Far Cry 4

Started by Dweller_Benthos, April 05, 2014, 05:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on August 12, 2014, 05:00:58 PM
OK, so eventually we will have to "transcend the depths" of our own mind so we may look to "our past for guidance," that means the "spiritual world of Shangri-La," in which "the rules of reality don't apply" and we have a "mythical tiger" that fights alongside us ??? :D :'( -- just like those drug-induced sequences of FC3 and just what we all needed.

Why doesn't that surprise me :-\\

Quote from: Binnatics on June 13, 2014, 09:30:50 AM
Checking those previews a few things spring to mind:

"Oh, we've got a new definition of insanity!" :-D

I still think it's going to be a FC3.1 and I don't think they improved it in the aspects we'd like to see; different approaches in missions; true local atmosphere; some realism;  no key-mash-sections; good voice acting....
I'm afraid that, although it will be a nice instalment again, it will keep moving towards young, 16 year old, gamepad-freaks (Sorry Art >:D) instead of mature entertainment :-\\

But I also remember last time when most of us, including me, were buggering about the bad things in FC3 and no one seemed to actually buy FC3, and in the end we all did and all have had a lot of fun with it. So I'll just stop criticizing the previews and will wait until the result is tested by real confident reviewers ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

the fun in FC3 was everywhere else but in those drugged dream world, boss fights and linear story missions.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

durian

How To Have Fun In The Death Zone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7URAlEbFf2E

Quote from: Art Blade on August 12, 2014, 05:00:58 PM
OK, so eventually we will have to "transcend the depths" of our own mind so we may look to "our past for guidance," that means the "spiritual world of Shangri-La," in which "the rules of reality don't apply" and we have a "mythical tiger" that fights alongside us ??? :D :'( -- just like those drug-induced sequences of FC3 and just what we all needed.

Hearing those words made me sick   :D
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

same. Unfortunately so. :)

By the way, the gamescom is not far from where I live, I could literally walk over there but geez, there are too many weirdos and too many people in general, and it's never the same for a regular visitor as it is for someone with whatever "professional" background and, let's say, a golden key to those rooms the really interesting stuff is being shown to something like a "select audience" -- so I am not going to waste my time in and my money on a tin of sardines called a games fair.  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Interesting videos, but the boss-like sequences like in FC3 are a turn-off for me.  I'm definitely purchasing the game, but I'm not exactly sure if I'll like it any better than FC3, which for me was a bit of a let-down.

fragger

I agree with all of you. More mythical nonsense... Ptah. I see rigidly linear story missions, overly-long cut scenes and sucky boss fights. More pandering to the Call of Duty crowd :angry-new:

I will get the game, and it might even be fun - in places and for a while, at least - but I suspect it'll be another poor runner-up to the excellence of FC2.

Quote from: Art Blade on August 13, 2014, 01:53:07 PM
...but geez, there are too many weirdos...

:-D I'll bet.

Dweller_Benthos

Well, what I'm hearing is: "This game looks like it sucks, but I'm going to buy it anyway"

But, to paraphrase W.C. Fields, or was it Mark Twain? "Far Cry 4 is the worst game ever, except for all the other games out there"

Yeah, I'll be buying it too most likely.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

after all that nonsense about FC4, which UBI currently offers to pre-order just the same as they do with upcoming AC:unity, I decided to pre-order AC:unity. That series at least has improved a lot and the online experience with AC4BF has been great. I'll wait with my decision regarding FC4, however. It's entirely possible that I'll get it if and when there's a special offer after release.

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on August 14, 2014, 07:51:25 AM
... "Far Cry 4 is the worst game ever, except for all the other games out there"

:laugh: :-X

Like AB, I'm looking forward to AC: Unity quite a bit more because of just what he said

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

I can imagine there will be parts that are fun, and parts that we will wish had been done differently. The magic that was FC2 will probably not come along again anytime soon.
D_B

Art Blade

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on August 15, 2014, 08:02:35 AM
... The magic that was FC2 will probably not come along again anytime soon.

So true.  Although I was just getting into gaming at that time, what interested me the most was the 50x50 square kilometer world in which you could go anywhere.  I could be mistaken, but I got the feeling at the time that the developers were newly into the concept of "open world", and thereby made it feel "real" with none of the bosses, magic, and other foolery that I personally don't give a rat's a$$ about.

Now, just as in just about all other commercial ventures, they knuckle down to the desires of the greatest part of the population, which unfortunately is not us old openworldgamers

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on August 15, 2014, 07:51:30 PMNow, just as in just about all other commercial ventures, they knuckle down to the desires of the greatest part of the population

You statement reminds me of an old saying which may have been coined by some PR-guys when they thought up their slogans, at least it fits the post-FC2 franchise:

"Eat s#!t. Over one billion flies can't be wrong."

:-()

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on August 15, 2014, 11:15:13 PM
You statement reminds me of an old saying which may have been coined by some PR-guys when they thought up their slogans, at least it fits the post-FC2 franchise:

:laugh: :-X +1

Binnatics

:laugh:

You think a pile of s#!t feels popular because of all the flies that surround him? ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

durian

Quote from: Art Blade on August 15, 2014, 11:15:13 PM

:-X :laugh:

New Gameplay Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3PS-hMKMZY#ws
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

TheStranger

Wow the snow looks really great! Have to watch the whole thing today :)

nexor

Binnatics

I can run it. Triple 10 in the results ^-^

fragger

I'm in, except for maybe the graphics department (currently running GeForce GT 545). May have to upgrade... :-\\

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I should have no problems, though I forget whether I have a gforce 600 or 700 series, and no idea what model after that. I know it has 4GB memory though.

One thing I can't stand is web sites that auto-play videos, most annoying. If I want to watch the video, I'll hit the button, thank you very much. Just so they can get more views on their adverts.
D_B

PZ

Some coop game play on the PS4.  Shows the graphics quality quite nicely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBLb20rHDjQ#ws

PZ

Reminds me of the environment of FC3.  Game play appears to be much the same as well

Art Blade

yes. That guy made me cringe.. shoots with the mounted gun while his buddies walk towards his target, into his line of fire and rather than stopping, he keeps firing and of course, kills that friendly girl. Or, just a few feet away from a car, he shoots it on fire and of course it blew up and of course it took him out, too. And.. and.. and.. holy crap, as if he had never played a shooter. And his movements were.. totally off. What the hell, that isn't exactly a good advertisement.

Tags:
🡱 🡳