Glitches!

Started by KingRat, June 10, 2009, 10:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Here is the link to the nVidia driver I installed (181.22) if anyone is interested.
Notice that I got that link from a GTA forum (I believe Hacko sent me there) and it eventually worked fine for FC2 too... only noticed the J-tapes glitch now, but don't think it's related to this particular driver as some other members are having the same issue with other drivers.

==============EDIT===============

Boosts performance in numerous 3D applications. The following are some examples of improvements measured with Release 181 drivers vs. Release 178 drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
Up to 10% performance increase in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)
Up to 13% performance increase in Assassin's Creed
Up to 13% performance increase in BioShock
Up to 15% performance increase in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
Up to 10% performance increase in Crysis Warhead
Up to 25% performance increase in Devil May Cry 4
Up to 38% performance increase in Far Cry 2
Up to 18% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID
Up to 80% performance increase in Lost Planet: Colonies
Up to 18% performance increase in World of Conflict
=======================================

Noticed a good performance increase in FC2 as now I play with AA 4x and V-sync on with smooth play.... before, I was with no AA or V-sync
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I remember the topic "the lag problem...", now you're using the same driver as I do :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

So this driver ought to be good  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

you were the first who discovered and used it, so I think it has to be good  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Hacko

I'm using the 182.08 drivers. I did use the 181.22 drivers for awhile, but I decided to go with newer ones. I don't think it will matter what driver I use, I need a new card to get GTA IV to run better and to stop the crashes that happen from time to time.

Art Blade

Quote from: Ricamundo on June 11, 2009, 04:42:14 AMwhen at the polytechnic, i heard the sound of [...] swamp boats, but neither was there.

finally found that screenshot... :)

[smg id=1326 align=center width=400]

PZ

Yeah, I know those guys - I sometimes steal their boat - manage to sucker them in every time - they really don't learn too fast  ;D

iGame3D

I get the "CLINK" sound randomly too on the Xbox 360.
No mortar guy, no boom. Just walking along in the grass and "CLINK", and I'm like WTF?

I hear vehicles all the time,  I think its just paranoia.

I like how they have the radio's in places, just to up your tension thinking you hear mercs talking.

PZ

I've come to the conclusion that the developers deliberately placed those random sounds to keep us on the edge of our seats.  It does feel like paranoia because it continuously happens!

fragger

Occasionally I hear a distant explosion, have no idea what it is.

Art Blade

probably your own grenades, fired across the borders of the currently rendered area, so it is waiting next doors until you enter that area. When you do, everything is being rendered and now, oh wonder, your grenade too, and sets off wherever you originally shot it at. At least it's halfways probable :)

fragger

Yeah, that's a possibility, I do like my M79... I'm also wondering though if it could be caused by some of the odd fires that seem to just break out in places. Maybe one of these fires occasionally reaches a flammable object and sets it off. I think, but I'd have to check, explosion sounds carry further than fire noises, so when I hear the explosion I don't hear anything else.
I'd check that sound thing right now but I'm gonna be sans PC for a few more days (sigh).

Tags:
🡱 🡳