Screenshots

Started by fragger, December 02, 2014, 07:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

I thought I'd start a separate topic here for FC4 screenies. Being such a photogenic game there's bound to be a few, once more members get into it. IF more members get into it... :-()

I've only come across one of these funky-looking vehicles so far. Yes, you can drive it.
[smg id=7440 align=center width=600]

You don't want to get hornswoggled by one of these. This particular one's butting days are over.
[smg id=7441 align=center width=600]

I absolutely love the gyrocopter!
[smg id=7442 align=center width=600]

Follow that truck! If only I'd had a grenade launcher with me...
[smg id=7443 align=center width=600]

Once you're finished flying, you can put it down anywhere.
[smg id=7444 align=center width=600]

Some of the scenes and vistas are beautiful to look at.
[smg id=7445 align=center width=600]

nexor

Those little scooters go like hell, you should try one fragger   :-D

Oh, and the FC3 buggy is also here, drives as well as in FC3 too, my favourite   8-X

Binnatics

Nice pics Fragger! Love the elephants... The Rhino has a small horn. In fact, I'm a bit puzzled by the presence of these animals in the Himalayas. I thought they only live in Africa ????
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Stiku

Quote from: Binnatics on December 02, 2014, 08:51:45 AM
Nice pics Fragger! Love the elephants... The Rhino has a small horn. In fact, I'm a bit puzzled by the presence of these animals in the Himalayas. I thought they only live in Africa ????

There's a little story to this in one of the "Kyrat fashion weekend" sidequest's why rhinos are there and plentiful.
And those are Asian Rhinos.

PZ

That scooter looks like the tuk-tuks in JC2

Do you think you could have landed on that truck fragger?  Then you could hijack it just like in JC2  >:D

fragger

:-D

I thought about that but it was all I could do to keep up with it. You can either kill the drivers and hijack the truck and drive it to a particular location for a reward including a free ammo top-up, or you can destroy it and still get a reward minus the top-up.

Quote from: nexor on December 02, 2014, 07:39:54 AM
Those little scooters go like hell, you should try one fragger   :-D

I did, that's how I knew they were drivable :-D

I didn't know about Asian rhinos either until I played this. I Googled them to find out and Stiku is correct, these are Asian rhinos, which are characterized among other things as having a smaller horn than their African cousins. Also, they only have one horn whereas an African rhino has two, a large one at the front with a smaller one behind it.

I saw a cool sight yesterday. An eagle swooped and attacked a monkey, then picked it up and flew off with it.

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on December 02, 2014, 04:23:16 PMI saw a cool sight yesterday. An eagle swooped and attacked a monkey, then picked it up and flew off with it.

??? wow. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed - now that's attention to detail!

fragger

This is one of my fave weapons so far - the D2, a sawn-off double-barrelled shottie. It packs a solid wallop and it can be carried in the Sidearms slot (you have a Sidearms slot which can only contain a sidearm, and three other slots which can contain any other weapons).
[smg id=7479 align=center width=600]

The elephants love the water.
[smg id=7480 align=center width=600]

Up in the high country. This was a one-off mission into the Himalayas. It looks amazing, but the mission itself is one of the find-the-missing-objects-before-your oxygen-runs-out affairs. You can get extra oxygen masks off dead baddies, so it's actually not too difficult a thing.
[smg id=7481 align=center width=600]

The crowd in the arena. Fond memories (not). After the first arena fight, you can actually go back and take part in as many arena fights as you like, to see if you can increase your standing. Reaching Level 10 will unlock a signature weapon - the Bushman.
[smg id=7482 align=center width=600]

Some of the characters in the story. These two heads are supposed to be the game's comic relief, I think. In reality, they're just annoying. And long-winded. And apparently, perpetually zonked.
[smg id=7483 align=center width=600]

This cat is the local fashion guru. Completing "Kyrat Fashion Week" missions for him (by hunting specific rare animals) will earn you the final upgrades to your various gear-carrying containers, just like the Path of the Hunter missions did in FC3.
[smg id=7484 align=center width=600]

A couple of other denizens.
[smg id=7485 align=center width=600]
[smg id=7486 align=center width=600]

Binnatics

These tho supposedly funny guys; they remind me of Cheech and Chong.. although a much younger version of them :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

The graphics alone are enough to make me want the game, but I'm just so disappointed in the main missions.

JRD

I'm with PZ. I feel like buying this game for the graphics alone but as soon as I think about the main missions I forget about it. Maybe next Xmas, during the sales.  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

nexor

Some scenes in the northern side, pity I couldn't hide the firearm

[smg id=7500 type=preview align=center caption="FarCry4 sc1"]

[smg id=7501 type=preview align=center caption="FarCry4 sc2"]

[smg id=7502 type=preview align=center caption="FarCry4 sc3"]

[smg id=7503 type=preview align=center caption="FarCry4 sc4"]

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

fragger

Nice ones nex :-X

There is a way to get a screenie without the weapon showing, but you have to be quick. If you hit your takedown key there's a split second between when the weapon goes down and the knife swishes past. If you can hit your capture key in that split second, you'll get a shot with no weapon showing. It just takes some practice to get the timing right. I don't always bother doing that, but it can be done. That's how I got some of those weaponless shots earlier in this thread :)

nexor

Thanks fragger, will try it out  :-X

fragger

I found this interesting. This is Kyrat airport.

[smg id=7505 align=center width=600]
[smg id=7506 align=center width=600]
[smg id=7507 align=center width=600]

It doesn't look terribly realistic, does it? Like, who would build an airport with a very short and severely downward-sloping runway, the end of which terminates in a steep drop and the upper end terminates in a solid wall of earth?

Spoiler

Answer - the Nepalese. This is Lukla Airport in Nepal, one of the world's most unnerving airports. The runway is only approx. 500m long with a steep drop at the departure end, slopes downward at an angle of 22% towards departure and terminates in a solid wall at the arrival end. You don't want to land long at this place...

You can see how closely Kyrat airport is modelled on it - it even has the same heading number (24) painted on the runway. Generally speaking though, Lukla Airport doesn't often have a wrecked car and dead bodies in the middle of the runway...

[smg id=7508 align=center width=600]
[smg id=7509 align=center width=600]

PZ

Great pics, fragger!  Nice you were able to hunt down the real thing  :-X +1

nexor

Yes great pics fragger, funny, I should have picket that up when doing the Willis mission, I usually notice those kind of things about airports

JRD

??? Nah, I'll take the bus!!  ???

Kudos for the connection fragger. +1  :-X

Dweller_Benthos

Nice shots, guys.

I started looking for the details in the stuff that is always fun to find. Took a screen of the warning label on the quad bike but haven't posted it yet. Jist of the thing is that they recommend you ignore the warning label, lol
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

JRD

Going through this topic again I started to think: Can you get on top of those snowy mounains or are they just in the background?

With that little gyrocopter it could be doable in a reasonable time!

Binnatics

Great find Fragger, and nice pics! +1 from me too ;)

I actually think it's quite intelligent design, a sloped runway. Solution for lack of space, found in what they have too much of; height ;)

fragger

Thanks for the kudos guys :)

You're right, Binn. Although the runway at Lukla is short, the steepish upward slope on landing greatly helps to shorten the required landing distance. Of course, it can only be landed on one way - uphill. The mountains right behind the high end preclude any landing approaches from that direction, even if you were crazy enough to attempt a landing on a 500m downward-sloping runway with a drop at the end. I saw a program on TV about Lukla not long ago, which was how I knew about it already. As soon as I saw the airport in FC4 I had to get on to Google to compare :)

@JRD, no, you can't get to those snowy mountains, they're backdrop only. The gyrocopter won't go over a certain height above the ground, wherever the ground may be. A light on the console flashes and you hear a beeping noise like a stall warning when you reach the 'copter's ceiling. I haven't yet tried flying toward the mountains to see how far I get or what happens. Another thing to try next time - right after a save, naturally :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳