Glitches!

Started by KingRat, June 10, 2009, 10:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingRat

Well, the other day I noticed some issues with the audio files, but before I go into that I'll tell a short story that includes some of the problem.

Had a double mission on my map; meet Frank at the garage and get the P-Tape at Dogon. After leaving the garage in a smoldering heap, and losing Frank to a misguided grenade I headed down the road toward Dogon. Of course along the road there is a side path up to a hut with a pond and diamond case. So I'm on my way to get the jewel when I hear 'CLINK' WTF? 'BOOM' mised me nah nah! Around the corner I go and this mortar guy is on me like flies on scat. Up the hill to the right I go out racing the shelling till I can get a bead and take him out. Done; finished mopping up and complete the mish.

Obvious some detection problems going on here. It's like I was 50' tall wearing a neon sign saying 'shoot me'  ;D

Anyway, I reinstalled the game and started having the same audio issues. While walking in the grass instead of hearing crunch..crunch..crunch it was crunch........crunch........only hearing every other step. This progressed to not hearing my guns fire.

To cut this tome short, I finally reinstalled XP and used the onboard Realtek sound instead of the Creative X-Fi Titanium pci-e card. Took awhile to get all my file and saves back in their proper places, but once done and started playing again everything appears to be running ok....so far.

Problem could have been the creative drivers gone corrupt, or maybe data corruption from these seagate drives I haven't upgraded the firmware on yet?....that's my story and I'm sticking to it  ;)

JRD

I had issues with drivers before:
New driver screwing the game, back to old and all is fine. Latter on, updated the driver to have a better performance on GTA and in the end this new driver works fine on FC2.  :)

I experienced a nasty lag issue, now fixed with new driver and a reinstal.

Also read about many glitches on FC2, but sound glitches seems new to me!!
As for detection, they sure can detect your presence in a mystic way sometimes, but I think the game is just like that, they hear your silenced shots sometimes and raise the alarm...
Hope now your problems are solved... let us know if we can help somehow  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Interesting - I've not experienced PC problems so far, but am using the newest drivers on all the hardware.

I do get an annoying periodic "hiss" when I drive the ATV on the PS3 - lasts for a fraction of a second, but is distracting none the less.

Other than the Jackal tape always playing the story about the kid on the side of the road with a shotgun in his lap, everything else seems to be OK.

KingRat

Seemed to w@&k ok last night when I tried for an hour or so. Today I've been reinstalling some software. AV and VMware Server plus a few others that stopped working or got wiped in the OS reinstall.

I knew there were real problems when I couldn't get into the BIOS with my usb KB, had to plug in a ps2 to make some changes.

I'll fire up the game after I get done with these other installs....BBL :)

Art Blade

good luck mate  :-X

I never had any problems (I don't call it a problem that the tapes replay the same tape) until a vid driver update lagged my game... got my old driver back and everything's just a-ok  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

No Jackal tape glitches on the PC for me - patch v1.03 installed, Vista64-SP2.  In fact, no glitches of any kind that I can find on the PC.  Now, the PS3 on the other hand...

DKM2

that's good news PZ. we're all FC2 PC PZ approved grade A ready for consumption then?
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

JRD

So it must be random and not related to the patch.

Not a big problem that prevents me to play, but I was trying to get all tapes and will never know if I actually did it this time  :(

PZ

Quote from: DKM2 on June 10, 2009, 03:03:47 PM
that's good news PZ. we're all FC2 PC PZ approved grade A ready for consumption then?

Not sure it will w@&k for everyone though - remember, I'm on Vista64 (SP2) and I don't have an XP machine that is capable of running FC2 so I can't experiment.  However, I can say that everything is working fine for me on the Vista machine!  :-X

Art Blade

================================================================================

Far Cry®2 v1.03 Update

================================================================================

- Fixed a bug with the "Jackal tapes" accounting

hah hah hah  ;D :) :( >:(

Maybe a NEW playthrough fixes it.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I don't know, Art - I'm using a saved game that you uploaded well before v1.03!

Art Blade

ah, I think I didn't pay attention.  :) Maybe for those who have still a prob, a new run does the trick

KingRat

Quote from: Art Blade on June 10, 2009, 06:00:38 PM
ah, I think I didn't pay attention.  :) Maybe for those who have still a prob, a new run does the trick

Not for me, I got the patch DL when I installed the game.

Audio seems to be working ok now, but I'm still a big TARGET! Snipers shooting me through rocks, ATP's seeing me inside safe houses or armory....I hear them roar up and start beatin' the brush outside looking for me. I've given up on stealth, just have to take out every merc within a km before I can finish a mission. ;D

I'll probably see if a save from before all these glitches started frees me up......

Art Blade

try some of our download section, saves you time  :)

Ricamundo

Well into my 5th playthru(damn, i hate getting near the end!)and the only noticeable glitch i've had this time was the big truck having no engine sound when driving it. All other types of vehicles are ok.

I did have some random sound issues a couple of playthru's back, when at the polytechnic, i heard the sound of gun trucks nearby, as well as swamp boats, but neither was there. this anomoly didn't happen this time thru the same mish.

FWIW, im on XP(sp2), and i haven't updated any drivers since i bought this PC a year ago. I occasionally get a bit of stuttering in FC2, but clearing out any backlog of quicksaves, and doing a disc cleanup/defrag seems to cure that.

I also completely delete my savegames at the end of every playthru, and start from scratch, with a different character every time.

I often wonder whether i could get a bit more performance out of my GF9800GTX if i updated the driver, but with everything set to high, it runs well, even tho FC2 keeps saying i should update when i start the game, and with little in the way of glitches, so why bother? ;)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Foghorn Leghorn

KingRat,

No driver issues for me (PS3), but I can definitely speak towards the detection problems.  What I've found (note: strictly on Infamous - I don't recall experiencing it on the other levels) is that once you reach the Southern Map, your "stealthability" basically disappears.  For example, heading to the airport to rescue Reuben, the mortar guy started firing at me when I was still on the road on the other side of the mountain (west side, I believe) that encloses the airport (heard the "CLINK!" and everything).  This happened whether it was night or day - of course, since I was on the OTHER side of the mountain, I felt that the time of day was moot, but I mention it here anyway....

Ricamundo

Quote from: Foghorn Leghorn on June 11, 2009, 04:51:01 AM
KingRat,

No driver issues for me (PS3), but I can definitely speak towards the detection problems.  What I've found (note: strictly on Infamous - I don't recall experiencing it on the other levels) is that once you reach the Southern Map, your "stealthability" basically disappears.  For example, heading to the airport to rescue Reuben, the mortar guy started firing at me when I was still on the road on the other side of the mountain (west side, I believe) that encloses the airport (heard the "CLINK!" and everything).  This happened whether it was night or day - of course, since I was on the OTHER side of the mountain, I felt that the time of day was moot, but I mention it here anyway....

Yikes! My last playthru was on Infamous(PC) and i don't recall the A.I to be anywhere near that vigilant.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

DKM2

According to Nvidia the new 185 drivers will get you a 14% increase in performance with Farcry 2 for the Geforce 9s.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Hacko

I've used quite a few drivers on my nvidia card, mostly to get GTA IV to run better. I've had a few crash to desktops lately while playing certain games, (FC2, GTA IV), but I think they are related to the card getting hot. I don't have enough fans in my quad core system. I need to get some more of those. I wanna upgrade my card too, it's a 8600 gt, which is pretty crappy in todays cards.

KingRat

I got the latest 185's and had one lockup where the driver stopped responding. Other than that it's been ok. Running a gtx260 most settings on very high w/hdr and no bloom.

I can see why Ubi was getting hammered by some, especially if they thought this 'detection' issue was normal. On a more positive note, it makes it easier to steal their assault trucks.  ;)

Art Blade

Quote from: Ricamundo on June 11, 2009, 04:42:14 AM
I did have some random sound issues ...  when at the polytechnic, i heard the sound of gun trucks nearby, as well as swamp boats, but neither was there.

I don't think that was a glitch. The polytech is located near a river, and on that river, behind a bend close to the rocks, sometimes a swamp boat patrol gets stuck. Hard to spot, but when you climb arund you'll eventually see it (I had that same moment and wondered where it came from). Also, on the other side of that river, there is a road and a ATP cruising around occasionally, so you indeed might hear that too.

Quote from: Ricamundo on June 11, 2009, 04:42:14 AM
FWIW, im on XP(sp2)
Quote from: Foghorn Leghorn on June 11, 2009, 04:51:01 AM
No driver issues for me (PS3)
Quote from: Ricamundo on June 11, 2009, 05:24:56 AM
My last playthru was on Infamous(PC)

I notice that some of you mention their system specs in your posts. There is a new feature in your forum profile where you can put that info, so it will show along with your avatar. Have a look, you'll see some of us (including myself) are using it already. Much easier that way  ;)

KingRat

Well, I spent the better part of the day sorting through saves to see where the 'detection' issue started. I had made a save just before driving the big truck into Sefapane to meet Frank. This time I managed to save Frank, and on my way to Dogon I went for the diamond and didn't hear that 'CLINK'....when I got into Dogon the mortar guy didn't target me until after I'd already sniped several of his buddies .......so far it looks like I can stealth again.  :-X

Art Blade

EXCELLENT  :-X :)

JRD

Quote from: KingRat on June 12, 2009, 06:54:34 PM
.......so far it looks like I can stealth again.  :-X

shhsh... don't say it too loud or they'll hear you  ???

;D ;D ;D

Ricamundo

I installed the 185.50's yesterday.(with a lil trepidation as i rarely install new drivers). My old driver was the 175.16's so i guess it may have been overdue.

anywho, i can't say i  notice much difference in graphics detail or playability, since it ran pretty smoothly before, but it did nowt for that glitch i had encountered with the Weelegol DJ, unfortunately.

Im thinking the new drivers may help with any new games i buy in the next year, like COJ perhaps, which looks promising.

Tags:
🡱 🡳