Screenshots

Started by fragger, December 02, 2014, 07:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Cool :-X :-D

@ mandru, what an extreme bummer :D I would have loved to have seen that screenie!

PZ

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Played a bit again and got a few pics for you. :)

[smg id=7772 type=preview align=center caption="propaganda burning"]
[smg id=7773 type=preview align=center caption="role reversal"]
[smg id=7774 type=preview align=center caption="parachute photography"]
[smg id=7775 type=preview align=center caption="throwing knife victim"]
[smg id=7776 type=preview align=center caption="moonlit night"]
[smg id=7777 type=preview align=center caption="morning bear"]
[smg id=7778 type=preview align=center caption="without bear"]
[smg id=7779 type=preview align=center caption="leading somewhere"]
[smg id=7780 type=preview align=center caption="behind you"]
[smg id=7781 type=preview align=center caption="pet wolf"]
[smg id=7782 type=preview align=center caption="wolf's head"]
[smg id=7783 type=preview align=center caption="wolf's dead"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Excellent series, AB  :-X

Nice new avatar too  ^-^

Art Blade

mandru

Indeed.  Very nice shots.  :)

The shot showing the Hunter (titled "behind you") reminded me of a stray thought I'd had a while back that the Hunters' ability to mesmerize wild animals and direct them against the player (or other Golden Path soldiers) in a conflict will probably be a highly sought after Mod to be applied to the player's skill set once modding really takes off.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

thank you mandru :)

when you (only if your gfx card allows for it) enable "simulated fur" you get to see nice stuff. Same goes for enhanced god rays. I also admire snow that gets blown off high mountains.

[smg id=7788 type=preview align=center caption="fur 1"]
[smg id=7789 type=preview align=center caption="fur 2"]
[smg id=7790 type=preview align=center caption="fur 3"]
[smg id=7791 type=preview align=center caption="god rays"]
[smg id=7792 type=preview align=center caption="snow blow"]

fragger

Cool piccies Art :-X

And cool avi :-D 8)

Art Blade

fragger

Pushing the boundaries #3 (I think...)

I felt like having a bit of FPS fun so I fired up FC4 after not playing it for a while. I'd last saved near the end of a game and decided to go liberate Yuma's fortress. I'd approached it from the SE, and was making my around the outside of it looking for a good high vantage point. In the process, I arrived at this point:

[smg id=8187 align=center width=600]

I'd started by grappling up to the ledge that is just next to the front gate of the fortress (to the left of the gate if you're standing outside looking at it). From there I stayed as high as I could as I made my way around the fort. You'll know when you've reached the above point when you start seeing snowy slopes up above, and there's usually some pigs hanging around there. I found that if I turned north-west, I could actually get up quite high into the snow fields - all the way up to here:

[smg id=8188 align=center width=600]

Once I was up there, I found that the entire snowy-white area shown on the map is traversable. Not only that, but the whole snowy ridge running south to south-east from it which forms the barrier between north and south Kyrat was traversable too, up to a southern-most point (see the final picture).

So I made my way south along the ridge until it ended in a high, stepped peak. Even then, I discovered after much zig-zagging and jumping about that the peak itself was almost entirely climbable. Despite entering this area from north Kyrat, I was able to wingsuit from here into south Kyrat (the "out of bounds" message appeared during the first couple of seconds of the jump, then it went away and all was well).

As far as I can determine, the starting point to this high snowy area near Yuma's fortress is the only way up. Once up there however, you can jump and wingsuit into either north or south Kyrat. Be careful though - even though I was way above the rest of the map, I got attacked by an eagle while I was up there.

Later I went back to see if the initial access point could be reached from north of Yuma's place, but it appears that you have to go around the fort from the south to get high enough to find the initial snowy area, staying as high as you can as you go around.

Here's some pics:

High above King's Bridge.
[smg id=8189 align=center width=600]

Looking southwards along the ridge that divides north and south Kyrat. The "X" marks the furthest point I could reach.
[smg id=8190 align=center width=600]

Looking down on Ajay's house along the way.
[smg id=8191 align=center width=600]

Normally the peak with the X is totally inaccessible, even by gyrocopter. But from up here on the ridge, you can wingsuit to it and land on it (which I did later).
[smg id=8192 align=center width=600]

Getting close to the summit. X marks the spot again.
[smg id=8193 align=center width=600]

Climbing higher and higher. Tricky running jump here, took a few attempts to get up there.
[smg id=8194 align=center width=600]

Well, the end of the road! So close to the top...
[smg id=8195 align=center width=600]
[smg id=8196 align=center width=600]

OWGKID

Wow, nice  :o ??? :-X
LEGACY

OWGKID

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

The golden gun  >:D :-D
LEGACY

fragger

Nice one GKID :-X I've got a gold Magnum and a gold Desert Eagle :-D

I never did get around to taking Yuma's fort while I was gallivanting around on the ridge, so I went back with a LK-1018 launcher equipped with the L-CAM sight and climbed back up to the ridge. From up there I was able to pepper the fort with cluster bombs. I took out all the guards with it - they never knew where it was coming from! One hit earned me 750 XPs in one go 8)

Previously I was never crazy about the LK because it doesn't do what the blurb says. It's supposed to lock on to a vehicle with the L-CAM sight, but it doesn't, even though it plays tones when the sight is on a vehicle. However, I did discover what it does do. Wherever you aim with the L-CAM, that's where the cluster bombs will come down, even after you've fired, stopped sighting and have turned away. You need a clear line of sight though - if there's so much as a twig between you and the target, the rounds will fall where the twig is, i.e. land short and possibly on you. Without the L-CAM, the LK behaves like the Carl G in FC2 - the rocket can be guided in flight, provided you keep sighting to guide it.

There is a bit of a glitch, dunno if it's just in my game. When I first grab the LK from the store with the L-CAM already attached, it behaves as though the sight isn't there, i.e. like the Carl G. To get the rocket to fly upwards and then rain cluster bombs like it's supposed to do with the L-CAM, I have to interact with a trading cabinet or Sherpa to remove the L-CAM, go out and fire a rocket, then come back to the trading cabinet and re-attach the L-CAM. From then on it works fine. As long as I hang on to the LK it keeps working properly, but once I swap it for another weapon, then grab it again later, the glitch returns and I have to do the sight swap-out thing again.

I now love the thing, despite that little glitch. It's like being a one-man artillery barrage, and it has an impressive range.

Cluster bombs landing in Yuma's fort:
[smg id=8197 align=center width=600]

PZ

Excellent discoveries, fragger the explorer +1  :-X  ;)

Art Blade

absolutely, nice one fragger +1 :-X :)

OWGKID

The LK-1018 with the L-CAM sight is litterally OVERPOWERED along with the Buzzsaw >:D ;D
LEGACY

Dweller_Benthos

Funny, I never used either of those weapons much. Used the buzzsaw a little, but don't think I ever acquired the LK-1018 at all, I'll have to fire it up tonight and see.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

OWGKID

Spoiler
You need to complete all of Longinus' side quests to unlock it. There are two of them in the south and the last ones is in the North ;)
LEGACY

OWGKID

The golden AK-47 returns  :-D
Ultra-snub golden .44 magnum. Note the crazy red dot sight mounting physics... :knockout
Reloading the gold painted ultra snub revolver.
LEGACY

Art Blade

that is a known yet temporary glitch -- I had a missing barrel once but it returned.

Binnatics

I missing barrel, oh oh Ubi :lol
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

lol "ultra-snub" :-D Who needs a barrel?

PZ

Indeed; I remember an episode of the old Avengers in which Steed put a cartridge through a knot hole in a fence and then waited for the criminal to walk in front of the fence before he tapped the primer.  Of course, he had another knot hole for a sight.  :-()

OWGKID

LEGACY

Tags:
🡱 🡳