Far Cry 4

Started by Dweller_Benthos, April 05, 2014, 05:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

durian

Thanks to FC4, I'm thinking about going back to gaming  :)

Though it's too early to conclude, but after watching those videos, I have a feeling that FC4 will be basically like its predecessor i.e. extremely linear story missions and has some outposts that can be attacked in various ways. Ubi clearly is very happy with the warm reception from both critics and gamers, therefore I argue it's very unlikely that they will change much of the formula that brought much commercial as well as critical success.
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

durian

Who Is Pagan Min Trailer
Producer Dan Hay explains about the villain in this interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBTFN_j47xU#t=40

Exclusive E3 Demo Gameplay:

Far Cry 4 - Exclusive E3 2014 Footage

PS4 gameplay:

Far Cry 4 Gameplay - Exclusive PS4 FarCry 4 Gameplay 1080p HD

Art Blade

oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

:-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

durian

The elephants kick a$$  :-X ;D

Stiku

Too many games being released in the end of this year, have to see if FC4 will be one of the games that needs to be bought.
Almost solely depends on the co-op part, and if Art and Able are around to make it interesting.  >:(

Art Blade

fragger

Double-barrel shottie, yay! :-X

Binnatics

The vilain looks like neimar jr in worse times ^-^
And the guy who's being interviewd looks a lot like the motor gang captain in the lost and damned ^-^

If fc4 makes you game again durian, that's at least one good thing.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

durian

Quote from: Binnatics on July 18, 2014, 10:57:08 AM
The vilain looks like neimar jr in worse times ^-^
And the guy who's being interviewd looks a lot like the motor gang captain in the lost and damned ^-^
Excellent observation  :-X :-D

nexor

Man, I love that shotgun

Art Blade

I'm looking forward to the silenced AS50  >:D

durian

Or the silenced version of the signature sniper rifle in FC3  :)

Just read a short article, in which Alex Hutchinson director of FC4 (he was responsible for Azz Creed 3) said the map of FC4 is not bigger than FC3's but they're aiming to make it denser.

fragger

I thought FC3's map was a pretty good size for the type of game it is.

Art Blade

it was acceptable.  :-D

fragger

It would be nice if they could drop the "north and south" concept for the map and allow the player access to the whole thing right from the start. Maybe they will with this one, we'll see, but something tells me they won't.

I don't know why they keep sticking with the idea of locking half the map away until the player reaches a certain point in the story. There are many other open-world games that let you have access to the whole map right from the beginning.

durian

Art Blade

fragger

Sounds pretty encouraging so far :-X There was a hint that they may get back to less linear, more open-ended story missions. Let's hope.

And hopefully, any tripped-out druggy nonsense will have died with that Brody kid.

Art Blade

durian

Quote from: fragger on July 27, 2014, 12:59:48 AM
Sounds pretty encouraging so far :-X There was a hint that they may get back to less linear, more open-ended story missions. Let's hope.

And hopefully, any tripped-out druggy nonsense will have died with that Brody kid.

Yes indeed. My anticipation for this game skyrocketed after reading those 2 articles.  :)  :-X

durian

Art Blade

OK, so eventually we will have to "transcend the depths" of our own mind so we may look to "our past for guidance," that means the "spiritual world of Shangri-La," in which "the rules of reality don't apply" and we have a "mythical tiger" that fights alongside us ??? :D :'( -- just like those drug-induced sequences of FC3 and just what we all needed.

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳