Vehicles

Started by deonnemiah, May 28, 2009, 05:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deonnemiah

this is prolly a stupid a$$ question but i've read alot of posts of u lot keeping cars and jsut wondering how the hell do u do that, do you just go everywhere in them or what

Art Blade

That's the idea, yes. If you want to keep it, you have to stay close to it (if you open your map, what you see there apparently is the range where your car stays, especially important if you enter a zone that has a "zoom" version of the area, for example Pala or Port Selao. Keep your car inside, at the rim of the map is sufficient, and you will keep your car. :)

and Hello by the way, your first post :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deonnemiah

That will  be it then. I Always end dup crashing the car or leaving it and aproaching onfoot because i favour a stealthy aproach and forget about the car, i prefere walking anyway,  gives you more of a chance to admire the attention to  detail, pluss this playthrough im getig all the diamoonds and most of them need you to get out of your car to reach them so i just say forget the car period.looks like ill never get to keep a car for more then 10 mins :*(

Art Blade

Doesn't really matter... there are plenty of cars. The reason why I came up with that idea was I wanted to keep a grenade launcher truck, that weapon on it was way more powerful than my side arms :) And because those gren trucks are not scattered everywhere, I had to find a way.

If you don't favour a specific type, you may as well grab one where you see it :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deonnemiah

i did like the jeep the prince gives you on the mission where you kill the king for his ring (hey it rhymes) and tag the gold for the UFLL i think it was. ill never keep one though. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(  :*(

Art Blade

look, the gold trimmed jeep is there only for a short while, because you're about to do that barge mission soon. Even if you wanted, you couldn't keep it. Any other car... you can try :) Let me rephrase: TRY!  ;D

retiredgord

Welcome to the site deonnemiah. No question here is stupid. We like to be helped and like to help out everybody so they can enjoy this game to it's full intensity.
Keeping vehicles is handy as in some cases you need them to get away to fight another day.  Also some buddy missions require you to help (read save) them.  If all  missions are not accomplished then you may have some  things not completed.  It shouldn't affect the outcome of the game but it's nice to see 100% in all the fields.
Don't forget to post some of your deeds.  We like the reading we get from the members.
(But use paragraphs when needed, otherwise  some people  may have to get up for another beer.    ;) ;)
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

Quote from: retiredgord on May 28, 2009, 06:09:52 PMBut use paragraphs when needed, otherwise  some people  may have to get up for another beer.    ;) ;)

<big grin> That reminds me of Asterix&Obelix comic books, when Obelix had been told something by Asterix, and he then repeated it to some romans just like you did :) Excellent  :-X

Art Blade

deonnemiah, I think this might be of interest for you:

Car Experiment with "lotsa pics" where you can see  how far you can actually go  ;) :)

Ricamundo

Yep, the FC2 world, and long posts telling of player's exploits, always read better thru beer coloured glasses, at least for me. ;)

About the vehicles, i left the blue gun truck from Mike's @ the bus stop @ Pala yesterday, to take a quick run up to the Cattle Xing area to rescue the plane crash buddy. 

I'm not sure how long i was gone, but when i returned i was surprised to see the same truck, still @ the bus stop. I wonder if time away also has a bearing on vehicles staying, or disappearing.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

definitely not. I rushed away and went back within a minute to see a car has disappeared.

Ricamundo

Quote from: Art Blade on May 31, 2009, 04:33:10 AM
definitely not. I rushed away and went back within a minute to see a car has disappeared.

Weird, but its happened again today. Both times i was returning to the bus station @ Pala, and i had the blue gun truck from Mike's.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

I now quoted you in a similar topic where we already have a discussion about that, so we could go on there.

To give you a quick start, here is a link to the related post.

Would be nice if we could collect ideas around that over there :) cheers

Art Blade

Actually I closed this topic, since we have everything related (including links to related topics) in

Car Experiment.

Please continue posting there :)  :-X

Art Blade

Quote from: deonnemiah on May 28, 2009, 06:00:01 PM
i did like the jeep the prince gives you on the mission where you kill the king for his ring (hey it rhymes) and tag the gold for the UFLL i think it was. ill never keep one though. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(  :*(

Meanwhile whe have gained new insight and we found you can keep a car as long as you don't use any other vehicle. The barge mission is obviously exceptional, that barge doesn't count as "vehicle" regarding keeping your car, so I am happy to tell you that PZ proved me wrong when I said,

Quote from: Art Blade on May 28, 2009, 06:02:51 PM
look, the gold trimmed jeep is there only for a short while, because you're about to do that barge mission soon. Even if you wanted, you couldn't keep it.

You actually can keep your car!

So you might want to read what PZ did :)  :-X

Art Blade

Old news for most of you, but for the new members and guests here, just an info in case you don't read all our posts:

The gold trimmed jeep cannot be kept. Any other car can be kept, even through the barge mission.

The gold trimmed jeep is somehow a special car, that will disappear once you leave it outside the range of your handheld local map view. You will finally lose it when you start the barge mission, because the gold trimmed jeep will get out of range of your local map view. That's it :)

This topic remains locked. Please use the links in the previous posts if you want to reply, preferrably "Car Experiment," to be found here (right where we discuss that gold trimmed jeep issue) :)

Thank you.

Tags:
🡱 🡳