Far Cry 4

Started by Dweller_Benthos, April 05, 2014, 05:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

If FC4 is going to have mushie trips and potion-induced hallucinations, I don't think I'll be a fan. But then, FC3 sort of grew on me after a while. I was one of the first members here to diss it and nearly gave up on it, now I'm one of the last ones here still playing it :-() I play more Civ V than FC3 though and have done all along, so it will have to be something extra-special to strip Civ of its "fragger's favourite" status.

We'll see.

Art Blade

IF it materialises I am likely to get it for tradition's sake because I played FC1, FC2 and FC3 so far. But I'm concerned about it being a UBI title.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

There is that, too :-\\

PZ

Like a kid, I'm forever hopeful

Dweller_Benthos

There were some really good parts of FC3, mostly everything except the story missions, lol. Thinking of new and creative ways to mess with the guys at an outpost, mostly.

I'll probably get FC4 if it ever shows up, just to see what it's about. I can deal with yetis though let's hope they are few and far between. Riding a snowmobile off Mt Everest would be cool though.
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 07, 2014, 08:06:01 AM
There were some really good parts of FC3, mostly everything except the story missions, lol. Thinking of new and creative ways to mess with the guys at an outpost, mostly...

So true, and I too will likely get the game as long as it is visually appealing, and is open world.  Who knows; we might become pleasantly surprised

fragger

I still enjoy FC3, there is a lot of fun to be had - as D_B says, outside the story missions, which I ignore once I get to the south island and get the wingsuit. And I'm still playing vanilla, no mods and no cheats.

I too will probably get FC4 if or when it appears.

Knightmare

Officially announced:
http://www.bluesnews.com/s/151546/far-cry-4-announced

Ubisoft has a page for it up now:
http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-US/index.aspx

Oh yeah, any yetis had better shoot lightning from their fingers and shrug off explosions  >:D

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Stiku

Hope they don't make same mistakes that they did on FC3, it was just too damn easy.
Also those damn guns didn't have any recoil what so ever.

Art Blade

not to mention the maximum linearity of the main missions. Oh and those "friends" -- if there are any characters like those, I want an option to massacre all of them. :-()

Stiku

Quote from: Art Blade on May 18, 2014, 06:39:31 AM
not to mention the maximum linearity of the main missions. Oh and those "friends" -- if there are any characters like those, I want an option to massacre all of them. :-()

That's what missions are usually, pick up something from place A, then head for place B and leave it there, then head for place C and your done.
That's essentially what missions are about, I think you would like to have tasks that you need to do for the story to advance.

Though, running around, following a truck is just stupid and makes at least me, feel like a glorified stalker.

Spoiler
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

FC2 was different by design. It was more like, "kill X" or "blow up Y" -- that's all. How you wanted to do it, entirely your choice. :)

PZ

I'm sure I'll get it, but will not hold high expectations after what they did with fc3

Art Blade

I'll get it, too, not expecting anything (good) (  :-() )

nexor

Dweller_Benthos

ugh..... the thumbnail from that video does not fill me with great expectations.
D_B

Art Blade

nope..

unless.. maybe it's Jason Brody's father?

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on May 19, 2014, 08:34:02 AM
ugh..... the thumbnail from that video does not fill me with great expectations.

me thinks we will experience another "boss" sequence  :D :-(

TheStranger

I think that the villain in the pink suit looks like Anders Breivik. Not a good idea to if you ask me...

nexor

Yep, that wouldn't be in good taste  :-\\

fragger

That's supposed to be a Yeti? It looks more like that thing from Cloverfield, scaled down ????

Not holding out much hope for FC4 at this stage, from what I've seen thus far. Riding an elephant sounds interesting but kinda dull (unless you can make it charge), a bit like going on a kiddie ride at the zoo.

Take us back to Africa, Ubi! I don't want to go to the Himalayas, it's too freaking cold there :-\\

Art Blade

maybe we can throw one another to death with crushed ice balls or try to bury one another using massive avalanches :-()

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on May 26, 2014, 03:53:51 PM
maybe we can throw one another to death with crushed ice balls...

So we kick each other in the nuts and then throw ourselves off a cliff?

:-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳