that and let us know how it goes  ;)

Btw...  I'm not on Facebook or Twitter or any of those social networks but it seems funny to have a FC2 facebook page

Sorry... I should have searched before posting a new thread about it.

31:26:48 played so far. 40/40 side missions done and about 35 diamond briefcases remaining. Just blew up the garage in Sefapane so the the end of Act II is on the horizon. This is quite difficult. I'm walking a lot -- fewer surprises that way. Good thing I'm so obsessed...uh...I mean patient.  ;D
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

Quote from: eor123 on December 29, 2009, 11:48:16 AM
Sorry... I should have searched before posting a new thread about it.

Don't worry. If you have any questions, just ask. You'll either get an answer or a link where you may find further informations, but nobody will get upset if you didn't find the answers yourself. Better ask twice than never  :)

JRD

You may as well get the same answer twice...  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

You may as well get the same answer twice.

:)

mandru

The Jackal tapes while being a nice addition to the game play because of the look they give us into his head and an extra element of accomplishment by collecting them all are not critically necessary. They don't unlock anything or by not collecting them the flow or progress of the game is not impeded.

At least on PC, I'm not sure if this has an adverse affect on the XBox.

I'm sorry you're having a problem with this. Whenever I have encountered an insurmountable bug I usually just start over and hope for a better run the next time around.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

eor123

The tape thing is just unfortunate as I was trying to do it all this time through.

Made a really dumb mistake that screwed up my "do-it-all" play through.

Blew the pipeline before destroying the pumping station. My Chinese buddy called me and expressed his disappointment.

Unfortunately, I hadn't kept my back up save point very current. I decided to go back through several hours of play to do it right. I tried to continue as it was but it really bugged me. Obsessive? Yep.

My record keeping of diamonds got trashed as well -- had to reconstruct it using the in-game map, traveling from grid to grid, reacquiring them. Almost caught back up on diamonds but still have a few missions to redo.  I was within 10 cases of having them all. The redo put me back about 30.  :D

Marty is getting quite a workout, rescuing me as I travel around picking up diamonds. It always seems to be the last or next to last guy that gets me ;D

The hardest diamond case so far is the one accessible by hang glider that flies off the rail crossing.

I was shot down four times just as I was about to reach the rock ledge -- twice with a sniper rifle and twice with a rocket. Mercs in Infamous Level are bad azz mofos, fer sure.  ;D

fragger

Quote from: eor123 on December 30, 2009, 03:14:41 AM
The hardest diamond case so far is the one accessible by hang glider that flies off the rail crossing.

That one's a bitch to get. I only attempt that at night, preferably if it's raining, then they don't seem to be able to spot you as readily. Try to stay over the middle of the river until you're getting close to the diamond ledge. Incidentally, you don't have to land right on the ledge where the case is. You can land on the ledge below it, face the cliff, move to your left, then keep bearing right. You'll go up and around and eventually find yourself on the diamond ledge.

eor123

Apparently, the game is convinced I collected all of the Jackal tapes as I received the Pulitzer Prize Achievement when I handed them over to Reuben.

Would have liked to have heard the others, though.

BTW...is that Oliver North's voice on the Predecessor tapes?. Sounds a bit like him to me.

RedRaven

Oliver North is the inspiration for Chris Coopers character, Conklin in the Bourne Identity.

(nothing to do with FC2, just saw it on a documentary last night, then his name pops up here!)
;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

The only time I heard all of the tapes correctly was when I had installed the game for the very first time - before any patching.  I actually might dump FC2 off of the console and start completely fresh - no patches.  In fact, I never really noticed anything different by doing those updates - never encountered any of the claimed bugs/glitches.

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: eor123 on December 30, 2009, 03:14:41 AM

Don't bother with the hang glider, just do the rock-hop:

[smg id=126 type=av align=center]
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

That's great!  :-X

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on January 04, 2010, 12:00:39 PM

Don't bother with the hang glider, just do the rock-hop:

I've spent a couple hours total looking for that climb up spot to avoid the hang glider trip down from the rail crossing and could never find it but with the info from that video I was able to zero in on it pretty quickly.

Thanks Dweller_Benthos that's going to make getting that case a lot easier.
- mandru

KingRat

I had managed the climb for that diamond on both the x360 & PC, but I needed the glider to get the one on the ledge just to the left of the bridge...go figure  :D

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: KingRat on January 05, 2010, 01:09:23 PM
I had managed the climb for that diamond on both the x360 & PC, but I needed the glider to get the one on the ledge just to the left of the bridge...go figure  :D

You mean this one?

[smg id=123 type=av align=center]

You can also park a boat next to the rock itself and jump from there, so I hear.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

KingRat

Yep, maybe I didn't try rock hopping on the PC? I found hopping on the PC much easier than the x360 for some reason  :D

mandru

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on January 06, 2010, 11:56:16 AM

You can also park a boat next to the rock itself and jump from there, so I hear.

I always use a boat to get this specific diamond. After killing the two mercs on the East side of the river I use the boat that they have there at the dock and swing over towards the ledge the diamond case sits on.

There is a vertical "V" shaped notch running up from the waterline in the otherwise evenly curving rock face that the nose of the boat fits perfectly into. Jumping up on the right (starboard lol  :P) gunwale and squeezing past the mounted gun as you move up to the boat's nose allows for an easy hop up onto the lowest part of the ledge and an easy climb up to the case.

The "V" notch right at water level can be seen clearly, if only briefly, at the 36 second mark of the video Dweller_Benthos has so thoughtfully provided. At that same time mark you can also see the little ledge that would be on the right side of the boat's bow that ramps up to the case.
- mandru

JRD

I had such a hard time trying to get that damn gem that I shot down everybody around me...  ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

lol JRD  ;D I sometimes do that, too :) Vent off a little and try again, refreshed  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳