Far Cry 4

Started by Dweller_Benthos, April 05, 2014, 05:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I agree - poor advertising.  I will probably get the game, but if AC5 comes out first, FC4 will likely be put on the back burner until I'm tired of AC5.  It is just too much like FC3 in appearance, and I dread the idea of another "boss" encounter (I really hate those things - totally takes the immersion out of the game)

Art Blade

I'm with you there, PZ. Even more strict: I don't even think about buying it, except there is a special offer, bargain bin kind of thing.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

You're stimulating bad old memories that I thought I had repressed.  I just now remembered that ridiculous knife fight near the end.  That was even worse for me than the boss fight.

Art Blade

yep.. both of which take the fun out of the game. I think boss fights are something from and for the 1980s. We don't need that any more.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Totally, totally agree guys. And you know how I feel about boss fights ;)

That was some of the worst co-opping I think I've ever seen. I sure wouldn't want to play with that guy. With a teammate like him, who needs enemies? Even his weapon aiming sucked ::)

JRD

Moronic!  ????

There's a guy who fails to grasp the concept of cooperation. And self-preservation as well.  :-() . He managed to blow up all vehicles around him and die in two minutes. If it wasn't for his buddy, who was set on fire by him in the process of screwing up real bad, he would become statistic as well!

As for the gameplay, I could swear it is just a FC3 coop map and not anything new.  :-\\
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

yep, a moron :-D it's times like those when you're on a team like that, that you'd wish to be able to kill your own team mate without anyone noticing just so he wouldn't f@#k up the whole mission for the rest of the team. >:D

JRD

I just checked STEAM and FC4 is due next week... so my big question is:

This is it?  ????

Are they really releasing another title of this franchise that looks excatly the same as the previous one? Nothing actually seems to be an improvement... graphics and game play are all the same. Same weapons, same visual, same mechanics... even the Himalayas setting looks like the islands in FC3.

Promotional videos show a few different weapons (I think I saw a mortar), knife throwing, that clumsy gyrocopter but it all seems to be far from a "new" game release... as I posted here, it seems like a different co-op map for the same FC3 game.

Are they simply compying + pasting the same game on a new terrain model with a few textures and colors edited?  ????
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

That's what it looks like to me.  I'm going to wait for more game play videos (from real life gamers) before I invest in this one.  Besides, AC:5 is going to keep me busy for a while  >:D

Art Blade

JRD, I had about the same thoughts (looks like a DLC for or "part3" of FC3) so I am not going to buy it unless they come up with a proper price dump.

Binnatics

I wonder what will have happened with the fake mountains in FC3 when they started copy-pasting ::)

A proper price dump will indeed make me check it out probably ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳