Screenshots

Started by fragger, December 02, 2014, 07:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Nice view.
[smg id=7524 type=preview align=center caption="2014 12 19 00114"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Fake mountains
Spoiler
Sorry, couldn't resist :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Maybe fragger will find a secret pathway to the top of those peaks

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

nexor

Quote from: PZ on December 20, 2014, 03:31:32 PM
Maybe fragger will find a secret pathway to the top of those peaks
Even if there's not one, fragger will find one   :-D

fragger

I'll try mate, I'll certainly try :-D

Dang... I just played for a few hours and forgot to try that gyrocopter thing, i.e. see how far to the edge of the map I could fly. I was too busy getting exasperated to the point of apoplexy in my latest main mission :D And I had to get through it all, or it was right back to the beginning of it next time. Damn checkpoints...

fragger

Here's an attempt I made to fly to the extremity of the map:

Getting close (I'm in the gyro, looking sideways):
[smg id=7545 align=center width=600]

Landed, and tantalizingly close:
[smg id=7546 align=center width=600]

Can I get up to the top of that ridge?
[smg id=7547 align=center width=600]

No - a few steps further up and I get this, with a ten-second timer to get back:
[smg id=7548 align=center width=600]

Here's where I landed (white circle, centre screen). There's lots more boundary to try, however...
[smg id=7549 align=center width=600]

fragger

A few other random pics:

I like this thing, a semi-automatic crossbow. It takes a clip of bolts and will fire just as fast as you can pull the trigger. Pincushion time...
[smg id=7550 align=center width=600]

Back in the high country, courtesy of Willis and his trademark yellow Cessna. He's not as nice a guy this time around, and complains about the douchebag he had to nursemaid on his last assignment. No, really, he does.
[smg id=7551 align=center width=600]

*Boomff*! Should have read the local road rules, mate. Elephants have right-of-way in Kyrat.
[smg id=7552 align=center width=600]

I told him not to eat that imported fish from Rook Island, but he wouldn't listen.
[smg id=7553 align=center width=600]

Love me, love my yak. Would you call this a pack-yak?
[smg id=7554 align=center width=600]

"If I ever get outta here, I'm goin' to Kathmandu..."
[smg id=7555 align=center width=600]

nexor

That little crossbow is great for stealth, use it everytime I want to take an outpost silently   
Was the Yak following the guy fragger? haven't come across one carrying a pack, nice find  :-X

JRD

Wow... a warning countdown!  ???

And if you keep going? Headshot? Sudden death?

I like how they did it in FC2... you pass out in the desert and wake up back on the map... subtle but efficient way of keeping you into the game world without breaking the immersion. This warning seems too harsh.

Man... this game looks fun but I keep being drawn away from it due to the ridiculously main mission. They ruined it for me (and for many of us, of course) but I still want this game.  :-(
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

nexor

I'm gritting my teeth while playing, do a lot of other things between main missions just to get rid of the frustration   >:((
There are some missions you can abort and do it at a later stage, some you cannot because the mission is in multiple parts   :D

fragger

Quote from: nexor on December 23, 2014, 04:05:18 AM
Was the Yak following the guy fragger? haven't come across one carrying a pack, nice find  :-X

No, it's a one-off thing. That marked the beginning of a mission for Longinus, one where you have to acquire an oxygen mask find a bunch of stuff in a blizzard way up in the Himalayas. The Sherpa takes you up there, ostensibly, and brings you back, although you don't see him do it. When you go near him the mission begins - fade out, fade in, and bingo, you're up in the mountains. Same deal to get back out after you've found the stuff.

PZ

Still seriously impressive graphics  :-X

fragger

I finally got hold of the modified WWII-era MG42, in its present day form a.k.a. the "Buzzsaw". Bitchin'... >:D This is a wicked weapon.
[smg id=7558 align=center width=600]

Such a tranquil scene, soon to be shattered by mayhem and madness. Enjoy your peaceful morning dip while you can, Jumbo.
[smg id=7559 align=center width=600]

Nice nose job, bub. This was the result of a glitch which also popped up occasionally in FC3. The guy was technically dead in that he was lying on the ground unmoving, but still showed up as an active enemy on the minimap - and his eyes would periodically blink. Spooky. I put one in his schnoz and got a "headshot" XP bonus. Easiest headshot ever 8)
[smg id=7560 align=center width=600]

King's Bridge, gateway to the Northern Region.
[smg id=7561 align=center width=600]

Binnatics

Nice pictures Fragger! I remember that glitch of an undead soldier. Happened to me a couple of times, I think I even saw it happen once in a coop game, but I'm not completely sure. The bullet damage to the nose is new? I don't remember ever having seen such a wound in FC games.

fragger

After I took that nose-wound picture I went a short way away to do something else, and when I came back the wound had disappeared and the guy's nose was back to normal.

They can heal themselves even when they're dead :-()

Binnatics

Art Blade

When I had the idea to toss a sticky C-4 at a bear's arse, it was already funny seeing that bear walking with a butt cork around. Then the bear saw the last man of the outpost, a heavy. I detonated the bear which took out the heavy and that was that, outpost liberated. But taking that screenshot the moment the bear flipped.. lucky strike  :-D

[smg id=7563 type=preview align=center caption="outpost bear somersault"]

Binnatics

fragger

Nicely timed screenie, Art :laugh: :-X

fragger

Speaking of flying bears...
[smg id=7564 align=center width=600]

A couple of nifty parking jobs - and for once I wasn't responsible for them. The AIs did it all by themselves. I've taught them well... :-()
[smg id=7565 align=center width=600]
[smg id=7566 align=center width=600]

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on December 28, 2014, 01:19:55 AM
Speaking of flying bears...
[smg id=7564 align=center width=600]

MUAHAHAHAHA!

:laugh: that has to be the picture of the year 2014, fragger, +1  :-X bloody excellent! :laugh:

Art Blade

By the way, the newest patch (PC only) 1.6.0 added a toggle key for the HUD. Press F11 to remove most of it (you'll still see marked locations and arrows pointing to nearby events but you can toggle these individually from the options menu).

Here two examples.

[smg id=7567 type=preview align=center caption="demon fish"]
[smg id=7568 type=preview align=center caption="no HUD"]

Binnatics

Nice! :)

Indeed an excellent picture Fragger!  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳